Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:26 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by peppi
sorry to hear that possums...tried to send you some cheer up karma but it wont let me...I think it seems in our area that people are starting to buy again...all be it they command prices in this buyers market...lets hope it happens in your area too real soon...25k is a bit hefty
Thanks peppi tried to send you some too but wont let me
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by michellemac
ooh, thanks - I think that's my first Karma but I am embarrassed to say that i have no idea what that actually means (need an embarrassed smiley!). I guess it';s something to do with that button on the bottom of the screen? Then maybe I can give you some too?

Michelle
Hi yes just click on the karma button and leave a msg, dont forget to put your name on or people dont know who it is from.

To check your karma go to your profile
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:31 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
I dropped 13 grand in the end on a house that is 50 grand less than yours to get it sold...money in the bank is better than a empty house in england costing you a fortune in while your in Oz...but then I might be speaking out of my a##e as i dont know your circumstance or wether you have months before you leave...its a buyers market at the moment and dont they know it...they call the shots so to speak
we've not even had out TRA back yet (9 weeks and counting!). if we were further down the line we might have taken the 10k less than the asking price. we are prepared to leave most things in the house, and the stuff is really nice and not cheap, if you know what i mean!
we'd sell it for 185k, or maybe even 184k, but not 180k at the mo (hope we are doing the right thing )

at least you have sold yours eventually, some people are stuck paying mortgages and paying rent for some time.

michelle
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:38 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know what to tell you about yours Michelle as its your call at the end of the day, but we are not prepared to be bullied by our lot.

Kay [/QUOTE]

hi kay

i remember reading your tale before. didn't they keep badgering your hubbie over the house, sneaky so and so's.

we too are not prepared to be bullied (not at this stage anyway )

we've got plenty of time to sell. just hope when we get further down the line, in say 8/9 months time, we don't have a house to sell and regretting not selling when we had a chance. he's in no chain neither, and the funds are there!

have sent you some karma so the means sods nect door will offer you another 15k to clinch the deal - they so obviously want the house!

michelle
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:44 am

hi kay

have sent you some karma so the means sods nect door will offer you another 15k to clinch the deal - they so obviously want the house!

michelle[/QUOTE]

Thanks Michelle
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:29 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Three houses sold in my street this week!!
They must have heard we were moving

Although just because the SOLD boards have gone up it means nothing until exchange (as we all well know)
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi guy's.

We've been on the market since the 1st March had about five viewers so far but no offer's yet.

We got our visa on the 7th May, and its so hard just keeping the place clean all the time in hope that viewer's might come.

Ive heard the housing market is picking up well i hope so cause all i want now is to get to Brisbane ASAP.

paula
Warrington, Cheshire.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Another one to add to the list. We are just about to start the house selling process, we have the estate agents coming round on Friday then on the market next week. Hope to get PR visa end of June all being well.
Rangersman and his wife.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:32 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
On Sunday night we sat on the sofa totally fed up that we have only had one viewing in the last few weeks and resolved to move agent in the next couple of weeks even though it would cost £200.

Then yesterday we had 2 calls to arrange viewings. One tonight is a first viewing but at least they have already sold STC (everyone else so far had only just listed themselves). But the one on Friday is a third viewing for the first couple we showed around 10 weeks ago. The agent said they liked our house but wouldn't make an offer until they sold theirs. We assumed they were spinning us a line but apparently they have sold STC now and want yet another look. Cross your fingers for us!!! I daren't sit down this week in case I make the place look untidy.
Good Luck worzel everything crossed for you....
Lets hope it goes this week and you can celebrate

Hang in everyone else your time will come, I still can't believe we have got a buyer now.....
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Good Luck worzel everything crossed for you....
Lets hope it goes this week and you can celebrate

Hang in everyone else your time will come, I still can't believe we have got a buyer now.....
Well done getting a buyer, what a relief eh...

Can't wait till we hear some good news with the house, we've just dropped the price so this can only help.

Paula
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:00 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by bun
we've not even had out TRA back yet (9 weeks and counting!). if we were further down the line we might have taken the 10k less than the asking price. we are prepared to leave most things in the house, and the stuff is really nice and not cheap, if you know what i mean!
we'd sell it for 185k, or maybe even 184k, but not 180k at the mo (hope we are doing the right thing )

at least you have sold yours eventually, some people are stuck paying mortgages and paying rent for some time.

michelle
In that case you have months to hang on for the right price...My flights are booked for 21st September and Id like it all done and dusted by then...which Is why I took a hit on the price...If I didnt have my visa,I like you would not have accepted that offer either...you never know there may be an upturn in the next few months and you could clinch your asking price eh....
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:39 am
Sarrob

Originally Posted by karenjc
Put us down ( don't even think of it )
Dear karenjc

Good luck ! I am trying to find out the timescales involved - it seems you had meds and xrays requested a month after acknowledgement from 47sk ind 136- our ack we rec'd a month ago - I am a teacher, husband is in flooring - could you advise ?

Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is going on the market this week - taken us a while considering we had our application approved at end of April - but mass decluttering etc to do
We'd like the first viewers (with no chain) to offer the asking price (or two to bid it up), but not move in until we're ready to fly!! What's the chances of that - ho, ho!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:18 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Our wee flat went on yesterday. Now someone buy it!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,
Add us to the list. House on the market six weeks, four viewings and a couple coming around tonight for a second look. Need all the luck and prayers available, so keep everything crossed. Let you know how we get on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.