Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

onemanclapping is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by scottie
WoW!!!!! That doesn't give u much x when u get there. Have they helped u sort out accomodation n stuff?
Well I'm lucky 'cos my fiance is already over there so I've already got a house & car etc. All I've got to do is turn up with my suitcase & golf clubs
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Excellent O.M.C. congratulations. Mine was Form 47ES which ever that is under Labour Agreement with ASNSW. Nice to be going out there with someone, I'm doing it on my own. Congrats again.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

nice one going out on my own if i get job of course. but not meeting anyone out there so going it alone. any way early days yet had my email saying my quals are approved to p3 level does anyone know what happens next ?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Am here!!!!! Beautiful sunny coast! On Oct induction :-))))))
scottie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi A,
Police checks and a few wee other bits then wait 4 date 4 interview. Do u know when they over next? There isn't really any point getting medicals, etc until u get offered a job. Afraid it just a waiting game until interviews. Fact that u got EOQ is good so would imagine u defo get interview. Honestly just your Donald Duck how long the process takes. I'm on just over a year since I started process but some people have been quicker and others slower.
Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks scottie just had another email from qas telling me that my performance and integrity have been forwarded to director to see if i can by pass psychometric assessment, Health Related Fitness Test and Work Related Functional Test. fingers crossed they seem to be emailing with up dates everyday going to email about poss interview dates
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

[QUOTE=katie999;6563324]keep your chin up guys. i promise if i win the lottery ill buy all your houses!

i still say we all move in with sals though and at worst, we can be neighbours with our long row of tents on the beach! [/QUOTE

Yep you can all live at mine if you want. I have just resigned my lease for another year and have a big grassy area that's very under utilised. I reckon I could fit at least 15 to 20 tents on there if you don't mind being cosy what do you reckon $100 per week per tent lol.

Hey Katie don't hold your breath with the hunky aussie men unless you want to live in Mt ISa where there are 2 men to every woman but they all have lead and heavy metal poisoning too lol
All the hunky ones are married guess who's not having much luck on the dating front? every one told me they'd be throwing themselves at me 'cos of my northern accent but they lied lol
Well you have to keep kissing frogs don't you!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=sals;6580244]
Originally Posted by katie999
keep your chin up guys. i promise if i win the lottery ill buy all your houses!

i still say we all move in with sals though and at worst, we can be neighbours with our long row of tents on the beach! [/QUOTE

Yep you can all live at mine if you want. I have just resigned my lease for another year and have a big grassy area that's very under utilised. I reckon I could fit at least 15 to 20 tents on there if you don't mind being cosy what do you reckon $100 per week per tent lol.

Hey Katie don't hold your breath with the hunky aussie men unless you want to live in Mt ISa where there are 2 men to every woman but they all have lead and heavy metal poisoning too lol
All the hunky ones are married guess who's not having much luck on the dating front? every one told me they'd be throwing themselves at me 'cos of my northern accent but they lied lol
Well you have to keep kissing frogs don't you!
Gribbit (he say's in a frog like croaky voice lol)

John
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can live with lead and heavy metal poisoning. beggars cant be choosers! lol

and id say $100 a week is more than reasonable, and it would work out less with the salary sacrificing scheme! do you throw in kangaroo steaks for the barbie too? ill supply the fosters!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

and id say $100 a week is more than reasonable, and it would work out less with the salary sacrificing scheme! do you throw in kangaroo steaks for the barbie too? ill supply the fosters!
Slightly off topic, but for those of you who like to keep up with the happenings at Emergency Services so you have an idea what you are in for.......

the latest links -
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...6-3102,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...2-3102,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...7-3102,00.html
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Just thought I'd jump in after seeing the Mt Isa thread.

Once settled here one thing you can try is working 'out west'. From time to time you'll receive emails asking for people who may be interested in working 'out west/remote/bush', anything from a few weeks, to months or a year or two at a time you can sample the above, now it may not be everyones 'cup of tea', but you don't know 'til you try, it's something totally unique and something you'd never have been able to do in the UK, and if you don't like it and don't intend on doing it ever again at least you can say you've worked 'out west'.

