British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quit smoking for Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quit-smoking-oz-326809/)

kris maynard Sep 30th 2005 6:11 am

Re: Quit smoking for Oz

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
well i have managed day 3, seem to struggle up to about midday then o.k. up to about tea time then the evenings seem to be so so. I have smoked for 24 years and like most of you have stopped before for a few weeks/months, but this time I am bloody well determined to stop, I really have had enough and with the help of you guys out there for moral support I do believe that I will crack it for good this time. Andy

well done Andy I found the evenings the hardest it just gets easier everyday!!
You will do it this time definatley you dont want to be a smoker in Oz!!

Kris xx

davykaz Sep 30th 2005 6:25 am

well i have managed day 3, seem to struggle up to about midday then o.k. up to about tea time then the evenings seem to be so so. I have smoked for 24 years and like most of you have stopped before for a few weeks/months, but this time I am bloody well determined to stop, I really have had enough and with the help of you guys out there for moral support I do believe that I will crack it for good this time. Andy

Well done mate Im on day 5 and i must admit it has been easier today. Your are right the support on this thread does give you that extra we boost now and then, especially when you hit a low point and think of everyone on here giving you the help you start thinking right I can do this.right im going to shut up now as i think im rabbiting in a bit

good luck. Davy

flapsterhp Sep 30th 2005 6:35 am

Originally Posted by davykaz
Well done mate Im on day 5 and i must admit it has been easier today. Your are right the support on this thread does give you that extra we boost now and then, especially when you hit a low point and think of everyone on here giving you the help you start thinking right I can do this.right im going to shut up now as i think im rabbiting in a bit

good luck. Davy

Just been in the kitchen going through the cuboards like a tornado munching on anything I can find, anything to keep me of the rollies. Andy

flapsterhp Oct 1st 2005 8:26 am

Well it's getting near the end of day 4 and I have to say I haven't been feeling too bad today, still very determined and very positive. I don't know if it is psychological but I do seem to feel a bit better in myself already. I definatley find it easier getting up in the mornings, still early days yet though. Andy

davykaz Oct 1st 2005 8:31 am

well been out for a meal with friends tonight.He is a non smoker for 2 yrs but i am really struggling hear at the moment. dont know if its one of those moments or I im going to kill for a fag but I DONT REALLY WANT ONE it is just really hard (tOOOOOOOOOOOO much beer ) give me some KARMA

flapsterhp Oct 1st 2005 8:37 am

well been out for a meal with friends tonight.He is a non smoker for 2 yrs but i am really struggling hear at the moment. dont know if its one of those moments or I im going to kill for a fag but I DONT REALLY WANT ONE it is just really hard (tOOOOOOOOOOOO much beer ) give me some KARMA

could do with some myself, sent some anyway. Andy

davykaz Oct 1st 2005 8:57 am

FU $#$#$#@CK ui could go a fag

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

davykaz Oct 1st 2005 9:23 am

this is a f$ckin nightmare I could could kill for a fag or am i just drunk
my money is on the latter

GOOD luck all the non smoklers

WEE WILL RULE

GIVE ME KARMA

kris maynard Oct 2nd 2005 2:20 am

this is a f$ckin nightmare I could could kill for a fag or am i just drunk
my money is on the latter

GOOD luck all the non smoklers

WEE WILL RULE

GIVE ME KARMA

Hope you made it must of been the alcohol i had an evening like that last weekend!!
kama on its way if you didnt give in!!

kris xx

flapsterhp Oct 2nd 2005 5:09 am

Alright Kris how's it going? I am on day 5 now and have to say that the cravings are getting fewer. Still very positive and determined. Andy

kris maynard Oct 2nd 2005 5:49 am

Alright Kris how's it going? I am on day 5 now and have to say that the cravings are getting fewer. Still very positive and determined. Andy

Hi 2 weeks tomorrow Wehey does get easier but still have the urge to smoke !
Definatley wont though am determined this time is it I am A non smoker!!
Its not the cravings anymore just the thought at certain times i should be having a fag!!
Also made the mistake of weighing myself and have put on 3/4 of a stone :scared: :scared: so now have to watch what im eating too :eek:

Never mind at least i dont stink!!

Kris xx

davykaz Oct 2nd 2005 7:39 am

Well almost a week and what a week it has been, well so far so good ,out for a meal with friends last nite and it went fine hes a non smoker of 2 yrsso no cravings. At a christening today and found a packet of fags in my suit jacket but I flung them in the bin :) well i dont need them being a non smoker :p

right going for more alcohol :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Anne4Terry Oct 2nd 2005 7:42 am

I love the way you guys are stating "I'm a non-smoker". Very well done :)

davykaz Oct 2nd 2005 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I love the way you guys are stating "I'm a non-smoker". Very well done :)

THANK YOU (but really we are)

Anne4Terry Oct 2nd 2005 7:52 am

THANK YOU (but really we are)

I have been a non-smoker for nearly 2 years now :)