Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:27 pm
Badge

Default Re: Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Originally Posted by Sandra
Continuing on a thread I am pissing myself at.......

When Aussies ask after two years here....and it is peeing down and very cold

AUS/UK

You must be used to IT?.....nope mate I had central heating!

Central HeatING?....yes radiators and double glazing?

Must of worn a lot of LAYERS THEN?.....nope T shirt and jog bottoms to walk about the whole house not just a single room.

Stewth Mate you must have had MONEY?.......Nope mate just central heating and double glazing.

.......etc etc

I love this thread I have never laughed so much.....I would pack my bags and go home if I wasn't enjoying myself here as well!!!

Cheers Sandra
doesn't apply to me - never had central heating in the UK!!

BM

Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
You must be used to IT?.....nope mate I had central heating!

Central HeatING?....yes radiators and double glazing?

Must of worn a lot of LAYERS THEN?.....nope T shirt and jog bottoms to walk about the whole house not just a single room.

Stewth Mate you must have had MONEY?.......Nope mate just central heating and double glazing.

Cheers Sandra
Like Sandra, I am having fits at this thread, its brilliant. I DREAM of central heating, well of any heating really, as I sit here in 5 layers, with my hat on, because the twit I married has the front door wide open when its only 9 degrees outside....and its now 7 degrees inside! :scared:
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:36 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Boomie
maybe it describes him better..... round with a little prick

love boomie
xx
lol xx

Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:38 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Badge
lol xx

how ya doin me old mukka? and b4 ya ask....no the slippers aren't cummin...

hope ya keepin well

love boomie
xx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:44 pm
Badge

how ya doin me old mukka? and b4 ya ask....no the slippers aren't cummin...

hope ya keepin well

love boomie
xx
we're good Boomie...

Almost ready yourself?

BM

Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:54 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

we're good Boomie...

Almost ready yourself?

BM
yeah not long now.... we fly to briz on 10th oct......

how is terry not heard from him for ages

xx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:58 pm
Badge

yeah not long now.... we fly to briz on 10th oct......

how is terry not heard from him for ages

xx
keeps a low profile these days...haven't seen since Pommyland.

What sort of animal is short, fit and is well endowed. I feel a change of user name coming on..

BM

Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

keeps a low profile these days...haven't seen since Pommyland.

What sort of animal is short, fit and is well endowed. I feel a change of user name coming on..

BM
Didn't know you knew my hubby (not!)
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Get a really expensive gas BBQ & start learning how to BBQ badly. Aussies have not got a clue how to BBQ properly. Any monkey can BBQ with gas.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:57 pm
Badge

Stick pages from old catalogues in your post box to get used to the large amounts of adverts and flyers of specials...

(which, really, is no bad thing..)

Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:59 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Tip: to become a Oz 'talkback radio host'.

i) practice phrases that begin with "I say...". Eg "I say send them all back", "I say, if they don't want to work for $3 a month, let 'em starve!"
Nah Mike this is too Brit or Alf Garnett..

start any sentence with:

"Look - "

Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:06 pm
Banned

Diprotodon is an unknown quantity at this point

Go back and edit your posts over a year later to cover any mistruths you may of told.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156606
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

Based on my limited experience of Australian life...

Save tears later - warn the kids Veggie Mite is not a make of chocolate spread...

...also a top tip from another expat...if you are looking for accommodation, save dead cockroaches from the dodgier properties so you can drop them discretely later if faced with competition for a hot property......!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Practice owning a car in Australia by taking a UK car in reasonable condition and walk around it a couple of times hitting it randomly with a claw hammer. This is what will happen to you after a few weeks of visits to the local shopping mall.

Practice giving your kids Australian names by randomly pulling letters out of a Scrabble bag until you get names like Taylah or Jaydon.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:32 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Practice owning a car in Australia by taking a UK car in reasonable condition and walk around it a couple of times hitting it randomly with a claw hammer. This is what will happen to you after a few weeks of visits to the local shopping mall.

Practice giving your kids Australian names by randomly pulling letters out of a Scrabble bag until you get names like Taylah or Jaydon.

I hate those unusal (i.e. stupid) spellings of 'normal' names like Katelin, Rees, Kris, Sharyn, Mishel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.