Reload this Page >

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Wikiposts

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 13th 2003, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77
Which was there for everyone to see. Would you blatantly mouth off at your child For falling and fracturing his or her arm anyway, let alone on TV. If people think she is coping well then what is nor coping?
She didn't. Perhaps you were watching Eastenders?
Old May 13th 2003, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Slippers, Would be interested to know if you have children.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:53 am
Just Joined

parky43 is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me you can slag someone off after seeing them on a program for i hour, but as soon as someone questions yourself you jump down their throat. The mother is not here to defend herself so keep your opinion a little more light hearted. I'm sure your not perfect.

Dean
Old May 13th 2003, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Which was there for everyone to see. Would you blatantly mouth off at your child For falling and fracturing his or her arm anyway, let alone on TV. If people think she is coping well then what is nor coping?

I would not no, but I would also not call her a 'bitch', as you did, based on one programme.

I asked a question, trying to make you realise that it is you and your wife making the decision to emigrate and not your whole family and it is good to remember that. It would be better for you to not question the abilities of other people as parents before you have had the chance to find out your own - you are 1 year into a long process and someone else failing at the job, in your eyes, is not a "bitch" but perhaps just someone making a mistake. The editing on TV will always keep in moments like you mention - you are not seeing their life, you are seeing an editor's edit of their life. There is even less chance to see what people are really like and what their private fears and prejudices are than on here and you are showing here that people do not always come across as they would hope.

Slippers
Old May 13th 2003, 10:56 am
Just Joined

I agree with you slippers. Well said.

Dean
Old May 13th 2003, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by sputnikspouse
Hi Dean what are you going to be doing in N.Z. are you also buying into a franchise?
we are hoping to go into retail
Hi sputnikspouse, i am going into property investment. Basically i will be buying residential property and renting them. Also i am starting a property maintenance business, hopefully the 2 ventures will work well together.

Dean
Old May 13th 2003, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you want her to do, act for the camera? she was having a bad day with the kids. I don't have any of the little buggers but I remember my little bro falling off his bike and breaking his arm, my Mum did not give it the oh dear you poor thing, she went looby bloody loo. !!!

As for the programme I thought it was one of the best as they had done there own research knew what they were doing and went for it.

She admitted being obcessive about cleaning, we all have our faults. Besides I am sure the editing made it look worse than it was.

I hope it works out for them.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Slippers
I would not no, but I would also not call her a 'bitch', as you did, based on one programme.

I asked a question, trying to make you realise that it is you and your wife making the decision to emigrate and not your whole family and it is good to remember that. It would be better for you to not question the abilities of other people as parents before you have had the chance to find out your own - you are 1 year into a long process and someone else failing at the job, in your eyes, is not a "bitch" but perhaps just someone making a mistake. The editing on TV will always keep in moments like you mention - you are not seeing their life, you are seeing an editor's edit of their life. There is even less chance to see what people are really like and what their private fears and prejudices are than on here and you are showing here that people do not always come across as they would hope.

Slippers
You asked the question without knowing how old my daughter was.
The mother in my opinion did not put her children first. I still stand by my comment that she was 'in it for herself'. May i remind you that the mother i question was a lot more experianced than i am in parenthood. If this is the case then i consider myself as doing 'pretty good' so far.
Also, when children are concerend, It is not about coming across as people would hope. It's about being a parent ! I for one could never have said the things she said. If i did would feel like hanging myself from the nearest tree!
Old May 13th 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Again slippers, Do you have children?
Old May 13th 2003, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

You asked the question without knowing how old my daughter was.
The mother in my opinion did not put her children first. I still stand by my comment that she was 'in it for herself'. May i remind you that the mother i question was a lot more experianced than i am in parenthood. If this is the case then i consider myself as doing 'pretty good' so far.
Also, when children are concerend, It is not about coming across as people would hope. It's about being a parent ! I for one could never have said the things she said. If i did would feel like hanging myself from the nearest tree!
B*****ks! Wait 'til she's old enough to answer you back.
Sorry, but you need a reality check of the highest order! Your daughter will be running rings round you in no time.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Gra.B
B*****ks! Wait 'til she's old enough to answer you back.
Sorry, but you need a reality check of the highest order! Your daughter will be running rings round you in no time.
I totally agree. She already is!

Last edited by Ianha77; May 13th 2003 at 11:28 am.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well lets hope you are never stressed or have a bad day because of course you handle situations in the right way all of the time.

Oh no you don't that was it. You watch a TV programme and decide a woman is a "bitch".

How would you feel if someone made similiar comments about your wife.

You have chosen to attack someone who is not here to defend herself, who probably had no control over the content of the programme, who was just being a mother not only coping with the stress of moving across the planet, but then having the hassle of a camera stuck in her face.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by karawara88
Well lets hope you are never stressed or have a bad day because of course you handle situations in the right way all of the time.

Oh no you don't that was it. You watch a TV programme and decide a woman is a "bitch".

How would you feel if someone made similiar comments about your wife.

You have chosen to attack someone who is not here to defend herself, who probably had no control over the content of the programme, who was just being a mother not only coping with the stress of moving across the planet, but then having the hassle of a camera stuck in her face.
My wife would never treat our daughter like that and so would have nothing to answer to.
Also, I didn't feel she was coping with the stress. She onlyhad a camera stuck in her face because she wanted to. If she couldn't cope, which she obviously couldn't, then she should never have volountered for the show. A show was all it was!
Old May 13th 2003, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Again slippers, Do you have children?
No.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

My wife would never treat our daughter like that and so would have nothing to answer to.
Also, I didn't feel she was coping with the stress. She onlyhad a camera stuck in her face because she wanted to. If she couldn't cope, which she obviously couldn't, then she should never have volountered for the show. A show was all it was!
Treat her like what? She didn't batter 'im or anything, she didn't even shout!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.