Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Real Australia

The Real Australia

Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Rosy what happened then it sounds a bit different from your post 4 Months ago!!

Rosy
''Hi folks,

New to this forum and new to Brissie - thought I`d log on and let you know how things progress for us all. Hope you don`t mind!

So far, its all been FANTASTIC. Been here 8 weeks, bought HUGE house, pool, HUGE AMOUNT OF LAND, the people are soo friendly, even in the supermarkets, they say "hows your day going?" Isn`t that lovely?

The weather is GREAT - so far, loving it all!!!''
Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You're not suggesting that Rosy went out there with rose-tinted specs are you......
Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Euphoric phases are common here, never mind they seem to self correct after a while in OZ, I am expecting to see a few more cases of this unusal phenominum quite soon.

Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:55 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Take it you have not emailed the Ed Dept then?

Me school London, My Kids school Brisbane, Sydney and Sunshine Coast.

Just email the ed dept before you make a total idiot out of yourself. And watch those glossy stories, have a nasty habit of fading when you get off the plane

Try living here at least you know whats going on
Stop patronising me!

and don't call me an idiot.........have I once called you a name?

Why would I want to e mail the ed dept? I beleive my girlfriend.

In fact......i've had it with this bullshit once and for all.

End of conversation.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
Stop patronising me!

and don't call me an idiot.........have I once called you a name?

Why would I want to e mail the ed dept? I beleive my girlfriend.

In fact......i've had it with this bullshit once and for all.

End of conversation.
Glossy phase, denial phase......... fact is schools are still not airconditioned. And everyone living here knows it
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:33 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty,

as far as I can tell you have lived in Brisbane for a shortish amount of time.... From the comments you make, it sounds like you had rose-tinted specs on because all I read is your distaste for a City I have lived in all my life. Even the comment "Paradise...did I take a wrong turn" screams of someone who is obviously unhappy in their surroundings.
I get the impression from reading your posts that you are a certain kind of 'forum troll' who bullies people and acts as though your opinion is the one and only.... well you are sadly mistaken.. I'm sure I have forgotten more stuff about Brisbane then you'll ever know.

Get over yourself...people come on here to read opinions and support each other for what is for many the biggest step of their lives. We don't need your nasty digs or your condescending remarks. Nobody likes a know-it-all especially one who isn't a native!

As for the glossing up.... I'm sure many people are guilty of glossing certain things up.. who cares?? Obviously once you have lived in a City for a certain length of time, you know what is true and what isn't.

As for phoning the education department re air conditioning... do you not have anything better to do. The FACT is I did go to a school with Air conditioning and I never said that all schools in Brisbane had it...in fact I'm sure I mentioned I only knew of a few. So as for it being CRAP...I think you know the real answer.
.........."Glossy phase, denial phase......... fact is schools are still not airconditioned. And everyone living here knows it "..........
who is everyone??????

If you want to take this further I suggest using the PM system as people here don't need to continuously read your bitterness. You do not own the site, but like everyone are entitled to your opinion and if you want to get nasty...I can do that too.

BRISGAL!

Last edited by Brisgal; Sep 30th 2003 at 10:35 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:39 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Brisgal
Dotty,

as far as I can tell you have lived in Brisbane for a shortish amount of time.... From the comments you make, it sounds like you had rose-tinted specs on because all I read is your distaste for a City I have lived in all my life. Even the comment "Paradise...did I take a wrong turn" screams of someone who is obviously unhappy in their surroundings.
I get the impression from reading your posts that you are a certain kind of 'forum troll' who bullies people and acts as though your opinion is the one and only.... well you are sadly mistaken.. I'm sure I have forgotten more stuff about Brisbane then you'll ever know.

Get over yourself...people come on here to read opinions and support each other for what is for many the biggest step of their lives. We don't need your nasty digs or your condescending remarks. Nobody likes a know-it-all especially one who isn't a native!

As for the glossing up.... I'm sure many people are guilty of glossing certain things up.. who cares?? Obviously once you have lived in a City for a certain length of time, you know what is true and what isn't.

As for phoning the education department re air conditioning... do you not have anything better to do. The FACT is I did go to a school with Air conditioning and I never said that all schools in Brisbane had it...in fact I'm sure I mentioned I only knew of a few. So as for it being CRAP...I think you know the real answer.
.........."Glossy phase, denial phase......... fact is schools are still not airconditioned. And everyone living here knows it "..........
who is everyone??????

If you want to take this further I suggest using the PM system as people here don't need to continuously read your bitterness. You do not own the site, but like everyone are entitled to your opinion and if you want to get nasty...I can do that too.

BRISGAL!
My wifes school in adelaide was airconditioned too..... as was her younger brothers in Spalding (few hrs north of adelaide).

http://www.treasury.nsw.gov.au/bp01-...bp3_06ed_n.pdf

Did you know that $10 million dollars was spent on air conditioning schools in NSW 01-02?

Last edited by PeteY; Sep 30th 2003 at 11:00 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty,

who is everyone??????

