British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quit smoking for Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quit-smoking-oz-326809/)

Bordy Oct 2nd 2005 7:58 am

Re: Quit smoking for Oz

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I have been a non-smoker for nearly 2 years now :)

And 1 more post for your 2000th Anne. ;)

kris maynard Oct 2nd 2005 8:05 am

Originally Posted by davykaz
Well almost a week and what a week it has been, well so far so good ,out for a meal with friends last nite and it went fine hes a non smoker of 2 yrsso no cravings. At a christening today and found a packet of fags in my suit jacket but I flung them in the bin :) well i dont need them being a non smoker :p

right going for more alcohol :beer:

Well done you!! :D
I think i will give it 6 months then may have to start a im not an alchoholic anymore thread!! :D :D

Kris xx

davykaz Oct 2nd 2005 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I have been a non-smoker for nearly 2 years now :)

well done Power to the ex smokers :D :D

davykaz Oct 2nd 2005 9:45 am

Well been siting here for the past hour and suddenly realised i have not even thoiught of a fag so i am pretty pleased with myself considering i am still drinking and have work tomorrow but who cares about that LOL So after all these yrs and trying to quit i have finnaly worked it out that it is all psycological. so if you are feeling generous and are impressed with my spelling after soooooooooooooo much alcohol i thank you now for some karma(lol)Well there i was siting at the christening having a pint and the young boy next to me lit up and i nearly puked at the smell and thought Fu%cK me that used to be me only a week ago, now I no why the wife used to moan at me

anyway Im going to shut up now and finnish my drink then go to bed.

good luck all with everything and keep us all posted on progress

Davy. :D ;) :beer: :zzz: HEHE

flapsterhp Oct 3rd 2005 3:47 am

STRESSED, STRESSED, crappy day haven't had a smoke day 6. need some desperate k. All donations gratefully received. Andy

davykaz Oct 3rd 2005 4:00 am

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
STRESSED, STRESSED, crappy day haven't had a smoke day 6. need some desperate k. All donations gratefully received. Andy

its on its way

kris maynard Oct 3rd 2005 5:09 am

Originally Posted by flapsterhp

Stop being a kama whore!! :D

Come on chill you are doing sooo well it does get easier!!!

k on its way!!

kris xx

flapsterhp Oct 3rd 2005 7:43 am

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Stop being a kama whore!! :D

Come on chill you are doing sooo well it does get easier!!!

k on its way!!

kris xx

Thank you ever sooo much. Don't know why but it has been so much harder today but I haven't cracked. Andy :D

viktorziggy Oct 3rd 2005 7:53 am

All this talk of smoking is no good, I'm cutting down to 5 a day from 20 but after reading all that i've had to go and light one up. Cheers for reminding me of the dreaded weed guys!!! Hadn't thought about having one till I saw this thread!! :(

davykaz Oct 3rd 2005 8:04 am

Originally Posted by viktorziggy
All this talk of smoking is no good, I'm cutting down to 5 a day from 20 but after reading all that i've had to go and light one up. Cheers for reminding me of the dreaded weed guys!!! Hadn't thought about having one till I saw this thread!! :(

Well come and join our happy gang of non smokers and be FREE of the dreaded weed.We will all help as much as we can right guys :D

flapsterhp Oct 3rd 2005 8:07 am

Originally Posted by davykaz
Well come and join our happy gang of non smokers and be FREE of the dreaded weed.We will all help as much as we can right guys :D

yea right on. Andy ;)

Welshie Oct 3rd 2005 10:26 am

Oh.....it's into week 5 and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over the whole smoking thing......don't think about it....have gone the total opposite...ACK...it's a disgusting habit...whatever possessed me to do such a thing is beyond me....

Had to stop myself earlier though when I found myself giving my eldest sister (47) a lecture about the ill effects of smoking....god, what a hypocrite.!!

Smoking sucks....

Rachel :)

sunflower7 Oct 4th 2005 2:03 am

:) Hi Everyone,
Looks like everyone is doing a fab job with not smoking. I'm still a proud non smoker :) despite not being around for a short time, I didn't give in to the weed. Went out again at the weekend, drank lots, thought about it, but didn't do it. I was soooo pleased the next day, My OLD habit could easily go from 7-20 per day on a night out. Mind you I did stink of everyone elses smoke, but at least I didn't have a tight chest.Reckon I might be joining you Kris in the alcoholics thread :beer:
Not even looked at a set of scales, but have started keep fit a couple times a week. I'm going with the notion of the more fit I feel, the less likely I will want a ciggie Boy did I ache the next day, my butt was killing me!! :D

Still trying to get the Allen Carr book again, I lent it out last time (big mistake)
never saw it again, so I use memory to keep me going psychologically. I'm expecting to hit rough ground soon. In previous attempts I seem to manage for the first 4-6 weeks, then cave in for some stupid reason. Oh well you what they say forewarned is forearmed, thats what I tell mysef anyway.

Well done davykaz for binning the fags!
Hey did 'karma whore' flapsterhp succombe to temptation?

kris maynard Oct 4th 2005 3:22 am

Originally Posted by sunflower7
:) Hi Everyone,
Looks like everyone is doing a fab job with not smoking. I'm still a proud non smoker :) despite not being around for a short time, I didn't give in to the weed. Went out again at the weekend, drank lots, thought about it, but didn't do it. I was soooo pleased the next day, My OLD habit could easily go from 7-20 per day on a night out. Mind you I did stink of everyone elses smoke, but at least I didn't have a tight chest.Reckon I might be joining you Kris in the alcoholics thread :beer:
Not even looked at a set of scales, but have started keep fit a couple times a week. I'm going with the notion of the more fit I feel, the less likely I will want a ciggie Boy did I ache the next day, my butt was killing me!! :D

Still trying to get the Allen Carr book again, I lent it out last time (big mistake)
never saw it again, so I use memory to keep me going psychologically. I'm expecting to hit rough ground soon. In previous attempts I seem to manage for the first 4-6 weeks, then cave in for some stupid reason. Oh well you what they say forewarned is forearmed, thats what I tell mysef anyway.

Hey did 'karma whore' flapsterhp succombe to temptation?

Hey
good to here from you i dont think the kama whore gave in we are all doing really well!!
Although i do think we will all end up alcoholics instead :D
Dont you dare cave in!!

Kris xx

flapsterhp Oct 4th 2005 4:13 am

Hey did 'karma whore' flapsterhp succombe to temptation?[/QUOTE]
No I didn't, day 7 today and felling groovy. Andy