Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Good luck and karma to those just entering the market - hope you get more result that we have had so far. In 4 months - 3 viewings 1 interested but with an infinite chain
Anyone want to house sit while we go to Oz? we are due to go mid August but looks as if we will return later in the year to tidy up the house sale if any and move out our contents
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi All,
Add us to the list. House on the market six weeks, four viewings and a couple coming around tonight for a second look. Need all the luck and prayers available, so keep everything crossed. Let you know how we get on.
Have sent you some Karma, best of luck tonight, finger's crossed ehh?

Paula.
Warrington, Cheshire.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:19 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

The young couple that put in the offer on my house just been back for the second time...AND BOUGHT ALL THE PARENTS TOO...!!!!they all seem to like it ,the young lass seems to love the house so I feel happy now we should see this through to completion for the 31st aug,and they wont back out...god willing the banks dont act up thou eh...Im off for a beer or 3...

good luck to all you that are still waiting for your buyers...
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:16 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi Guys

Sorry but I need to have a moan to someone. Although we have Sold STC and everything fell through, now its back on with the same buyers, I thought that everything had been done on our sale, they had received the mortgage offer etc. But No apparently they only applied for the searches today! I feel so mad because we had been told they had been done, but the solicitor told the agents the wrong details. So I feel this will put us back now I can't stand not having any control over our life, first its the TRA then the VISA now the HOUSE aarggghhh I can't take much more I feel like I'm going to explode.

Sorry I know plenty of you haven't got buyers, I just want my life back or a new one to begin.

Sorry again. I think a few of these might help.

Michelle
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi Guys

Sorry but I need to have a moan to someone. Although we have Sold STC and everything fell through, now its back on with the same buyers, I thought that everything had been done on our sale, they had received the mortgage offer etc. But No apparently they only applied for the searches today! I feel so mad because we had been told they had been done, but the solicitor told the agents the wrong details. So I feel this will put us back now I can't stand not having any control over our life, first its the TRA then the VISA now the HOUSE aarggghhh I can't take much more I feel like I'm going to explode.

Sorry I know plenty of you haven't got buyers, I just want my life back or a new one to begin.

Sorry again. I think a few of these might help.

Michelle
Hi Michelle

Go ahead and moan all you like, its a bloody nightmare, hope you will have it all sorted soon. How long do the searches take, a couple of weeks is it?

Hey just realised your derbyshire arent you, our agent says the market has died here just goes to show she is wrong
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
Put my house on the market thinking the market was very slow. Listened to the advice of the estate agent ?, sold the house to the first person ,full asking price,so i do think the market is picking up.Going to rent for the time being ,if we cant get our visas we will down size.Gamble i know
No gamble there, very sensible. No way house prices are going up again in the next 5 years. They are way too far out of aligment with wages.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya all just wanted to say i LOVE my mum, she came up with a brilliant idea it all depends whether she can persuade my step-dad to do it. basically she is saying she will buy a 50% share in our house which would allow us to pay off 2nd mortgage and have £10000 left and then rent the house out for 2 years and try and sell again or very very worst case scenario we have a house to come back to if everything goes belly-up have spoken to my neighbour who is a financial adviser and she has also recommended we change our mortgage to interest only as this would considerably reduce our mortgage payments as we know we would get £425 unfurnished and we would rent furnished as we not taking furniture with us we should be able to afford to do this as our mortgage interest only would only be £180 and if mum did the same rent would cover both. if the house then sells 2 years down the line for what we have it up for now we would both get £12500 profit not bad eh. so fingers crossed for me dad will do it. please send me some karma for luck this house is the only thing stopping us from jetting out to sydney and hubby starting new job.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya all just wanted to say i LOVE my mum, she came up with a brilliant idea it all depends whether she can persuade my step-dad to do it. basically she is saying she will buy a 50% share in our house which would allow us to pay off 2nd mortgage and have £10000 left and then rent the house out for 2 years and try and sell again or very very worst case scenario we have a house to come back to if everything goes belly-up have spoken to my neighbour who is a financial adviser and she has also recommended we change our mortgage to interest only as this would considerably reduce our mortgage payments as we know we would get £425 unfurnished and we would rent furnished as we not taking furniture with us we should be able to afford to do this as our mortgage interest only would only be £180 and if mum did the same rent would cover both. if the house then sells 2 years down the line for what we have it up for now we would both get £12500 profit not bad eh. so fingers crossed for me dad will do it. please send me some karma for luck this house is the only thing stopping us from jetting out to sydney and hubby starting new job.

