Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by UKQAS
Name and shame these bullies.

There is a bullying, fanatical and unsympathetic centre to QAS management at the moment. This is a Queensland thing (see Rudds attitude to the public staff in Canberra and their grievances) and a hangover from the late-not so great Higgins and the team of jackals he surrounded himself with.

In many local areas managers are not so bad, though there is a little bit of anti-pom feeling from some union and management. In reality this is no worse than you would experience changing counties in the UK.

Staff are treated as expendible here but if you don't worry about things out of your control too much it wont matter to you.

If they treated the staff better by way of pay and conditions I firmly believe that they wouldn't be a failing service. If they used encouragement, improved pay and conditions and and fostered a team spirit instead of the "big stick" things here would run much better.

Apart from that it's a good move so don't worry!!

I must admit to being very pleased that I don't work for QAS. EMQ has its faults, but is a more "human" division with rather more of the team spirit about it.

(but I can't " name and shame" afraid - could be a career limiting move! Suffice to say that he only looked a little sheepish when I opened my mouth, revealing that I was one of the "whinging poms" he was talking about)

Incidentally the poms are infilrating EMQ to a large degree at present too - I posted the link last week for the new 24/7 Watch Officer team - 2 of the 6 of us are British, with a British supervisor, and a British Director!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 22nd 2008 at 11:34 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:10 am
Just Joined

UKQAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I must admit to being very pleased that I don't work for QAS. EMQ has its faults, but is a more "human" division with rather more of the team spirit about it.

(but I can't " name and shame" afraid - could be a career limiting move! Suffice to say that he only looked a little sheepish when I opened my mouth, revealing that I was one of the "whinging poms" he was talking about)

Incidentally the poms are infilrating EMQ to a large degree at present too - I posted the link last week for the new 24/7 Watch Officer team - 2 of the 6 of us are British, with a British supervisor, and a British Director!!!!
Good, a little more maturity in EMQ wouldn't go amiss.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKQAS
Good, a little more maturity in EMQ wouldn't go amiss.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sla453
(off topic I know)

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K...

Crown coming tomorrow to ship our stuff - what's the medical term for 'head up arse'??
As above lol. Hope it went well mate
I shipped with Crown it only took 4 weeks for my container to arrive in Brisbane.Took another 3 weeks to clear customs!!! but I was lucky as QAS put me up in furnished accommodation for 12 weeks I moved into my rental when furniture arrived.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by katie999
for anyone whos already been on the induction, do the QAS put you up mon to fri for the 3 weeks and you have to get your own accomodation at the weekends, or is it the entire 3 weeks you are sorted for?
Hey Katie,
They put you up for the whole 3 weeks if you live 45km, I think it is, away from Kedron. They'll put your family up too but I think they charge for this. You get 3 meals a day, not a high standard if your at the place we stayed and I can't for the life of me think what it's called now but it's somewhere further back in this thread, but you can live on it. They also provided us with 2 minibuses to get out and about and we could use them over the weekends.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Location: Am here!!!!! Beautiful sunny coast! On Oct induction :-))))))
scottie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds just like the scottish ambo service training college so us Jocks will be right at home Is the induction course quite heavy going? Should we be spending all this time we are waiting 4 our visas :curse: with our head in the books?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottie
Sounds just like the scottish ambo service training college so us Jocks will be right at home Is the induction course quite heavy going? Should we be spending all this time we are waiting 4 our visas :curse: with our head in the books?
Let's just hope it's better than 'Castle Greyskull' lol.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know if you are entitled to help with childcare costs when on an employer sponsored PR visa?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

New to this website but find it very interesting. My OH is in the middle of QAS application process (just waiting for the interview which she was told at the start of June would be July or August but no news yet). Having read previous posts on this thread we are not holding our breathe for any date soon.

Would like to know though from the experienced applicants out there how long is it from taking your interview to a job offer, and then when do they expect you to take up the post (in 6mnths, a yr or whenever you get everything sorted)

Another question what sort of questions do they ask in the interview.

thanks
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

i started my application 4 weeks ago and qas have kept me totally up to date with every step have recieved an email today.

The QAS Medical Director has reviewed your Performance and Integrity Validation Form and approved your exemption from the Health Related Fitness Assessment, the Work Related Functional Assessment and the Psychometric Assessments.

The QAS currently conduct an in person interview as a fundamental step in the recruitment process. Due to distance the QAS send a panel to the United Kingdom periodically to conduct interviews, you will be notified when the dates of the next round of interviews are confirmed (tentatively scheduled for July/August 2008).

if you search the posts on here interview questions are avaliable i have read about pharma for gtn and aspirin also you views on a collegue being sexually harrased what would your actions be etc. but i believe you are given qs 10 mins before interview and you can fill in the blanks and take paper in with you .
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanallin
i started my application 4 weeks ago and qas have kept me totally up to date with every step have recieved an email today.

The QAS Medical Director has reviewed your Performance and Integrity Validation Form and approved your exemption from the Health Related Fitness Assessment, the Work Related Functional Assessment and the Psychometric Assessments.

The QAS currently conduct an in person interview as a fundamental step in the recruitment process. Due to distance the QAS send a panel to the United Kingdom periodically to conduct interviews, you will be notified when the dates of the next round of interviews are confirmed (tentatively scheduled for July/August 2008).

if you search the posts on here interview questions are avaliable i have read about pharma for gtn and aspirin also you views on a collegue being sexually harrased what would your actions be etc. but i believe you are given qs 10 mins before interview and you can fill in the blanks and take paper in with you .
Hi Guys,

Don't rely on question before interview as when I had mine in November, as soon as I arrived I was rushed in for interview and didn't get a chance to even sit down, which didn't do the nerves any good whatsoever if any of the others did it i'm not sure, but i wish they had done it.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
Hi Guys,

Don't rely on question before interview as when I had mine in November, as soon as I arrived I was rushed in for interview and didn't get a chance to even sit down, which didn't do the nerves any good whatsoever if any of the others did it i'm not sure, but i wish they had done it.
what qs did they ask you in november then ?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanallin
what qs did they ask you in november then ?
Just the same as you have already read on the site really
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:35 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
Hi Guys,

They would normally - that's standard government interview practice over here. Its very unusual not to get the questions beforehand
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They would normally - that's standard government interview practice over here. Its very unusual not to get the questions beforehand
No body was given the questions before there interview in Nov and it appears the questions do change each time they come over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.