Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:51 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Peppi

Thats excellent news, I am soooo pleased for you. All the stuff that you have thrown in the sale must be worth over a grand! So they ahve got a bl**dy good deal there.
Lets toast tio ease plain sailing sales for all of us and hope there are no hiccups.
I second the idea about putting pets into quarantine. Thye'll be oklay and you will need to find a rental when you first get over there.

Good Luck
Ang
yes it is prob worth a grand,but I recon theres no way we would get that if I tried to sell it as we areant taking it with us,so shit to it...if it helps to swing the deal,saves us from having to do something with it,chuck it all in..

Im Happy
I'll second that toast,now its fingers crossed it all goes through.All the best to you...
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:35 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peppi
Un believably I can let you know today...! they came up the extra grand...! Im so happy,weve sold the house...So happy I threw in fridge freezer,tumble dryer, curtains,nets,blinds,portable TV and Vid upstairs and a pine cheast of draws and the easy wicker chair in the conservatory...they are first timers and have nothing so it gives them a bit to start with...Down side is she is a teacher that needs to be in before the kids go back to school in September and the flights are booked for 21st september...not so bad for us,but Im going to have to suss what to do with the cat and dog for a fortnight..any suggestions welcome...
Congratulations sounds like they have a bargain with all the stuff you've thrown in well done
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Just joined the merry go round
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:31 pm

Hi all just spoke to our estate agent who tells me the market in our area has ground to a complete stop, no viewers no sales, 4 houses have dropped their prices and still no interest

we have had an offer 25k under asking price they are not prepared to go higher, we just cant justify losing that much money as the house is on at a very reasonable price as it is.

basically the people who have put the offer in know the market, they also have a house up for sale (with the same estate agent) in same village so have got us by the short and curlies. Totally pissed off with it all.

Good luck to all in same boat.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:44 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

We are also on the market now - going in local paper this Friday and basic details on website - but not open to viewings until next Monday as a few internal bits and bobs to get out of the way this weekend.
we're not planning to go out til March next year so the plan is on the market now for 6 weeks then off for August and back on in September with a different agent if this one comes to nothing. We'll rent if we sell soon.

Thanks to Steve&Claire who posted with this recommendation a few weeks ago and also the recommendation to Your Move who we are now on the market with!

I am so nervous about it though. I have no idea what's going to happen. we're on for £2K less than the two most expensive houses on our road even though we've been told by all the agents that our place is nicer/more saleable than those...so who knows?

Michelle
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by michellemac
We are also on the market now - going in local paper this Friday and basic details on website - but not open to viewings until next Monday as a few internal bits and bobs to get out of the way this weekend.
we're not planning to go out til March next year so the plan is on the market now for 6 weeks then off for August and back on in September with a different agent if this one comes to nothing. We'll rent if we sell soon.

Thanks to Steve&Claire who posted with this recommendation a few weeks ago and also the recommendation to Your Move who we are now on the market with!

I am so nervous about it though. I have no idea what's going to happen. we're on for £2K less than the two most expensive houses on our road even though we've been told by all the agents that our place is nicer/more saleable than those...so who knows?

Michelle
Lots of luck with selling Michelle sent you some Karma
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:02 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by possoms
Lots of luck with selling Michelle sent you some Karma

ooh, thanks - I think that's my first Karma but I am embarrassed to say that i have no idea what that actually means (need an embarrassed smiley!). I guess it';s something to do with that button on the bottom of the screen? Then maybe I can give you some too?

Michelle
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:04 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

On Sunday night we sat on the sofa totally fed up that we have only had one viewing in the last few weeks and resolved to move agent in the next couple of weeks even though it would cost £200.

