Plasma TV
33.72%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

LCD or Plasma?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:17 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Well Im a ludite and Ill stick with good ole CRT screens. You still get a better piccie with them and theyre 1/5 of the price! Ma & Pa in Laws bought an LCD a few months ago and I really wasnt inpressed. DONT get one if you like fast action TV like SPORT esp footie and motorsport as you get a lot of blurring of the background that LCD especially cant deal with very well. LCD is the future ,Plasmas wont be around for long as they have shorter lifes and are far more fragile.

Get yourself a nice big sony widescreen and save yourself some dosh, thats what I say.
Well looked at lcd/plasma my self 2 years ago and bought a normal tv with 100HZ screen ( panasonic ) its fine and where it lives in the corner of the room the lcd etc would be wasted as its not needed to be flat on the wall.
But bought a small LCD for the bedroom and its very good and as space it tight in that room the the flat on the wall tv is ace
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:19 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
They're right! My brother in law works in the development labs for Sony Uk and advises the best tv you can buy is a Crt screen bog standard telly. It's summat to do with pixelation and broadcasting stream qualities, the digital signals we receive won't catch up with the current lcd and plasma telly picture qualities for a few years yet. Ever got up close to an lcd or plasma screen?.they look bleedin awful, all you're paying for at the mo' is aesthetics!
Absolutely...
Also, try getting a salesman to demo a piece of fast action TV...it wont happen if they can help it. Theyll play you a clip form a Movie that wont have fast panning shots or fast action. Also that will bypass the broadcast limitations of todays signals...
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:20 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Well looked at lcd/plasma my self 2 years ago and bought a normal tv with 100HZ screen ( panasonic ) its fine and where it lives in the corner of the room the lcd etc would be wasted as its not needed to be flat on the wall.
But bought a small LCD for the bedroom and its very good and as space it tight in that room the the flat on the wall tv is ace

My bedroom aint for watching telly!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:22 pm

My bedroom aint for watching telly!
Dirty Boy
Gives the wife something to watch after i nod off
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:23 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty Boy
OR ENTERTAIN HER WHILE YOUR "ON THE JOB"
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:28 pm
AC/DC!

Dirty Boy
Dont know what you were thinking, I just enjoy doing a wee bit of Knitting before settling down for a good nights sleep! Sheesh I dunno, some people!
Im currenlty working on a nice wee pullover with my name on the front! Can wait till I wear it to work....
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
OR ENTERTAIN HER WHILE YOUR "ON THE JOB"
Na puts one off ones stroke
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:32 pm

Dont know what you were thinking, I just enjoy doing a wee bit of Knitting before settling down for a good nights sleep! Sheesh I dunno, some people!
Im currenlty working on a nice wee pullover with my name on the front! Can wait till I wear it to work....
Well get knitting the are raindears to be woven for xmass
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:49 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I went through the same queries when I landed in March and ended up with a HD 50 inch pioneer plasma. Thought the rear projection picture quality was inferior to the other two. The LCD's didnt really go up to the screen size I was after so that left the plasma. If the LCD's did go up to 50 inch and the price was similar I would have probably gone LCD.

But I am very happy with the plasma at the moment it was also helped by the free install and a 5 year warranty.

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Please vote for the type of TV you like the best, and if you can give a reason why, it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by TrickyTree; Nov 28th 2005 at 9:51 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Well Im a ludite and Ill stick with good ole CRT screens. You still get a better piccie with them and theyre 1/5 of the price! Ma & Pa in Laws bought an LCD a few months ago and I really wasnt inpressed. DONT get one if you like fast action TV like SPORT esp footie and motorsport as you get a lot of blurring of the background that LCD especially cant deal with very well. LCD is the future ,Plasmas wont be around for long as they have shorter lifes and are far more fragile.

Get yourself a nice big sony widescreen and save yourself some dosh, thats what I say.
Didn't know you could buy CRT TV's?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:59 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely...
Also, try getting a salesman to demo a piece of fast action TV...it wont happen if they can help it. Theyll play you a clip form a Movie that wont have fast panning shots or fast action. Also that will bypass the broadcast limitations of todays signals...
I agree too.
Get a 100 Hz telly until the Plasma and LCD have moved onto the next generation.
The only deciding factor should be space. If you don't have much space, but a lot of cash, get your LCD/Plasma.

Andrew
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:04 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Well get knitting the are raindears to be woven for xmass
This has got nothing to do with the subject being discussed, but Perthforme?

Does your wife post on here mostly?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

wait a year and get one of these:

http://www.canon.com/technology/display/

SED is the new way to go!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by brisnick
wait a year and get one of these:

http://www.canon.com/technology/display/

SED is the new way to go!
I'll never win the lottery in a year!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:46 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

I cancelled SKY months ago and don't miss it one bit , will not be getting FOXTEL in aus !
I bet you do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.