Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by possoms
pizza anyone
Wonder how you sleep with your head in the sand?

Simple fact - you all think the world owes you a huge windfall when you sell your houses - but now the FTBs aren't playing the game any more. They're looking for value for money the cheeky young things. Why they can't get their shoulders to the wheel, noses to the grindstone and work their fingers to the bone - like we had to do to pay our 2.5 x salary mortgages ...

Last edited by Seriously; Jun 23rd 2005 at 7:38 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seriously
Wonder how you sleep with your head in the sand?
Well thats why I'm off to Oz for the beaches
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Seriously
Oh, I have to add something here so 'Good luck!'

Well - thanks for a non abusive comment.
and thanks for your good wishes, which I take in the manner they were given.

Nevertheless I am content to carry my views and not yours.
I am not whinging, and I am not selling my house at any inflated price- just the opposite I am selling it for what it is "worth" which by your definition is what somebody is prepared to pay. I may get less than was anticipated a few months ago - I may get more than I would if I waited a few months, but the fact is I am selling now,and at my advanced age have got far more exciting and important things to concentrate on than arguing at any further length about what might be happening or going to happen in the housing market.
Like which removal quote to accept, which airline to fly with, how to get our luggage on the plane which car to buy and other capitalist decisions That is what many join this BritishExpats chat group to chat about.

No I haven't got my head in the sand just my feet firmly planted in it, stubby in one hand and suncream in the other - now where's that pizza Possoms?

Last edited by Paylia; Jun 23rd 2005 at 8:23 am. Reason: edited to spell Possoms correctly!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Paylia
Well - thanks for a non abusive comment.
and thanks for your good wishes, which I take in the manner they were given.

Nevertheless I am content to carry my views and not yours.
I am not whinging, and I am not selling my house at any inflated price- just the opposite I am selling it for what it is "worth" which by your definition is what somebody is prepared to pay. I may get less than was anticipated a few months ago - I may get more than I would if I waited a few months, but the fact is I am selling now,and at my advanced age have got far more exciting and important things to concentrate on than arguing at any further length about what might be happening or going to happen in the housing market.
Like which removal quote to accept, which airline to fly with, how to get our luggage on the plane which car to buy and other capitalist decisions That is what many join this BritishExpats chat group to chat about.

No I haven't got my head in the sand just my feet firmly planted in it, stubby in one hand and suncream in the other - now where's that pizza Possoms?
Bravo have a slice of my Hawiian
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Bravo have a slice of my Hawiian

can I have a slice with pineapple on it?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Paylia
can I have a slice with pineapple on it?
Sure you can
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sure you can

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 11:09 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Our buyers sent their surveyor round yesterday for their mortgage offer.
He said he found no problems.
Can someone tell me if this is the only survey required because he was here less than 20 mins.
Oh my god.... our surveyor came round yesterday and he was here 1hr 15 mins
Said there were no probs but to check the boiler is ok cos its old....
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 11:37 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

to all the people from HPC (as they call themselves) who are coming here to bi**h just get a life that is what we are trying to do. i don't stand to make much from the sale of my property but i am still willing to pull out all the stops for a 1st time buyer we have lowered the value by 5000 and we are offering £500 towards legal costs as i know the cost of this came as abit of a shock too us when we bought our house. we are also leaving all our white goods again having to purchase these items gets expensive 1st time round we can't take them with us so why not let some else benefit from them. when i get to Sydney i won't be able to afford to purchase a property as i won't get enough from the sale of my house here to do that but the idea of a better quality of life for my 18mth old son is more of a factor than being able to own my own property. i come on here to get constructive advice and a friendly ear when it is needed during the long process of getting visas, selling house, sorting out shipping quotes, having to cope with the emotional blackmail from family that i am taking thomas away from them and that he won't remember them like i don't already feel guilty enough. i don't know what more i can do to sell my house but i am not willing to give it away. luckily i may be in the position to hold onto my house for 3 years with the help of my mum but not everyone is so lucky so just go and collate your information and shove it where the sun don't shine as most of the people on here feel the same as me and are sick of your whingeing.

