Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Hi,

My 18 year old son needs to renew his passport.
Previous passport is a childs 5 year passport.
Now will need to renew to an adults passport.

Am I right in saying as he is sending his recently expired childs passport he only needs to send signed photos and the form.

He was born in UK and parents both from UK.

Forms a bit confusing,but when I checked on the UK website it gives the impression its just photos needed and the old passport

I dont think we need to send birth certificates?
Any input appreciated so we can get it sent off.

Gems
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent Passport question.

Sorry mods, not getting any response from passport forum and need an answer so he can go to Post Office at 1.30.

Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Hi,

Am I right in saying as he is sending his recently expired childs passport he only needs to send signed photos and the form.

Forms a bit confusing,but when I checked on the UK website it gives the impression its just photos needed and the old passport

Gems
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Passport question.

Originally Posted by Gems
Sorry mods, not getting any response from passport forum and need an answer so he can go to Post Office at 1.30.

Hi,

Gems
Gems,

You're right in your understanding, well at least, that's what we did for our sons renewal - but his wasn't for an adult version but can't see it would be any different?

Good luck!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the reply.

Gems
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Gems
Looks like its treated as a renewal of an adult one, as you have the old childs one, so it seems just the photos are needed.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Current timeline for UK passports via NZ - mine is back today, sent the stuff off on Feb 24th, so thats pretty quick.
All orginal docs returned with it (Had to send birth cert etc for a name change), came back Express Signed-for delivery.
Same photo in it as for my Aus one, both taken at the same time by Aus Post.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Mr PP and I have all the forms, I think but will need to check as I havent read them all yet, he nees to send off his UK Naturalization certificate, I havent even looked at what I need to send off for me.

Then to book an appointment at Freo Post Office to get photos and everything done.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:58 am
Just Joined

matt75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Gems
Ask at your nearest Main Post office, Australia post now have a system in place and now have a relationship with the British Passport agency. All you do is fill out a form and give the old passport to Australia post and they process the application for you. The new passport is then issued to in anything up to 6 weeks(sooner if you prove a valid reason for an urgent case). It cost me approx $300 when I did it last year and the new passport is issued by the British Passport agency based in New zealand. That i think is where they deal with all British passport applications in this part of the world. Its just as easy here now as it is in the UK, only a bit more expensive!!
Check out the following link for info:-

http://auspost.com.au/personal/unite...passports.html

Matt
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Go to your nearest DIAC office with both passports. A new visa label can be put in for free.
Just to confirm what Pollyanna said, it is free to put the stickers in. A friend asked me to ask if she could travel with the old passport with the stickers in along with her new one, I was told that you have to have new stickers put in the new one. It was so simple, I was only in there for 10 minutes!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:16 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Can you send your renewal back to the UK to have renewed? have them returned to a family member back in the UK who can send them back to us? Reason i'm asking as it seems sooooo much cheaper to do it that way than send to from here. $286 or £77 for adult renewal and $186 or £49 for childrens renewal. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:52 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Can we send our passports back to the UK for renewal instead of going thru Aus post? Caould we get them sent to a family member in the UK who can send them on to us? reason I am asking is we are in no rush to renew them (not planning on going anywhere soon) its $286 to renew an adults instead of £77 if renewed in the UK and £49 for childs instead of $186! Considering we have 1 adult and 3 childrens to renew its a hell of a lot cheaper if we can send them straight to the UK and pay the £'s... Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Go to your nearest DIAC office with both passports. A new visa label can be put in for free.
I was wondering that as well, so when we get ours back we just take them/send them to DIAC? I wonder if you have to make an appointment, just turn up or is it best to courier?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I was wondering that as well, so when we get ours back we just take them/send them to DIAC? I wonder if you have to make an appointment, just turn up or is it best to courier?
Got mine done in Brisbane, just turned up, took about 10 minutes
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:42 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Can you send your renewal back to the UK to have renewed? have them returned to a family member back in the UK who can send them back to us? Reason i'm asking as it seems sooooo much cheaper to do it that way than send to from here. $286 or £77 for adult renewal and $186 or £49 for childrens renewal. Thanks in advance
Lots of us talked about doing that but I'm not sure that anyone has. I was going to do mine when I went back this time but paying for fast processing meant it wouldn't have been much cheaper so I finally settled for here.
You would need to fill in the forms with a UK address - if you put an Aus one they'll tell you to do it here. Also someone else will have to get the forms and send them to you, when I last looked at their site it had all this stuff about how you can't print the forms off yourself, you can either get them from a Post Office, or get the Passport Office to send them to you (at a UK address).
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:53 am
Home and Happy

Threads merged so people don't have to keep answering twice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.