Hey sounds like it could work. Good luck and lots of karma coming your way

Peter
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:14 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

We put our wee flat on the market yesterday and the phone has not stopped ringing. Already had to show 1 around and she's coming again tonight for a second viewing, and she has booked a survey for Monday. And we have another 1 coming around tonight. Just wanted to wish everyone else good luck with there properties.

Jim
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Cantwait, your karma worked. They put in an offer last night for the full asking price. They are cash buyers so no chain. Now all we have to decide on ,is do we actually want to go. Huge decision. it happened so fast , we thought that we would have a bit more time. Over here in Ireland, when you make a deal there is no pulling out, without penalties, unless you put a clause in the first contract.We have the weekend to decide. But we still don't have our visa. Don't know what to do. Let you all know what happens.

Originally Posted by cantwait
Have sent you some Karma, best of luck tonight, finger's crossed ehh?

Paula.
Warrington, Cheshire.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chef69
Thanks Cantwait, your karma worked. They put in an offer last night for the full asking price. They are cash buyers so no chain. Now all we have to decide on ,is do we actually want to go. Huge decision. it happened so fast , we thought that we would have a bit more time. Over here in Ireland, when you make a deal there is no pulling out, without penalties, unless you put a clause in the first contract.We have the weekend to decide. But we still don't have our visa. Don't know what to do. Let you all know what happens.
That's fantastic news! and you dont even have to worry about them pulling out at the last minute wow i wish we had the rule over hear.

I just wish we we'd put it for sale last year and gone into rented, cause the market was better last year, oh well.

For us it's just been a bloody waiting game from day one, we applied 13th April 04, and we only got the visa grant 7th May 05 (pre-July) , now we've got to wait again to sell the bloody house i can't think about anything other than Aus at the moment it's doing my head in big time.

We plan on going to Brisbane Sunshine coast.

Eh send us some Karma if it worked for you i might work for me...............

Paula
Warrington, Cheshire.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's fantastic news! and you dont even have to worry about them pulling out at the last minute wow i wish we had the rule over hear.

I just wish we we'd put it for sale last year and gone into rented, cause the market was better last year, oh well.

For us it's just been a bloody waiting game from day one, we applied 13th April 04, and we only got the visa grant 7th May 05 (pre-July) , now we've got to wait again to sell the bloody house i can't think about anything other than Aus at the moment it's doing my head in big time.

We plan on going to Brisbane Sunshine coast.

Eh send us some Karma if it worked for you i might work for me...............

Paula
Warrington, Cheshire.
I forgot to sell best of luck for the weekend everyone, lets hope we all get plenty viewers, fingers crossed.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hi Paula,
I have sent you Karma, so fingers crossed it works for you too.

I forgot to sell best of luck for the weekend everyone, lets hope we all get plenty viewers, fingers crossed.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 1:16 am
Just Joined

katey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

I work for outbound publishing so I'm not emigrating myself but have been trying to find a house to buy in the UK for ages - the market seems to move too quick for us in the South.

A few weeks ago we saw a property new to the market and me and my bf both liked it a lot, we did a bit of research as it wasn't in our preffered area, put in a good offer and waited - only to find out they had another offer the same day for the same amount. The sellers said they were going to go for the people in the best position which we hoped would be us as we are first time buyers in rented and have all the morgage stuff sorted out but as our bad housing luck would have it the other people were cash buyers.

Another house we wanted ended up in a bidding war going £30k over the asking price, a house in an area we love came on the market and we made an appointment to see it the same evening, only for someone not working to see it in the morning and put in an offer immediately meaning that we couldn't see it. And thats just a few!!

So this is to give hope to all you house sellers - there are serious buyers out here desparate to find something!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 1:45 am
FAMILY MEMBER

paula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura about

Hello
You can add us to the list. We have bee on the market one week today, had one viewing but nothing else. We have our flights booked for October, so we are going whether the house has sold or not. We will just have to rent the house out if push comes to shove.
Paula Elliott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.