You can be in communities numbering from a few hundreds to a few thousand. Usually, your working week starts on Thursday at midday when you're on duty until 10pm, you are then 'on call' from then until midday the next day and so on.
Your last day will be the following Thursday when you'll work an 8am to 6pm, you do this as this when the next guy/girl starts and you're then off for 6 clear days (if needed you fly up on the 1st Thursday and back on the last Thursday).
You work on your own in that time, if needed you can call on any number of 'emergency drivers', these volunteers turn out to drive your ambulance to hospital why you continue patient care!
Other than that you treat and transport yourself!
You'll come into regular contact with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS), when you'll be loading/off loading Pt's to/from remote areas to more specialized hospitals.
You'll get used to working without Mobile Data Terminals (MDT's), without pagers and even sometimes without radio contact. You'll receive incidents by Telstra 3G mobile phones/texts and when you get out to cattle stations or incidents that are even more remote you'll have to use your satellite phone'!!!

From my very limited time of doing this you get a feeling of being really valued by the community your in, you'll work hand in hand with the only 2 RN's at the hospital as they are not only the ED staff but also running a ward too, you'll meet the only Dr who is always on call.

I hope this has given you an idea of something that is a little bit different!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Am here!!!!! Beautiful sunny coast! On Oct induction :-))))))
scottie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Keebs,
That sounds pretty amazing. Take it u need ur ICP qualification for that?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scottie
Hey Keebs,
That sounds pretty amazing. Take it u need ur ICP qualification for that?
No, just as long as you're qualified, so a Bravo (ACP) or an Alpha (ICP) can submit an expression of interest.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

I've never bought Roo steaks but may mangage that for you especially if you buy the beer lol

Originally Posted by Keebs

Just thought I'd jump in after seeing the Mt Isa thread.

Once settled here one thing you can try is working 'out west'. From time to time you'll receive emails asking for people who may be interested in working 'out west/remote/bush', anything from a few weeks, to months or a year or two at a time you can sample the above, now it may not be everyones 'cup of tea', but you don't know 'til you try, it's something totally unique and something you'd never have been able to do in the UK, and if you don't like it and don't intend on doing it ever again at least you can say you've worked 'out west'.

You can be in communities numbering from a few hundreds to a few thousand. Usually, your working week starts on Thursday at midday when you're on duty until 10pm, you are then 'on call' from then until midday the next day and so on.
Your last day will be the following Thursday when you'll work an 8am to 6pm, you do this as this when the next guy/girl starts and you're then off for 6 clear days (if needed you fly up on the 1st Thursday and back on the last Thursday).
You work on your own in that time, if needed you can call on any number of 'emergency drivers', these volunteers turn out to drive your ambulance to hospital why you continue patient care!
Other than that you treat and transport yourself!
You'll come into regular contact with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS), when you'll be loading/off loading Pt's to/from remote areas to more specialized hospitals.
You'll get used to working without Mobile Data Terminals (MDT's), without pagers and even sometimes without radio contact. You'll receive incidents by Telstra 3G mobile phones/texts and when you get out to cattle stations or incidents that are even more remote you'll have to use your satellite phone'!!!

From my very limited time of doing this you get a feeling of being really valued by the community your in, you'll work hand in hand with the only 2 RN's at the hospital as they are not only the ED staff but also running a ward too, you'll meet the only Dr who is always on call.

I hope this has given you an idea of something that is a little bit different!

And also it's good money, this is the way people make that 100k a year QAS where going on about. Sounds if it sound mercenary but you might as well know they pay quite well if you fancy it
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone recommend the cheapest and best means of child care to cover nightshifts/weekends etc?
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:38 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

(off topic I know)

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K...

Crown coming tomorrow to ship our stuff - what's the medical term for 'head up arse'??

Last edited by sla453; Jul 20th 2008 at 1:41 pm. Reason: Poor Spellnig!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.