Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Location: Am here!!!!! Beautiful sunny coast! On Oct induction :-))))))
scottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi All
just received my email confirming my visa approval Cant believe it went thru so fast, 4 weeks. I was pre warned it may take months due to my ex not allowing my kids to go for medicals, even thou they aren't coming with me (yet). I have asked for the 27th October, can't wait to see you all.

John
God, this is gonna be SOME party!!!! Do we actually have 2 work when we get there or can we just barbie and play on the beach Well done
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
well done john will there be any body else doing the Feb course or am I billy no mates
I hope to be on the Feb `09 induction too, as long as my house sells anyway!
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road

Tyne - I have sent you a pm
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by tyne
I hope to be on the Feb `09 induction too, as long as my house sells anyway!
At least there will be 2 of us then

Have you had your visa approved yet
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
At least there will be 2 of us then

Have you had your visa approved yet
Not yet mate. Sent it to QAS 4 weeks ago. Last week they emailed to say they needed some extra paperwork before they could submit the application. I have sent away what they asked for, so still waiting.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I know you lot are trained already, but just wondering if anyone knows whether there's an age limit if I wanted to train as a paramedic over there. Also can you find out if they need paramedics in the area you want to settle before undertaking training and then finding there's no job within 100km. I've visited the website but couldn't find the answers to those questions.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

mrsmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

You could drop them an email and ask those exact Q's. They do recruit for an area (Q1 - Q6). You do move around stations every six months as a student (this is within your area).
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks. I'll have another look and e-mail them.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:24 am
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya can anyone already working at qas please confirm the salary per 2 weeks i have heard some alarming figures such as $1300 a fortnight eg £1300 english a month cant live on that
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanallin
hiya can anyone already working at qas please confirm the salary per 2 weeks i have heard some alarming figures such as $1300 a fortnight eg £1300 english a month cant live on that
Plenty of people here do though.

Some figures in this post -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=1311

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 7th 2008 at 3:36 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:58 am
Just Joined

thanks you say plenty do so is that the salary without penalties? and what would they bring it up to ?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks you say plenty do so is that the salary without penalties? and what would they bring it up to ?
That I can't tell you as I work in a different bit of DES, you'll need a working paramedic to help there.
However a very large number of people do take home less than 1300 a fortnight and survive - I know, I'm one of them.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 7th 2008 at 6:20 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

can anyone tell me if an advanced criminal record bureau check that i have just had done would it be any good as my criminal record check that qas require from this end the one that takes approx 40 days ? seems a bit silly doing the same thing again as crb check shows all criminal activity or not as the case maybe
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

can anyone tell me if an advanced criminal record bureau check that i have just had done would it be any good as my criminal record check that qas require from this end the one that takes approx 40 days ? seems a bit silly doing the same thing again as crb check shows all criminal activity or not as the case maybe
Not sure if what you're looking is for initial recruitment (I'm looking into ASNSW)? However I know that for any visa requirements you'll need the Association of Chief Police Officers certificate.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

this is not the visa police check just the initial check that qas have asked for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.