British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quit smoking for Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quit-smoking-oz-326809/)

kris maynard Sep 25th 2005 6:42 pm

Re: Quit smoking for Oz

Originally Posted by Welshie
whoo hoo well done Kris!! you even went out too?? wow! You're brave...I haven't done that yet...I'm coming up three weeks...yay..... :D and have come to the conclusion that smoking for the past 16 years was really so pointless. I really hope my lungs recover.....!

Rachel :)

Hi Rachel
Well done you keep it up! :D
No didnt go out just drank far too much in doors!!

Day 7 today
Really seems to be getting easier as in dont think about smoking half as much as this time last week!!
Even when i wake up in the morning my first thought isnt I dont smoke how am i gonna get by today!!
I still find the evenings the hardest although again they are getting easier!!

How are you finding it 3 weeks in!!

take Care
keep it up

Kris xx

Welshie Sep 26th 2005 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Rachel
Well done you keep it up! :D
No didnt go out just drank far too much in doors!!

Day 7 today
Really seems to be getting easier as in dont think about smoking half as much as this time last week!!
Even when i wake up in the morning my first thought isnt I dont smoke how am i gonna get by today!!
I still find the evenings the hardest although again they are getting easier!!

How are you finding it 3 weeks in!!

take Care
keep it up

Kris xx

Getting better huni.....Almost feel like a non-smoker!! Only thought about it once today and that's because I could smell someone smoking in their car about 6 cars ahead of me at the traffic lights!! :D Didn't realise it could waft out their window and still stink by the time it got to me....

Have to go out Friday night....Arrrrrrrrrrrr....

Ask me again Saturday!!! :)

sunflower7 Sep 26th 2005 8:06 pm

Good on you guys, well done! It can only get easier :)
I also noticed other peoples smoke wafting in from another car. Last week I enjoyed it so much I felt like the bisto kid mmmm. 2 weeks tomorrow as a non smoker and it feels great. I'm not squinting my eyes, mouth tastes great and I smell beautiful, well apart from when I'm cooking fish :D

kris maynard Sep 26th 2005 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Welshie
Getting better huni.....Almost feel like a non-smoker!! Only thought about it once today and that's because I could smell someone smoking in their car about 6 cars ahead of me at the traffic lights!! :D Didn't realise it could waft out their window and still stink by the time it got to me....

Have to go out Friday night....Arrrrrrrrrrrr....

Ask me again Saturday!!! :)

Go out Friday and celebrate being a non smoker you will be fine just look at the smokers and feel sorry for them as i can bet ya life they would much rather be non smokers!!
You will be amazed how you can smell fags a mile off when you are an ex smoker i gave up every time i was pregnant (3 times) that sounded like i have 200 kids :scared: Rob still smoked he would come home from work shower clean his teeth mouthwash the lot and i could still smell it YUK!!

You are a non smoker now!!

keep it up do not disapoint yourself you know you can do it you wont have a better time just coz you have a vile fag!!

Take care

kris xx

kris maynard Sep 26th 2005 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Good on you guys, well done! It can only get easier :)
I also noticed other peoples smoke wafting in from another car. Last week I enjoyed it so much I felt like the bisto kid mmmm. 2 weeks tomorrow as a non smoker and it feels great. I'm not squinting my eyes, mouth tastes great and I smell beautiful, well apart from when I'm cooking fish :D

Well done you!
I feel so much cleaner sounds mad I know but i know how bad smokers stink!
You know what else puts me off on that programme 10 years younger 1 lady had all the wrinkles round her mouth (they do have a name cant think what it is though) and they just look SOOOO ugly all caused by smoking!!
YAY we are all bloody great!!

