Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Wikiposts

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 21st 2003, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

simonsays is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scary Woman

Originally posted by Loki
Sorry to have offended you but I was merely professing my own opinion on the BBC programme. And no I do not in general go around thumping people - it was obviously not meant literally! But I do believe sometimes people need a reminder that this is their life and rather than moan about it they should get on and live it and if there are problems then sort them. If you can't sort the problem move on. Life really is too short.
loki, you obviously haven't read the thread.

for you to judge someone who's going through an extremely stressful life-changing experience, while having a camera stuck in their face at the same time, is both harsh and unfair. as firing1 said, the producers cut out many of the parts where they were enjoying themselves like going surfing etc.
Old May 21st 2003, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Loki
Sorry to have offended you but I was merely professing my own opinion on the BBC programme. And no I do not in general go around thumping people - it was obviously not meant literally! But I do believe sometimes people need a reminder that this is their life and rather than moan about it they should get on and live it and if there are problems then sort them. If you can't sort the problem move on. Life really is too short.
Glad to hear that you don't generally go round thumping people. But I suspect you would have given Julie a verbal roasting. For what? For wanting a clean house and a clean environment. Doesn't sound like much of a provocation to me.

If, indeed, you did watch the programme, you would have clearly seen that Julie and Paul were doing exactly what you suggest. Getting on with their lives and sorting out their problems. Or are you suggesting that they should have stayed in the UK to "sort their problems out"?
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Loki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sofistek
Glad to hear that you don't generally go round thumping people. But I suspect you would have given Julie a verbal roasting. For what? For wanting a clean house and a clean environment. Doesn't sound like much of a provocation to me.

If, indeed, you did watch the programme, you would have clearly seen that Julie and Paul were doing exactly what you suggest. Getting on with their lives and sorting out their problems. Or are you suggesting that they should have stayed in the UK to "sort their problems out"?

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree on this point!
Do you have any advice yourself on making the move go smoother? What have your studies told you about housing - renting furnished or unfurnished, in the city or country? I'm in a bit of a quandary about this as we will need to have transport and I've heard that means your own car.
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

Will people who have not read this thread properly please, please, please stop jumping in and going on about firing 1 and his family. It is hard enough somewher new without people (who don't know you) talking about you as if you don't exist..they do read this you know as do their children (well Zoe).

leave it.............................
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Loki is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scarlett G
As I have already stated I gave my opinion on the prgramme, I am sorry to offend and I am sure the children know their mother far better than any of us and that the programme was biased. SO, let's agree to disagree
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

suggested reading for the flight over..... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Interesting choice of name Loki .....a Norse god eh.... Often known as the trouble maker, the trickster, Mr mischeif, the maliceous agent of norse mythology.

Last edited by PeteY; May 22nd 2003 at 12:52 am.
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:51 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Keep at it Firing1 I was impressed by you and you,re family.
You and the missus are both HARD working people with a strong desire to make a better life for your kids.
Alot of people on these boards wish you well and hope you succeed in your life changing mission.
Happy birthday ZOE make mum and dad spend lots of money on your presents.
And Julie keep going girl I think you made a great start to life over there and achieved a load of things in hardly anytime at all.
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:31 am
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Truth

Right!
Threre have been lots of opinions towards Paul and Julie with the way they went about there move to New Zealand and on how they are currently living there life.
WELL,, I visited nz just over 2 weeks ago in fact papamoa tauranga and did meet paul and Julie there.
The facts are as follows:
1, they had the balls to give up a perfectly good life in the U.K to better themselves which is why the chose nz, lets face it, how many people do you actually know that have done that?
2,How many people do you know that have started up there own business that you know little about and actually get successful within 6 weeks?
3, have done all this without the sale of your house where you are depending on that money?
4, On top of this have to supply for a wife and 2 children food/clothes/a house etc without losing your mind?
5,Have to deal with all the stress of this and not be able to fall back on anyone for a bit of help or support for even 5 minutes because you have no family or friends around you (sometimes a telephone call just is not enough)?
I have spent some time with the Goddard family and I personally think they are doing really well in fact exceptionally well.
The BBC were there to film them which is what they had done bad really one month in one hour I suppose to get viewers rating up they made a special effort on bad points rather than good points, rotten I know but there you go.
I wish them all the luck even though its not needed and I will be seeing them again soon
Cheers
Gavin
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Truth

Well said Gavin, I think nearly all agree with it. There's only been a few negative remarks (which ain't bad for on here) & they probably just wanted to stir things up a bit!

Cheers, Gra...
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

sputnikspouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Truth

Originally posted by ratliffe
Right!
Threre have been lots of opinions towards Paul and Julie with the way they went about there move to New Zealand and on how they are currently living there life.
WELL,, I visited nz just over 2 weeks ago in fact papamoa tauranga and did meet paul and Julie there.
The facts are as follows:
1, they had the balls to give up a perfectly good life in the U.K to better themselves which is why the chose nz, lets face it, how many people do you actually know that have done that?
2,How many people do you know that have started up there own business that you know little about and actually get successful within 6 weeks?
3, have done all this without the sale of your house where you are depending on that money?
4, On top of this have to supply for a wife and 2 children food/clothes/a house etc without losing your mind?
5,Have to deal with all the stress of this and not be able to fall back on anyone for a bit of help or support for even 5 minutes because you have no family or friends around you (sometimes a telephone call just is not enough)?
I have spent some time with the Goddard family and I personally think they are doing really well in fact exceptionally well.
The BBC were there to film them which is what they had done bad really one month in one hour I suppose to get viewers rating up they made a special effort on bad points rather than good points, rotten I know but there you go.
I wish them all the luck even though its not needed and I will be seeing them again soon
Cheers
Gavin
Nice one Gav.
my own centiments exactly. Nice to see you back on the threads at last, and all the best of luck to paul& julie although they don't need it they are doing just fine. I hope paul gets back to mailing as regular as he used to it was good to hear what they were up to we miss that.
I do hope that the house sells for them in the near future after all the stick they have taken on this forum they deserve a break.
regards
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone,
sorry i haven't e mailed as much. i am sitting in the corner hiding from my scary wife, the kids are trembling and even the postmans stopped calling! (i bet some people on here will believe this too).
good to hear from you all, we are all well and the business is still fine. we had a call today to say the prime minister is visiting tauranga next week and she wants a copy of the program!
just a little bit more clarity for some people regarding the program
the stuff with julies cleaning was an ongoing joke she was actually asked to get the vac out etc for footage. i'm not saying we don't have a clean house but it was over emphasised on purpose also the incident where sam hurt his arm was heavily edited and we had had a very stressful day. we did the program so that people could hopefully see the reality of emigrating but yes we were warned you will always get the odd negative comment but it is getting boring.
we have had loads of e mails asking for advice and our help which is nice but we are struggling to reply as there are so many. i will start another thread with a load of these answers for people to read (i think this will be the quickest way)
zoe seems to be making more friends everyday and weekends she is always staying at friends house's.
oh yes apparently someone has put an offer in on our house in the uk so not a bad week afterall.
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1 apparently someone has put an offer in on our house in the uk so not a bad week afterall.
That's great news, Paul. I hope it's a reasonable offer and there are no hitches.

Cheers,
Tony
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:41 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by firing1
we had a call today to say the prime minister is visiting tauranga next week and she wants a copy of the program!
hob nobbing with the PM

So when do you start cleaning her fleet of cars?
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey that's not a bad idea!
yeah the house offer is ok but i still have no faith in estate agents (sorry if any of you are one)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.