Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:47 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by possoms
Great news Fozzie

where abouts in Derbyshire are you (sorry if i've asked before)
I'm in Ilkeston. Hopefully not for long

Michelle
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fozzie
I'm in Ilkeston. Hopefully not for long

Michelle
Stoney Middleton ditto
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Well our sale has just fallen through. Just knew it was too good to be true - only our 2nd viewer and a cash buyer. Now turns out that he doesn't have the money after all. Well why put in a bl**dy offer then?
Hi sorry about your news, the same thing has happened to us 1st viewer put offer in now says cant afford it????

Good luck
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:17 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Well out of the blue I got a call from the estate agent late this afternoon... we have a viewer for you they said. Well I was gobsmacked! 3 viewers in 1 week...
Anyway they have been tonight at 6.30 and they love the house. They have sold theirs and are ready to move.
After walking around on their own for a while they have asked if they can come back tomorrow as they really like it and want to bring parents with them.
So it seems all is well on the house front at the mo for us... but I don't want to build hopes up yet, you never know they may change their minds....

Please keep your fingers crossed for me everyone!! Ill let you know tomorrow...

Thanks
Ang
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Well out of the blue I got a call from the estate agent late this afternoon... we have a viewer for you they said. Well I was gobsmacked! 3 viewers in 1 week...
Anyway they have been tonight at 6.30 and they love the house. They have sold theirs and are ready to move.
After walking around on their own for a while they have asked if they can come back tomorrow as they really like it and want to bring parents with them.
So it seems all is well on the house front at the mo for us... but I don't want to build hopes up yet, you never know they may change their minds....

Thanks
Ang

Good luck for tomorrow Angie

Karma coming your way to ensure success - well it would have been but I already gave you some so I got to spread it around - so to speak

Peter

Last edited by Paylia; Jun 7th 2005 at 9:32 am.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Oh Wow what great news hop e its the one !!

love from Sidey's XX
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:03 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marysidey
Oh Wow what great news hop e its the one !!

love from Sidey's XX
Cheers Mary have you had any news yet from the new agent....

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but it wouldbe nice.... wouldn't it.

Luv to all,
Ang & co x
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:04 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by Paylia
Good luck for tomorrow Angie

Karma coming your way to ensure success - well it would have been but I already gave you some so I got to spread it around - so to speak

Peter
Cheers Peter, keep fingers and toes crossed for us tomorrw about pm.
Will let you all know,

Ang
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

Thanks
Ang
Hi Ang
Hope all goes well with the second viewing today, keeping everything crossed for you.

With regards to our house sale, our buyers aren't exactly cash buyers afterall (this is what the agent told us). They are getting a "small" mortgage and are selling their property. Their sale is going through and their buyers want to be in by first week of July, so they want to be able to move into ours by this time also. So far everything seems to be going ok, but it's still nerve racking. Won't feel safe until those contracts are exchanged!

NICSTIDS - Sorry to hear about your sale falling through, you must be devastated. Hope you get a buyer, that can afford it, really soon.

Good luck to all

Tracy
Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all who have offered sympathy! Much appreciated.

Our estate agent who originally dealt with our buyer has been away on holiday and came back yesterday to find out the news. She has been on to him and it transpires that he is waiting for his divorce to be finalised which is why the funds aren't immediately available.He still very much likes the house though. We have stressed that actually we are in no particular hurry as we are not going until January 2006. (Were going to move into rented but would prefer not to if poss.) So the long and the short of it is, he is still in the picture and is going to get back to the agent on Monday once he's spoken to his divorce solicitor. In the meantime the agents are going to re-market the property. Feel a bit happier than I did yesterday !
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:11 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Just an update from me:

We had an offer today, £5000 below the asking price. We are considering it over night, but I think we will accept.

House has been on the market for 2 months and we've had 16 viewings so far. (one couple 3 times!)

Perth is getting closer so fingers crossed
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Just an update from me:

We had an offer today, £5000 below the asking price. We are considering it over night, but I think we will accept.

House has been on the market for 2 months and we've had 16 viewings so far. (one couple 3 times!)

Go for it Pompeywill
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update from me:

Good luck. I am starting to think that £5k is worth losing if it gets you there quicker. Although it depends on peoples circumstances.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Tracey
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

sun bums is on a distinguished road

We too have knocked off another £5000 off the house price again !
We have someone quite interested but can't do anything until her dad gets back from working away which will only be as early as the end of next week.
But the main thing is that she's very keen. We're just hoping her dad is ok with it,(he's not living with her, just investing some cash). She's lodging so it could be a quick process.
Fingers crossed!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:14 am

Just an update from me:

I agree go for it we are willing to accept 5k below asking price, but not the bloody cheeky offer we've had of 25k under

Good luck to everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.