Tasmania??

Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:33 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Beth

What's happened about your buyer, did the man finally make his mind up?

We have got some more viewings booked, one tomorrow and one on Saturday. I am supposed to be touching up some paintwork, so I guess I ought to get on.

Sam
Haven't heard off him :curse: so presuming it's a no now
Can't see us selling soon TBH.......so looking at ALL our options at the mo,
Beth x x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Haven't heard off him :curse: so presuming it's a no now
Can't see us selling soon TBH.......so looking at ALL our options at the mo,
Beth x x

That's a bugger, he could at least let you know one way or the other:curse:

When do you have to leave by?

Sam
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:38 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bugger, he could at least let you know one way or the other:curse:

When do you have to leave by?

Sam
Have to validate by Oct........but have a job sorted so don't know how long that's ok for
In a no win situation right now
Beth x x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Have to validate by Oct........but have a job sorted so don't know how long that's ok for
In a no win situation right now
Beth x x
Is difficult to explain to family/friends just how stressful this is.
I keep getting asked, why have you not gone yet etc - small problem, we don't have a visa and we have not sold the house, doh!

Hope you get house buyer soon, where are they all?

Sam
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Is difficult to explain to family/friends just how stressful this is.
I keep getting asked, why have you not gone yet etc - small problem, we don't have a visa and we have not sold the house, doh!

Hope you get house buyer soon, where are they all?

Sam
Have you read the papers today??? Practically telling people to hold off on buying houses and to rent if possible:curse::curse:

I know i'm not selling at the mo but I hate scaremongering xxxx

x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
Have you read the papers today??? Practically telling people to hold off on buying houses and to rent if possible:curse::curse:

I know i'm not selling at the mo but I hate scaremongering xxxx

x
Haven't seen that

I think the media is very powerful, by telling people that the housing market is about to crash, therefore everyone is being very wary, no one is buying and before you know it - the housing market WILL crash!

Sam
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Haven't seen that

I think the media is very powerful, by telling people that the housing market is about to crash, therefore everyone is being very wary, no one is buying and before you know it - the housing market WILL crash!

Sam

Great - that's all we need! I'm in work at the moment - just having a
5 min break on the internet! Just been talking to one of our US Colleagues based in Maryland - and funnily enough we were talking about exactly the
same thing. She currently rents and was thinking of buying this year - but due to the US Dollar crash - she's now too scared to.... She said that one house in her area recently sold for just $85,000 - half of what it was up for as the owners had no choice but to accept that offer as they had to sell up. Apparently people are walking away from their homes in the US! She said that some mortgage companies are taking action to repossess as soon as people miss 2 mortgage payments! Crazy and scary!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

I didn't mean to be a doom merchant

Me and Jerad were just talking about it and what we would do if we couldn't sell in a year or so...........

Hopefully it will all pick up really soon and especially for you lot selling at the minute.................have I redeemed myself????

Bloody Football is on and Its in Welsh.....I know I live in Wales and I am Welsh but the 2 combined Forget it!!

Beth may speak Welsh...must ask her next time shes 'in here'!!!

Zoe xx
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hello Southern stars!

How are you guys settling in?
hello,
we are settling in great absolutely loving it here, kids have settled into school they love the wildlife the beaches, our rental house is fab. slightly shocked by the price of groceries and second hand cars but otherwise its great.
hope we never have to go back to uk, as we are doing the student visa route so pretty tough financially but at the moment its wonderful.
Thanks for asking kezza !!
julie
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hello,
we are settling in great absolutely loving it here, kids have settled into school they love the wildlife the beaches, our rental house is fab. slightly shocked by the price of groceries and second hand cars but otherwise its great.
hope we never have to go back to uk, as we are doing the student visa route so pretty tough financially but at the moment its wonderful.
julie
Thats great, I know what you mean about the price of groceries and cars.
When we first arrived we tried not to dip into our house sale money and live on Duncan's wages, boy it was tough. But now he has some regular money coming in we are finding things a lot easier. At least until our mortgage comes out next week!!! We have a few weeks overlap between our rental and our new house, so gonna find it really hard paying both :curse: Its amazing the things you can live without when you don't have the money to buy it. We still don't have a microwave oven Also been here 6 months and only just bought a barbie!!! Which got well and truly christened over easter
Kerry
X
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
We still don't have a microwave oven X
Hey Kerry - we dont have a microwave - haven't had one for the 6 years we've lived here - probably wont get one in Oz either! When we did have one we only used it for jacket potatoes and defrosting quick!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hello,
julie
Hi Julie - whereabouts are you living at the moment? I know it's in the North of the Island as you know Gary, Vikky & Bump!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
I didn't mean to be a doom merchant

Me and Jerad were just talking about it and what we would do if we couldn't sell in a year or so...........

Hopefully it will all pick up really soon and especially for you lot selling at the minute.................have I redeemed myself????

Bloody Football is on and Its in Welsh.....I know I live in Wales and I am Welsh but the 2 combined Forget it!!

Beth may speak Welsh...must ask her next time shes 'in here'!!!

Zoe xx

I must admit i dont do football either! I went to the cinema straight after work last night with a friend to see the Uma Thurman/Colin Firth film The Accidental Husband and when i got in Andy was watching the highlights of the England match... I went to bed!
We dont talk about football - because i end up annoying Andy - i once asked why only the goalies wore long sleeve tops - and what would happen is someone in the "audience" got hurt badly by being hit by a ball! Needless to say he was not impressed by my footie knowledge!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if those of you that needs to open Oz bank accounts know - but if you open one with Commonwealth Bank in London before the 25th April you get entered into a competition to win 2 one-way tickets to Australia or New Zealand with Quantas. The draw is to be done on the 30th April.
Just came across that attachment whilst printing off the bank account application forms i had Emailed to me by the London office...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:11 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by travelbug
Not sure if those of you that needs to open Oz bank accounts know - but if you open one with Commonwealth Bank in London before the 25th April you get entered into a competition to win 2 one-way tickets to Australia or New Zealand with Quantas. The draw is to be done on the 30th April.
Just came across that attachment whilst printing off the bank account application forms i had Emailed to me by the London office...
Thanks for that........will tell Andrew when he gets home
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.