Kris xx

sunflower7 Sep 26th 2005 8:45 pm

Yes, who needs a face lift/make over eh!!! we can advertise for the toothpaste ads, and keep in the scent of shampoo, - 'because we're worth it' ;)

davykaz Sep 26th 2005 9:32 pm

Hi All Non-smokers

well almost end of day 1. So far it has been very hard,I was at work today and my apprentices have had a hell of a day, they all offered to buy me fags but I fought the temptation (JUST).Have had a wee drink to celebrate but it might have been a bad idea as I could go a wee puff right now that and the dogs are not talking to me as they have hardly been out tonight compared to what there used to(lol) . Anyway going to get my documents certified(for TRA) tomorrow so just have to keep thinking that it is all going to be worthwhile in the end .

so well done all so far and Ill keep u updated

Davy

sunflower7 Sep 26th 2005 10:07 pm

Hi Davykaz

Stick with it, each day you go without is a success. Never mind the dog, pat yourself on the back instead, and just think how much more breath you will have for all those walks. Your dog will love you for it :D
Mates that smoke sometimes want to keep you in their smoking gang, the best ones to listen to are those that encourage you to stay stopped.

Good luck, it will get easier...

davykaz Sep 26th 2005 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Davykaz

Stick with it, each day you go without is a success. Never mind the dog, pat yourself on the back instead, and just think how much more breath you will have for all those walks. Your dog will love you for it :D
Mates that smoke sometimes want to keep you in their smoking gang, the best ones to listen to are those that encourage you to stay stopped.

Good luck, it will get easier...

BIg thanks sunflower :D
i think that this post could be the difference betwen failing and staying a NON SMOKER

As long as you dont buy them you cant smoke them ;)

kris maynard Sep 27th 2005 1:31 pm

[QUOTE=davykaz]Hi All Non-smokers

well almost end of day 1. So far it has been very hard,I was at work today and my apprentices have had a hell of a day, they all offered to buy me fags but I fought the temptation (JUST).Have had a wee drink to celebrate but it might have been a bad idea as I could go a wee puff right now that and the dogs are not talking to me as they have hardly been out tonight compared to what there used to(lol) . Anyway going to get my documents certified(for TRA) tomorrow so just have to keep thinking that it is all going to be worthwhile in the end .

so well done all so far and Ill keep u updated

Hi Davy

Welcome to the non smoking club :D
Well done the first day is the hardest it just gets easier honestly i anm now on day 8 and hardly think about smoking at all!

Keep it up let us know how you get on!!

kris xx

stevenpoole9 Sep 27th 2005 8:13 pm

Ignore everone who wants you to start smoking again, they're just miffed 'cause you've stopped and they haven't. They think that if you start again they won't feel so bad about not being able to quit.You could always turn it around and try to perseude one of the smokers to quit, they ALL want to you know.

sunflower7 Sep 27th 2005 8:33 pm

yes, very true, although not everyone likes to admit it. :D

kris maynard Sep 29th 2005 9:01 am

Hi non smokers hows it going!!

Im on day 11 now and it just seems to be getting easier went to the dentist yesterday my teeth are now stain free another incentive not to go back to it!!
Hope you are all keeping it up

Kris xx

davykaz Sep 29th 2005 4:42 pm

hi non smokers hope everyone is coping ok

well Ive made it to day 4 (just) found it hard last nite, nearly murdered anyone who even looked at me (lol)that and probably watchin the football didnt help but managed to survive. Today has been a bit easier though so hopefully it will get easier as the days go by .. The biggest test will be on sunday as im going to a friends christening and we all know how much drink flys at them (lol)

anyway keep up the good work

flapsterhp Sep 29th 2005 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by davykaz
hi non smokers hope everyone is coping ok

well Ive made it to day 4 (just) found it hard last nite, nearly murdered anyone who even looked at me (lol)that and probably watchin the football didnt help but managed to survive. Today has been a bit easier though so hopefully it will get easier as the days go by .. The biggest test will be on sunday as im going to a friends christening and we all know how much drink flys at them (lol)

anyway keep up the good work

I am on day 2 and have to admit i am finding it bloody hard, but i am determined to stop. Andy