Tasmania??

Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:42 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Gary, when you lodge your tax file number - is that one of the things you do as soon as you arrive? where do we have to do that?
Once you get over here and have an address click on this link https://iar.ato.gov.au/iarweb/defaul...id=1&outcome=1
And apply for you tax file number, You will need this once you have a job to avoid paying a higher rate of tax.
Also if you have a bank account earning interest to avoid a witholding tax.
It really easy to apply for and takes about3-4 weeks to arrive. Then you keep it for life.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:54 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gary
We won't have a lot to open the account with.......probably £5k
That's if we ever sell
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Once you get over here and have an address click on this link https://iar.ato.gov.au/iarweb/defaul...id=1&outcome=1
And apply for you tax file number, You will need this once you have a job to avoid paying a higher rate of tax.
Also if you have a bank account earning interest to avoid a witholding tax.
It really easy to apply for and takes about3-4 weeks to arrive. Then you keep it for life.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Thanks for that link...
I guess it'll be a couple of weeks after we arrive before we can do this though as we'll probably be in holiday accomodation before getting a rental somewhere...and it'll probably be after then that Andy would try and start work.. I'm hoping he'll get a couple of weeks at home in order to help us all settle and orientate ourselves with the new surroundings with the kids.
Cathy
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:56 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that link...
I guess it'll be a couple of weeks after we arrive before we can do this though as we'll probably be in holiday accomodation before getting a rental somewhere...and it'll probably be after then that Andy would try and start work.. I'm hoping he'll get a couple of weeks at home in order to help us all settle and orientate ourselves with the new surroundings with the kids.
Cathy
Somebody remind me why we're putting ourselves through all this!!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks Gary
That's if we ever sell
Beth x x
Hi Beth, the good news is that you dont need to pay any money into the account initially when it's opened. We wont pay anything in until we have sold our house - and even then it's going to be just enough for our 1st couple of months living expenses, money for a car etc... Our flights will probably be paid on credit card prior to leaving - and the rest of our money we will leave in our UK savings account with Abbey....until we are in a position to buy a property in Tas and need it..
Whatever you pay into the Commonwealth account over here in the UK you cant withdraw until you get to Oz and activate your account/collect your cards/cheque book etc etc....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Somebody remind me why we're putting ourselves through all this!!!!
Beth x x
Because Tasmania is beautiful and where we all live now isn't! Hows that for starters...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:00 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Hi Beth, the good news is that you dont need to pay any money into the account initially when it's opened. We wont pay anything in until we have sold our house - and even then it's going to be just enough for our 1st couple of months living expenses, money for a car etc... Our flights will probably be paid on credit card prior to leaving - and the rest of our money we will leave in our UK savings account with Abbey....until we are in a position to buy a property in Tas and need it..
Whatever you pay into the Commonwealth account over here in the UK you cant withdraw until you get to Oz and activate your account/collect your cards/cheque book etc etc....
I'll open it with a £1 then.....PMSL
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:01 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Thanks Gary
That's if we ever sell
Beth x x
HI Beth,
I feel it in my waters that you will sell!!!! Or is that the Boags???
Even with $5000 in your account that is working out at just under a $1 a day. And interest is paid monthly so that would cover your account keeping fees.
A lot of people in Australia do not realise what they are loosing out by not banking sensibly.
The amount of people who have moved over I have helped is amazing. I think it is because I understand both systems, The Oz way and UK setup.
Hope your house sells soon if not can all us on expats chip in buy the house then rent it, Expats Rentals!!!!!
Good luck
Gary Vikky and Bump

Last edited by GaryVFR8; Mar 27th 2008 at 12:04 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:02 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
HI Beth,
I feel it in my waters that you will sell!!!! Or is that the Boags???
Even with $5 in your account that is working out at just under a $1 a day. And interest is paid monthly so that would cover your account keeping fees.
A lot of people in Australia do not realise what they are loosing out by not banking sensibly.
The amount of people who have moved over I have helped is amazing. I think it is because I understand both systems, The Oz way and UK setup.
Hope your house sells soon if not can all us on expats chip in buy the house then rent it, Expats Rentals!!!!!
Good luck
Gary Vikky and Bump
LOL......wish I could do a raffle on my house.....£1 a strip.......but I would have to sell 160,000 to actually do the draw.....hee hee
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL......wish I could do a raffle on my house.....£1 a strip.......but I would have to sell 160,000 to actually do the draw.....hee hee
Beth x x
Now that would be funny! Maybe you should put it online! Other people have sold their virginity in a similar way!
Only drawback that would piss you off is the fact that if you got enough money you'd still have to pay that bloody estate agent their fee's - even though they've done nowt to earn them!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:11 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Now that would be funny! Maybe you should put it online! Other people have sold their virginity in a similar way!
Only drawback that would piss you off is the fact that if you got enough money you'd still have to pay that bloody estate agent their fee's - even though they've done nowt to earn them!
EA's..........GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :curse:
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all (or good evening)

Just had a return viewer for the house this morning but not heard anything back from the EAs yet.

Only 4 more days of March to go - last year I was doing a website design course, one of the other students was a medium/pyschic who told me that March was going to be THE month!
Don't normally believe any of that but something else happened on the course which made me think she did perhaps have "something"

So, only 4 days to go, and I'm hoping it may still happen, something, anything!

Sam
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T

Just had a return viewer for the house this morning but not heard anything back from the EAs yet.

Only 4 more days of March to go - last year I was doing a website design course, one of the other students was a medium/pyschic who told me that March was going to be THE month!
Don't normally believe any of that but something else happened on the course which made me think she did perhaps have "something"

Sam
Hi Sam. What kind of feeling did you get from the 2nd viewers? Fingerscrossed you'll get an offer either today or tomorrow? Going to send some positive vibes!
Any news on your visa's yet? Whats the backlog like at the moment?
I remember there was a huge one just after we got ours last year but i think they've caught up...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:22 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Sammy T

Sam
Hope they put an offer in hun if they do....take it and run fast....LOL
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hope they put an offer in hun if they do....take it and run fast....LOL
Beth x x

Yeah, so do I.
Although they came to see the house in January, hadn't sold their own, had to reduce their price, got an offer this weeks, much much less than the original price, so our EA reckons they are going to ask for up to 20% off our purchase price - we can't drop that much

So we'll see, any reasonable offer we get, we will grab with both hands, as I can't see the property market improving very soon.

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.