Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Ok.Apologies if this has already been covered.We are going back in June for a trip.I have an Irish passport and all of us will have Australian passports.I presume we can leave and enter on our Australian passports.The kids and oh are going to spain for a few weeks with the mother in law.Im not.We are all going to Uk,Ireland,Paris and Kl.Do we need visas to go to any of the above with Australian passports.Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Ok.Apologies if this has already been covered.We are going back in June for a trip.I have an Irish passport and all of us will have Australian passports.I presume we can leave and enter on our Australian passports.The kids and oh are going to spain for a few weeks with the mother in law.Im not.We are all going to Uk,Ireland,Paris and Kl.Do we need visas to go to any of the above with Australian passports.Thanks.
Once you're outside of Australia you don't need to travel on the Aus passport, so you can use yourt Irish one which might make things easier. Do the others have Irish passports?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Once you're outside of Australia you don't need to travel on the Aus passport, so you can use your Irish one which might make things easier. Do the others have Irish passports?
KL - Australian passport holders do not need a visa to enter Malaysia for a visit of up to three months provided their passports are valid for at least six months on arrival and they have a return air ticket or onward ticket to another international destination.

http://www.malaysia.org.au/travel1.html

Aussies don't need a visa for the UK, France or Ireland
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/fra...visa_1559.html
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Do_I_need_a_Visa

Looks like Spain issues one on arrival
http://www.spain.embassy.gov.au/madr...n.html#tourist
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
KL - Australian passport holders do not need a visa to enter Malaysia for a visit of up to three months provided their passports are valid for at least six months on arrival and they have a return air ticket or onward ticket to another international destination.

http://www.malaysia.org.au/travel1.html

Aussies don't need a visa for the UK, France or Ireland
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/fra...visa_1559.html
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Do_I_need_a_Visa

Looks like Spain issues one on arrival
http://www.spain.embassy.gov.au/madr...n.html#tourist
Thanks heaps.Only I have an Irish passport.Thanks so much.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

I've stupidly lost my British Passport after only 3 months in OZ,got a replacement underway through OSPOST after making 3 trips to Police for declaring it lost then having it signed on the verification section,then back again for missing signature.Anyway it should be straightforward from now(she hopes) but was wondering how I go about getting my visa sticker put in the new one.Other people have taken their old passports and done it that way but because I'm stupid and don't have a passport,would the visa grant letter suffice do you think ????
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Thanks heaps.Only I have an Irish passport.Thanks so much.
We now all have Australian passports.Took ten dats to send and receive.Btw I know some people have some bad service from Aus Post but as usual we had excellent service from ours.Thanks Polly and Bcworld for calming me.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:22 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by shirlw
I've stupidly lost my British Passport after only 3 months in OZ,got a replacement underway through OSPOST after making 3 trips to Police for declaring it lost then having it signed on the verification section,then back again for missing signature.Anyway it should be straightforward from now(she hopes) but was wondering how I go about getting my visa sticker put in the new one.Other people have taken their old passports and done it that way but because I'm stupid and don't have a passport,would the visa grant letter suffice do you think ????
I should think so - they'll be able to look up your details on the file with that; if you have anything in writing from the police to say the old one was stolen I'd take that along too.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Thanks for that,just waiting for it to arrive and I'll head off to Brissie and see waht they say.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

My sons renewed passport has just arrived.We used the PO system and it took about 3 weeks . Hooray.

We were heading to Tokyo for few days en route to London. We lived there for some years ,our son was born there and has a major Japanese interest.Ironically, his new passport states he was born in Japan and it was issued 11th March.The day of the devasting earthquake. We`ve been in daily contact with our many Japanese friends since11/3 all of whom are safe but living in difficult circumstances in Tokyo and south of Tokyo .However acting on DFAT and Britsih Embassy advice we`ve decide to cancel the trip. Great sadness and disapointment for all concerned. Major concerns and sadness for our Japanese friends.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Wilgar
My sons renewed passport has just arrived.We used the PO system and it took about 3 weeks . Hooray.

We were heading to Tokyo for few days en route to London. We lived there for some years ,our son was born there and has a major Japanese interest.Ironically, his new passport states he was born in Japan and it was issued 11th March.The day of the devasting earthquake. We`ve been in daily contact with our many Japanese friends since11/3 all of whom are safe but living in difficult circumstances in Tokyo and south of Tokyo .However acting on DFAT and Britsih Embassy advice we`ve decide to cancel the trip. Great sadness and disapointment for all concerned. Major concerns and sadness for our Japanese friends.
Oh how ironic, as you say. Glad your friends are safe at least. Must be hearttbreaking to see the current condition of the country when you know it so well.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Oz Hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant believe how expensive it is now. I think I paid about $120 in '05 when I lived in Canberra.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

luker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Just thought I would share this link to any of you who are about to renew their UK Passports in OZ.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

I've spoken with the Australia Post office today, and the service will commence on the 2/06/2009.

As far as I know for the Gold Coast, Pacific Fair and Surfers Paradise are the only Post office's offering this service at the moment.
my friends are having the same problems, thanks for the tips!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Just update, my sons UK passport took 10days from the Auspost sending to receiving back (We are in Australia).
I live rural WA and post can sometimes be slow. So impressed with the service.

The only hiccup we had was Auspost kept doing the photograph wrong, and son had to go back 3 times to get them to do it again!

So my tip check your photo if getting it done at Auspost. Problems with shadow and sizing.

Gems
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by luker
my friends are having the same problems, thanks for the tips!
What problems? Or are you just posting to spam the forum?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We had our forms rejected - my fault as I had printed them double sided and apparently if you print them out yourself it is meant to be single sided and the JP that signed our photos did them 'incorrectly'.

Good job we have spare photos and we discovered one of our pals is qualified to sign them so no doubt we will re-attempt the whole thing another day.

I wonder if an Aussie passport is just as much hassle to apply for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.