Then yesterday we had 2 calls to arrange viewings. One tonight is a first viewing but at least they have already sold STC (everyone else so far had only just listed themselves). But the one on Friday is a third viewing for the first couple we showed around 10 weeks ago. The agent said they liked our house but wouldn't make an offer until they sold theirs. We assumed they were spinning us a line but apparently they have sold STC now and want yet another look. Cross your fingers for us!!! I daren't sit down this week in case I make the place look untidy.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:29 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
We just exchanged on our house after 9 months on the market! We had 3 sales fall through (first time buyers lower down the chain kept changing their minds). Up and down all that time.
A big releif everyone is now comitted we are off to Oz for my new job early August!
hurrah!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:40 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all just spoke to our estate agent who tells me the market in our area has ground to a complete stop, no viewers no sales, 4 houses have dropped their prices and still no interest

we have had an offer 25k under asking price they are not prepared to go higher, we just cant justify losing that much money as the house is on at a very reasonable price as it is.

basically the people who have put the offer in know the market, they also have a house up for sale (with the same estate agent) in same village so have got us by the short and curlies. Totally pissed off with it all.

do these people have to sell their house b4 they can buy yours? 25k is a lot to drop. i suppose the more expensive the property, the more £'s buyers expect to be knocked off the original price. have you got your visas yet? or have you got time to wait a bit more? we too have reached stalemate on the offer we had yesterday. cheeky so and so shoved a note through the door asking for us to ring him instead of going through a go-between. hubbie rang him and he says that he's not prepared to go over 180k (house is up at 190k). it's all quiet on the western front at the mo

still don't know what to do. have you decided yet?

michelle
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:21 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by bun
do these people have to sell their house b4 they can buy yours? 25k is a lot to drop. i suppose the more expensive the property, the more £'s buyers expect to be knocked off the original price. have you got your visas yet? or have you got time to wait a bit more? we too have reached stalemate on the offer we had yesterday. cheeky so and so shoved a note through the door asking for us to ring him instead of going through a go-between. hubbie rang him and he says that he's not prepared to go over 180k (house is up at 190k). it's all quiet on the western front at the mo

michelle
I dropped 13 grand in the end on a house that is 50 grand less than yours to get it sold...money in the bank is better than a empty house in england costing you a fortune in while your in Oz...but then I might be speaking out of my a##e as i dont know your circumstance or wether you have months before you leave...its a buyers market at the moment and dont they know it...they call the shots so to speak
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by bun

michelle
Hi Michelle

Just done meds requested, should get visas in next couple of months.

The offer is from our next door neighbour they want our workshop (attached to house) to bulldoze and turn into a car park.

They have been playing games with us for months prior to it going on the market saying they want to buy the house but not giving us a proper offer etc they have also tried to bypass the agent by asking us direct how much we want for it, we told them the asking price obviously they then put the offer in 25k under cheeky sods.

No they dont have to sell the other property first, it is a second property of theirs.

What really annoys us is that they could have put a reasonable offer in before we signed with the agent, therefore saving us the agents fees.

They are constantly ringing our agent and asking them to keep them informed on any interest, progress on our house etc and have even been to see the agent in person to tell them our house is not worth the asking price!!

Dont know what to tell you about yours Michelle as its your call at the end of the day, but we are not prepared to be bullied by our lot.

Kay
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by stevemich
We just exchanged on our house after 9 months on the market! We had 3 sales fall through (first time buyers lower down the chain kept changing their minds). Up and down all that time.
A big releif everyone is now comitted we are off to Oz for my new job early August!
hurrah!
Congrats on selling the house big relief
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:25 am
Moomin member

sorry to hear that possums...tried to send you some cheer up karma but it wont let me...I think it seems in our area that people are starting to buy again...all be it they command prices in this buyers market...lets hope it happens in your area too real soon...25k is a bit hefty
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by worzel
On Sunday night we sat on the sofa totally fed up that we have only had one viewing in the last few weeks and resolved to move agent in the next couple of weeks even though it would cost £200.

Then yesterday we had 2 calls to arrange viewings. One tonight is a first viewing but at least they have already sold STC (everyone else so far had only just listed themselves). But the one on Friday is a third viewing for the first couple we showed around 10 weeks ago. The agent said they liked our house but wouldn't make an offer until they sold theirs. We assumed they were spinning us a line but apparently they have sold STC now and want yet another look. Cross your fingers for us!!! I daren't sit down this week in case I make the place look untidy.
Worzel as always everything crossed for you (and all you others out there) this sounds very promising 3rd time lucky viewers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.