Wikiposts

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Loki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scary Woman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gra.B
suggested reading for the flight over..... [QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip - glad to see you have a sense of humour as well as intelligence
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
but i still have no faith in estate agents (sorry if any of you are one)
That's OK, I don't believe they exist either!
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

hey that's not a bad idea!
yeah the house offer is ok but i still have no faith in estate agents (sorry if any of you are one)
Hope you don't mind me asking Paul, have you dropped the price to sell it?

Plenty of us have houses on the market, looks like the market is looking rather gloomy now, and perhaps dropping the price to cut you loses in the long run might be the way to go:scared:

PS. Loved the programme, the part where you went out a bought that furniture and turned up with the relocator gobsmacked was great, wasting no time you did what you wanted to do and followed your own gut instincts.
Old May 23rd 2003, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scary Woman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gra.B
suggested reading for the flight over.....

Thanks for the tip - glad to see you have a sense of humour as well as intelligence
.....you're welcome! Glad to be of service!

Gra...
Old May 23rd 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

we took the house off the market for a week and then put it up with a new agent and we actually increased our asking price! we had three viewings in the first week with this agent and an offer.
it's a long way to go before the money gets in the bank though so we're not get too excited yet.
we have probably made about $30,000 on our house already over here though as prices are soaring at the moment.
Old May 23rd 2003, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi,

First time on this thread but I have read it many times with interest. we watched the programme and thought it was great. Spurred us on, not that we needed spurring on.

Fingers crossed for the sale of the house, I know how stressful it is and we are still in the house. Hows the business going. It looks like hard work to me. I never like washing my own car, mind you if I was being paid it would be easier.

Hope you and the wife and kids are well.

Helen
Old May 27th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

hi all,
i've just heard the bbc are looking for people to do the next series of get a new life. it's a company called brighter pictures in scotland and i can recommend it if you can handle the stress.
we are well but just went out and bought some oil filled heaters as it's getting cold at night now (sunny in the day though).
we are starting up another business as i seem to be spending most of the time on car care and julie wants to get out more.
(+ the extra money is bound to go on some retail therapy)
somebody has increased their offer on our house which is good news so i'm offf to ring the estate agent.
Old May 27th 2003, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

how much did the beeb give you then ??

cheers

richard
Old May 27th 2003, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,
i've just heard the bbc are looking for people to do the next series of get a new life. it's a company called brighter pictures in scotland and i can recommend it if you can handle the stress.
we are well but just went out and bought some oil filled heaters as it's getting cold at night now (sunny in the day though).
we are starting up another business as i seem to be spending most of the time on car care and julie wants to get out more.
(+ the extra money is bound to go on some retail therapy)
somebody has increased their offer on our house which is good news so i'm offf to ring the estate agent.

Glad to hear that all is going well for you, good news about both houses. I am sure the BBC will be inundated with callers for he next series.! What business are you going into this time or are you expanding on the car care?
Old May 27th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Paul

Juliet and I have taken your advice and registered on this website, and found it really good with loads of helpful insights and tips.

What is the new business you are looking at setting up? We are keeping all of our options open so would consider everything.

I have called Brighter pictures and they have said that a second series has still to be confirmed, but they are taking applications incase. Apparently they have received thousands. Better than last year as they were struggling to find people towards the end.

We are off to an emigration exhibition in yourk this weekend to get a clearer picture of whats going on. Passports now sent of, along with police checks. Medicals to be booked.

Hope the family are ok. Will email you soon with more news.

Paul H
Old May 27th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pastor Flaps
Hi Paul

Juliet and I have taken your advice and registered on this website, and found it really good with loads of helpful insights and tips.

What is the new business you are looking at setting up? We are keeping all of our options open so would consider everything.

I have called Brighter pictures and they have said that a second series has still to be confirmed, but they are taking applications incase. Apparently they have received thousands. Better than last year as they were struggling to find people towards the end.

We are off to an emigration exhibition in yourk this weekend to get a clearer picture of whats going on. Passports now sent of, along with police checks. Medicals to be booked.

Hope the family are ok. Will email you soon with more news.

Paul H
Paul,

I'm still a bit confused about what you're doing. Who have you sent the passports and police checks to? For residence applications, these and the medicals should be included with a completed application form and any documentary evidence. It sounds like you're sending bits and pieces to NZIS, for them to compile. Or are you sending stuff to an agent for them to compile?

Cheers,
Tony
Old May 27th 2003, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Tony

At the moment we are requesting all of the info we may need to either compile for an application ourselves, or to go through an agent.
I am right to do this, or is this something the agent would do.
We havent sent anything to NZIS yet.

PF
Old May 27th 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pastor Flaps
Tony

At the moment we are requesting all of the info we may need to either compile for an application ourselves, or to go through an agent.
I am right to do this, or is this something the agent would do.

We havent sent anything to NZIS yet.

PF
OK, Paul. It's just that you said "Passports now sent of, along with police checks." I guess you meant that you've applied for new passports and for police checks. In which case that's fine.
Old May 28th 2003, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

hi all,
the second business is just something julie will be doing to earn us some money to go out at the weekends (if we can find a babysitter)
car care is our main business and has to be that way because that is the requirement of the long term business visa.
it is very hard starting a business so if anyone is thinking of doing it then make sure you have money to get you through the first year.
bye for now

paul

oh yeah we were recognised in the street twice here today! it appears tauranga has been flooded with tapes of the show sent by relatives in the uk.
Old May 28th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi all,
the second business is just something julie will be doing to earn us some money to go out at the weekends (if we can find a babysitter)
paul
Good luck to Julie. You're very cagey about what the business is, Paul. I hope it's legal

My wife reckons it's something like keep-fit classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.