Reload this Page >

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Wikiposts

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 13th 2003, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sally1968
According to her they had moved to the other side of the world for a less stressful lifestyle but she didn't seem able to let go of anything. A bit of sand in the house- Oh dear!!! If she didn't want sand in the house don't go to the b****y beach!

And her poor children had been through as much upheaval as she had (especially the little girl) and she didn't IMO give them the support that they needed. It's just as hard for the children to leave their friends- the little girl saying goodbye to her friends at school was heart wrenching- but all the mother did as far as i could see was give them a hard time.

That is just my view point and was how i saw the programme.
Remember that you only saw 1hr out of 3 mths, (don't think it's really fair to judge her mothering skills).

I thought they handled the whole thing well, good genuine down to earth people, good luck to 'em.
Old May 13th 2003, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sally1968
According to her they had moved to the other side of the world for a less stressful lifestyle but she didn't seem able to let go of anything. A bit of sand in the house- Oh dear!!! If she didn't want sand in the house don't go to the b****y beach!

And her poor children had been through as much upheaval as she had (especially the little girl) and she didn't IMO give them the support that they needed. It's just as hard for the children to leave their friends- the little girl saying goodbye to her friends at school was heart wrenching- but all the mother did as far as i could see was give them a hard time.

That is just my view point and was how i saw the programme.
I'm sure that a lot was missed out and the poor woman was left alone to cope in a new place, with 2 kids for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it was tough. But despite all that, she was really fired up to give it a go. I wouldn't have entered a rent to buy agreement that I couldn't get out of. Brave or foolish?

The price of the house was a bit higher than I would have thought, though. However, I guess the exchange rate was a lot better then.
Old May 13th 2003, 9:41 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

It was scarry:scared: brought it home to me, schools, houses, very very real.
Old May 13th 2003, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

sputnikspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by paulf
It was scarry:scared: brought it home to me, schools, houses, very very real.
I had been realy looking forward to the prog.and just thought it was excelent the best one of the series,felt the relocaters had nowt to do the hard work had been done for them and the family were lovely they were determined to get it right from the word go
Old May 13th 2003, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER ????????????
There she was saying what little buggers they had been while poor old sam was been taking to hossy to have a plaster cast put on his other arm! what a 'not a nice mother in my opinion' !!!!!!!
Sorry, but being a father i couldn't believe how much she was in it for herself. bollocks to everyone else, as long as i get the sun and the house i want then that is ok.
We are emigrating to Aus for a beter lifestyle for our whole family. Not for myself! This Programme showed a mother who totally rellied on the grandparents in the uk and didn't know how to cope without them in NZ.

This post has been edited!

Last edited by Ianha77; May 13th 2003 at 12:12 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER ????????????
There she was saying what little buggers they had been while poor old sam was been taking to hossy to have a plaster cast put on his other arm! what a bitch!!!!!!!!
Sorry, but being a father i couldn't believe how much she was in it for herself. bollocks to everyone else, as long as i get the sun and the house i want then that is ok.
We are emigrating to Aus for a beter lifestyle for our whole family. Not for myself! This wasn't what this programme showed!

What has your child had to say about your decision to emigrate?

Slippers
Old May 13th 2003, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Slippers
What has your child had to say about your decision to emigrate?

Slippers
My daughter is only 12 months old.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

My daughter is only 12 months old.
So why is your daughter deciding to emigrate?
Old May 13th 2003, 10:21 am
Just Joined

parky43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally i thought the whole family were coping well. Moving to the other side of the world and having to settle the family as quick as possible is quite daunting. But fair play to them, they got off there backsides and so far have give it there best shot. As i'm going through the same LBTV process, i know the importance of visiting the country and getting your home work right. Because after 3 years, if you have not satisfied nzis your business as sucseeded, you will be on your way home to the UK. So this family still as a long way to before they become residents. I'm sure with some hard work they will be ok and fufill there goal.
Having been to NZ on 4 occasions, i cant think of a better place to raise a family.
Good luck to them.

Dean
Old May 13th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

So why is your daughter deciding to emigrate?
How dare you question my ability as a father!
We as a family have made a decision to do what we think is right for us, as a family. if it does not work out then we will come back to the UK. Paramount for us is our daughters happiness. As a one year old child she is not able to make her own decisions. We have to make these. We strive to create a better life for her and would give our lives to think that she is happy. This is the biggest sacrifice we can give. Please think before you make such stupid and derisery comments!
Old May 13th 2003, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by parky43
Personally i thought the whole family were coping well. Moving to the other side of the world and having to settle the family as quick as possible is quite daunting. But fair play to them, they got off there backsides and so far have give it there best shot. As i'm going through the same LBTV process, i know the importance of visiting the country and getting your home work right. Because after 3 years, if you have not satisfied nzis your business as sucseeded, you will be on your way home to the UK. So this family still as a long way to before they become residents. I'm sure with some hard work they will be ok and fufill there goal.
Having been to NZ on 4 occasions, i cant think of a better place to raise a family.
Good luck to them.

Dean
Hi Dean what are you going to be doing in N.Z. are you also buying into a franchise?
we are hoping to go into retail
Old May 13th 2003, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

We as a family have made a decision to do what we think is right for us, as a family. if it does not work out then we will come back to the UK. Paramount for us is our daughters happiness. As a one year old child she is not able to make her own decisions. We have to make these. We strive to create a better life for her and would give our lives to think that she is happy. This is the biggest sacrifice we can give. Please think before you make such stupid and derisery comments!

You very aggressively questioned someone's abilities as a mother - you suggested she was "in it for herself. bollocks to everyone else" and you based this on watching one programme on your telly. You did not get the opportunity to ask her any questions, as I am doing to you, and you did not try to think the best of her, but the worst of her.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh?? Have you read what you just wrote about someone else?
Think you may have called her a bitch! You yourself have questioned someone's ability as a parent!
Old May 13th 2003, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

hear hear boy let her have it
good for u
Old May 13th 2003, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

You very aggressively questioned someone's abilities as a mother - you suggested she was "in it for herself. bollocks to everyone else" and you based this on watching one programme on your telly. You did not get the opportunity to ask her any questions, as I am doing to you, and you did not try to think the best of her, but the worst of her.
Which was there for everyone to see. Would you blatantly mouth off at your child For falling and fracturing his or her arm anyway, let alone on TV. If people think she is coping well then what is nor coping?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.