BRISGAL!
Brisgal the forum Anti Troll.

I would like like to see this discussion in the open. Dottys views may have a bitter edge to them but that is a result of real life experiences in Australia.

You may see her as a troll but I see her as an essential balancing mechanism that this forum needs.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:49 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty,

who is everyone??????

BRISGAL!
Come on you know your making it up about the aircon, you may as well admit it, Budrims answer to Miss Marples has rumbled your master-plan to con unsuspecting folks into migrating. You'll be telling us next it only rains at night and never gets hotter than 30c
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:53 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cresta57
Come on you know your making it up about the aircon, you may as well admit it, Budrims answer to Miss Marples has rumbled your master-plan to con unsuspecting folks into migrating. You'll be telling us next it only rains at night and never gets hotter than 30c
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bitter, or evil humour, some people ask for it
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:59 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Pete Y - thanks for the info.. I know it can get pretty darn hot in Adelaide too!! cheers for the link! WOW $10 million big ones!! that's a lot of air con!!!!! LOL
..."School Improvement Package"........
"...including $10 millionfor air conditioning in school and demountable classrooms...."

BondiPom - like I said everyone has the right to an opinion, just not the right to say people are wrong or lying... when that is definately not the case. Yes Anti-troll !

Cresta - ROFLMFAO!!!!!! Brilliant! Glossy folks!!

Mrs Dagboy - may I join you for a giggle? ROFLMAO!!!

have a nice day / evening !!!

Last edited by Brisgal; Sep 30th 2003 at 11:09 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:26 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Brisgal,
As you've only posted a few times I'm still not sure whether your part of the Australian governments new department[we know how they love burocracy] of Constantly Reiterating Australia's Positives or C.R.A.P for short. I've had my suspicions about this dept.for some time and further investigations reveal it's headed by a bloke called Paul, who's recently arrived from NZ and was previously a U.K citizen. He's been given carte blanch to recruit as many bull-shitters [sorry agents] as possible who are prepared to defend their newly adopted country to the hilt. Their aim is to promote the idea to prospective migrants that Australia is a lot better than wherever they live at the moment.
Luckily a gorilla war is being waged by an underground movement calling themselves the Defiantly Opposed to Persons Emigrating Soon, these folks are allegedly headed by a very thin former U.K resident with links to Canada. They are hell-bent on destroying any dreams harboured by prospective immigrants and through the use of adopting a condescending or patronising approach hope to dissuade any and all from trying it for themselves. Their manifesto is to shoot down any migrant who's happy with their new life as "deluded" and "still in holiday mode" anyone who's been there longer is obviously a member of the dept. Worst of all if you are still waiting then your viewing the process through the gov. issue rose tinted specs and are incapable of distinguishing reality from fantasy anything you have to say is worthless as you don't live there.
Of course anything said by either party will be glossed up for best effect and it could just be that both are telling their own version of the truth.
Hmmmmmmmmm I guess I'll do like most and make my own bloody mind up.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 1:16 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cresta57
Brisgal,
As you've only posted a few times I'm still not sure whether your part of the Australian governments new department[we know how they love burocracy] of Constantly Reiterating Australia's Positives or C.R.A.P for short. I've had my suspicions about this dept.for some time and further investigations reveal it's headed by a bloke called Paul, who's recently arrived from NZ and was previously a U.K citizen. He's been given carte blanch to recruit as many bull-shitters [sorry agents] as possible who are prepared to defend their newly adopted country to the hilt. Their aim is to promote the idea to prospective migrants that Australia is a lot better than wherever they live at the moment.
Luckily a gorilla war is being waged by an underground movement calling themselves the Defiantly Opposed to Persons Emigrating Soon, these folks are allegedly headed by a very thin former U.K resident with links to Canada. They are hell-bent on destroying any dreams harboured by prospective immigrants and through the use of adopting a condescending or patronising approach hope to dissuade any and all from trying it for themselves. Their manifesto is to shoot down any migrant who's happy with their new life as "deluded" and "still in holiday mode" anyone who's been there longer is obviously a member of the dept. Worst of all if you are still waiting then your viewing the process through the gov. issue rose tinted specs and are incapable of distinguishing reality from fantasy anything you have to say is worthless as you don't live there.
Of course anything said by either party will be glossed up for best effect and it could just be that both are telling their own version of the truth.
Hmmmmmmmmm I guess I'll do like most and make my own bloody mind up.
ROFL, never mind, I like being deluded .
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:12 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

People,People...please a call for peace and harmony.How did someone's views about life in Australia turn into a slanging match about air conditioning?
The greatest dilemma about being an expat is :
You really are a foreigner still and always will be.
The ozzies haven't found a sense of humour yet and they certainly don't understand yours.
There will always be a part of you thar misses home...Christmas morning, snow on the streets,friends, the pub etc.
It's all a matter of balance :you weigh the pro's against the cons.
Seems like most of you have partners, children or family here.I do not .Be grateful, remember the reasons you left and look at what you have now.
There is always a price to pay for ' living in paradise'. Can you afford the price....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.