LCD TV
66.28%
Plasma TV
33.72%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

LCD or Plasma?

Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Looks like SKY is one step ahead of FOX and the people back in the UK will be getting HD programs very soon by the looks of things.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...030666,00.html

TT

Hehe, I can't wait to be able to see the subtle traces of a smile in Andrew Johnson's eye's as he get's awarded yet another penalty...
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

cheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Do LCD TV's only go up to 94cm/37inch?

Has anyone seen any bigger ones?

Hi

My son here in the UK has just ordered this samsung 40" LCD should arrive in a couple of days. He is well excited about it. But thats boys and their toys!

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php

For anyone who might like to see what it is like
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:32 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely wouldn't buy Plasma now, as heard in the news the other day that the logos you get on the corner of the screen, on certain channels, have been found to burn themselves into the screen, so there's a permanent image on the screen.

Not good really
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

cheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud ofcheechee has much to be proud of

Definitely wouldn't buy Plasma now, as heard in the news the other day that the logos you get on the corner of the screen, on certain channels, have been found to burn themselves into the screen, so there's a permanent image on the screen.

Not good really

I agree and if you like gaming like my lad, and you fall asleep and leave your console on then you will wake in the morning to having a permanent burn on your screen.

Not worth the chance considering the amount they are to buy, not easily replaced.

Have to say that after much research and looking at them my own personal choice would be the LCD, picture is so crisp and clear. But like everything in the end comes down to personal preference.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 2:31 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Does anybody else watch the SD channels when they have the HD channels available to them? I watch virtually all the standard channels (9 and 10 etc) in HD when they are available and notice a great difference in picture quality.

TT
I tend to watch shows in SD rather than the HD. I don't know why really... guess I've never given HD much of a chance (the few times I've watched things in HD I've noticed f*** all difference). Maybe I should switch to watching things in HD, just for a change.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:10 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
I tend to watch shows in SD rather than the HD. I don't know why really... guess I've never given HD much of a chance (the few times I've watched things in HD I've noticed f*** all difference). Maybe I should switch to watching things in HD, just for a change.
You may not notice any difference between SD and HD, as HD signals are not being boadcast yet.

When they do get round to broadcasting them, it will be awesome
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:53 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>You may not notice any difference between SD and HD, as HD signals are not being boadcast yet.<<

Taking that literally, you *will* notice a BIG difference - a picture as opposed to a blank screen!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wol
>>You may not notice any difference between SD and HD, as HD signals are not being boadcast yet.<<

Taking that literally, you *will* notice a BIG difference - a picture as opposed to a blank screen!
......just as I said
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:42 pm

In a roundabout sorta way
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:05 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

What do I watch then on channels 70, 90 and 12 (through HD set top box) etc which proclaim to be 7 HD, 9 HD and 12 HD?

They have a far superior picture to the normal 7 and 9....do I have channels that nobody else does?

According to the link below it is broadcasting in HD!

http://tvshows.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=22454

A confused TT

You may not notice any difference between SD and HD, as HD signals are not being boadcast yet.

When they do get round to broadcasting them, it will be awesome

Last edited by TrickyTree; Jan 25th 2006 at 12:19 am.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:16 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I know that my plasma has a moving screen saver that kicks in after a certain time of inactivity (programmed by yourself) which stops this happening.

Not good really
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

What do I watch then on channels 70, 90 and 12 (through HD set top box) etc which proclaim to be 7 HD, 9 HD and 12 HD?

They have a far superior picture to the normal 7 and 9....do I have channels that nobody else does?

A confused TT
You're right - those are hi-def transmissions - got 'em up and running on my folks new DTV box - bloody excellent image
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

A confused TT

Your correct Tricky, I think Tiawamutu, is talking about out of the UK, as I was going to post the exact same thing as yourself.. Either that or his connections on his TV are stuffed..

There is a massive difference in the Quality of HD over SD,
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:34 am
Go the BNE Roar

That would make sense OE.....I forget who is where at what time.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Your correct Tricky, I think Tiawamutu, is talking about out of the UK, as I was going to post the exact same thing as yourself.. Either that or his connections on his TV are stuffed..

There is a massive difference in the Quality of HD over SD,
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:45 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

havent read through all the replies, so maybe this has been said already....

I would go for LCD, principally because of the burn out on plasma screens.

go into a tv/electronics store that plays MTV all day every day on their sets. swtich off one of the plasma screens - in almost all cases you can see the MTV logo burnt onto the plasma screen even when it is switched off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.