Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:36 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, that's why I put 'In theory' on my post... it certainly worked for me.

S
Fab I still havent renewed mine so i'll give it a go.. Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

TerriEllen will become famous soon enough

Might have to try this myself.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Quick question on the subject of passport renewal but in the UK, not OZ.

I'm currently in the UK and looking to renew my passport here as it only has 1 year left on it. I'll just do the one-day quick passport for £130.

My question is will I have issues getting back into Oz? I don't have any kind of visa stickers in my passport and i've never needed them despite going abroad often.

However i'm owrried if I show up with a new passport it wont be 'linked' to the visa. Is this an issue or is it just a case of bringing a print out of the original visa?

As far as i'm aware when I renew my passport the passport office keep the old one.....

Ta
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Quick question on the subject of passport renewal but in the UK, not OZ.

I'm currently in the UK and looking to renew my passport here as it only has 1 year left on it. I'll just do the one-day quick passport for £130.

My question is will I have issues getting back into Oz? I don't have any kind of visa stickers in my passport and i've never needed them despite going abroad often.

However i'm owrried if I show up with a new passport it wont be 'linked' to the visa. Is this an issue or is it just a case of bringing a print out of the original visa?

As far as i'm aware when I renew my passport the passport office keep the old one.....

Ta
You get your old passport back so can have that with you or just contact the Australian embassy to get your new passport number on file
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:06 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
Hi.

We are in Australia on a 457 and I have lost my passport. I know exactly when I last had it, and my husbands (which I also had at the same time) is back in our safe, but mine is not. I have searched the house from top to bottom twice, looking in every place that I can conceivably think of, but I can not find it. I can only assume that it has been picked up with some recycling or rubbish and thrown away by mistake.

I have read all the way through this thread and haven't been able to exactly find what I need to do, and just wondered if someone could verify what the process is.

I presume that I need to report it lost to the police and/or report it lost to the British Embassy so as to have it cancelled. Then I need to get some photos and have them countersigned by the appropriate person, fill in the application form, the lost or stolen form, and enclose a copy of a form of photo id and go in to AusPost who check the forms etc and send them off.

Is this right? At what point to I need to inform DIAC of the fact that my passport is lost? Do I just tell them once I have the new passport so that I can have my passport number linked to my visa? The only other photo ID I have is my British driving licence. Is this an acceptable form of ID, or would it be better to use a copy of my lost passport which has already been countersigned by a solicitor that we had made when we applied for the visa in the first place (and I usefully scanned in to our computer, just in case)?

I am so cross with myself for losing it, but I suppose it is one of those things! We have beed offered sponsorship for the ENS 856 by oh's employer, so I need to get things sorted out asap.

Many thanks!
This took ages to sort out because I had the wrong birth certificate and had to order one (I had the short version, I needed the long). Finally went to the PO to get the paperwork sorted on Wednesday. When I got home, I opened the glove box in my car, and guess what dropped out from behind the panel?!

No idea how it got there, I carry it when driving because I use a UK license (457), so I guess it somehow got shoved back behind the drop down thing for the glove box. Funny thing is, I keep baby wipes/kid stuff and things in there so it is in constant use, yet the very day I went to get a new one it dropped out! Phoned the PO, and luckily they hadn't sent it, so I went and picked up the forms and supporting docs yesterday. Phoned the consulate and because they hadn't received the LS01 form they hadn't cancelled it.

Now I just need to pursuade the consulate to refund the money, since they didn't actually ever have the forms!
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:33 am
Just Joined

TerriEllen will become famous soon enough

This took ages to sort out because I had the wrong birth certificate and had to order one (I had the short version, I needed the long). Finally went to the PO to get the paperwork sorted on Wednesday. When I got home, I opened the glove box in my car, and guess what dropped out from behind the panel?!

No idea how it got there, I carry it when driving because I use a UK license (457), so I guess it somehow got shoved back behind the drop down thing for the glove box. Funny thing is, I keep baby wipes/kid stuff and things in there so it is in constant use, yet the very day I went to get a new one it dropped out! Phoned the PO, and luckily they hadn't sent it, so I went and picked up the forms and supporting docs yesterday. Phoned the consulate and because they hadn't received the LS01 form they hadn't cancelled it.

Now I just need to pursuade the consulate to refund the money, since they didn't actually ever have the forms!
Glad you finally found your PP but what a drama. Ah well, at least you have your BC now. Hope you get your money back ... no reason why you shouldn't. All the best.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

I am planning on going to the UK next month but both my girls passports need renewed. Do they have to be sent back to the UK for renewal or is it done here in Australia? I really want to book flights ASAP....

Thanks, Lynn xx
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
I am planning on going to the UK next month but both my girls passports need renewed. Do they have to be sent back to the UK for renewal or is it done here in Australia? I really want to book flights ASAP....

Thanks, Lynn xx
They are done in NZ. See the first post of the thread for the link. Have to be applied for through Aus Post
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They are done in NZ. See the first post of the thread for the link. Have to be applied for through Aus Post
Just read online that sind 1 August 2011 they are actually sent to the UK so they comply with the new UK passports. Looks like we wont be able to travel in 4 weeks time

Lynn xx
Old Sep 7th 2011, 3:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just read online that sind 1 August 2011 they are actually sent to the UK so they comply with the new UK passports. Looks like we wont be able to travel in 4 weeks time

Lynn xx
Can you post the link to that, then I will close this thread and use the new link to start a new one as that info is new to the forum Last time I looked for someone (a couple of months back) they were still going to NZ from Aus Post

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 7th 2011 at 3:49 am.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can you post the link to that, then I will close this thread and use the new link to start a new one as that info is new to the forum Last time I looked for someone (a couple of months back) they were still going to NZ from Aus Post
According to http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...pply/australia, the application process is the same (i.e. through auspost, app gets sent to NZ) but the passport itself is printed in the UK.

Cheers

LG
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
According to http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...pply/australia, the application process is the same (i.e. through auspost, app gets sent to NZ) but the passport itself is printed in the UK.

Cheers

LG
OK, thanks for that I'll leave the thread as is then - I couldn't get the link to work earlier on my iThing so I couldn't check it out
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lonndongeek

Cheers

LG
thanks, this is what i meant and thanks for posting the link - i'm crap at doing things like that! Submitted the girls passports yesterday so fingers crossed they wont take too long.

Lynn xx
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:46 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

I went for my visa medicals a couple of weeks ago and also applied for my police checks (we are applying for an 856), all with my lost but found passport number on. Got a letter from the High Commission in wellington on Monday to say that my passport may not be valid after all .

Tried to phone the guy who sent the letter numerous times, but just get an automated response saying he isn't in the office. Have emailed a number of times. Eventually phoned the super-expensive $3.50 a minute phone number to try and find out whether my passport is valid or not, the chap couldn't tell me (and also couldn't understand why I had received the letter), but escalated my problem to the next level. Got a phone call yesterday from the High Commission from a lady who also couldn't understand why I had been sent the letter, but couldn't tell me whether my passport is valid or not. She promised that she would get the chap who sent the letter to phone me today, but since it is almost 3pm in Wellington, I am not holding my breath

All I need to know is whether my passport is valid or not. If it is, then great I can get my paperwork off to the migration agent. If it isn't then I'll deal with it and apply for a new one and find out how I sort out getting my paperwork changed.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can find out whether the passport is valid?
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Lynn xx
Soooooooooo, I sent applications off 8th September and Hey Presto! new passports arrived 20th Sept - less than 2 weeks I was impressed! Flights are booked, just on the countdown now.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.