Sorry to go on but i have been watching this post for a few days and it was really starting to annoy me and i felt i had to get my feelings off my chest.

poshrice
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poshrice
to all the people from HPC (as they call themselves) who are coming here to bi**h just get a life that is what we are trying to do. i don't stand to make much from the sale of my property but i am still willing to pull out all the stops for a 1st time buyer we have lowered the value by 5000 and we are offering £500 towards legal costs as i know the cost of this came as abit of a shock too us when we bought our house. we are also leaving all our white goods again having to purchase these items gets expensive 1st time round we can't take them with us so why not let some else benefit from them. when i get to Sydney i won't be able to afford to purchase a property as i won't get enough from the sale of my house here to do that but the idea of a better quality of life for my 18mth old son is more of a factor than being able to own my own property. i come on here to get constructive advice and a friendly ear when it is needed during the long process of getting visas, selling house, sorting out shipping quotes, having to cope with the emotional blackmail from family that i am taking thomas away from them and that he won't remember them like i don't already feel guilty enough. i don't know what more i can do to sell my house but i am not willing to give it away. luckily i may be in the position to hold onto my house for 3 years with the help of my mum but not everyone is so lucky so just go and collate your information and shove it where the sun don't shine as most of the people on here feel the same as me and are sick of your whingeing.

Sorry to go on but i have been watching this post for a few days and it was really starting to annoy me and i felt i had to get my feelings off my chest.

poshrice

Yep know just what you mean
Go for it Poshrice - you will only regret what you dON'T do not what you do do
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:11 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Closing date today at 12:00pm. Last night was a busy night for us, we had a couple come around were very impressed. We had second viewings from people that never made an appointment. Looks like we may even get offered 20% over the asking price. Are these people crazy?
Anyway I let you all know the out come...
Jim
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Glad to see this thread still rolling along.

Just returned from g'daay Assstraaaliaaa - they say it looong to make sure you get it Oz is big

Had two fantastic months of fun and friends. Managed to sell off what was left of property investments in Oz.

Folks ----- things are G-R-I-M down under just now !!!

If the Oz property market is anything to go by, hold on to your hats - there is property in Sydney that dropped 25% since I was there last year :scared:

major falls in Melbourne as well.

Perth prices are flat to falling.

Interest rates nearly 8%.

On top of all the property doom and gloom, the Aussie cricket and Rugby team are looking G-O-O-D

Get the best price you can for your property in UK, The more money you take, the more house you get on the other end.

search www.somersoft.com for good info on property market trends in Oz.

rent's in Oz have hardly risen in 5 years, best tip - stick cash in the bank and rent - if you do not get the cash for the house in UK.

Anyone wanting to sell in the East Anglia area - send me a PM
Old Jun 24th 2005, 6:30 am
Just Joined

shockerbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by odaat
Glad to see this thread still rolling along.

Just returned from g'daay Assstraaaliaaa - they say it looong to make sure you get it Oz is big

Had two fantastic months of fun and friends. Managed to sell off what was left of property investments in Oz.

Folks ----- things are G-R-I-M down under just now !!!

If the Oz property market is anything to go by, hold on to your hats - there is property in Sydney that dropped 25% since I was there last year :scared:

major falls in Melbourne as well.

Perth prices are flat to falling.

Interest rates nearly 8%.

On top of all the property doom and gloom, the Aussie cricket and Rugby team are looking G-O-O-D

Get the best price you can for your property in UK, The more money you take, the more house you get on the other end.

search www.somersoft.com for good info on property market trends in Oz.

rent's in Oz have hardly risen in 5 years, best tip - stick cash in the bank and rent - if you do not get the cash for the house in UK.

Anyone wanting to sell in the East Anglia area - send me a PM
I guess the best advice to sellers here in the UK is to sell as soon as for a realistic price before we also see the falls of 25% right here in the UK. :scared:
Old Jun 24th 2005, 6:41 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Well our wee flat is sold. Accepted offer today, 20% more than asking price. So we are both on high at the moment. aaahhhh..........another mountain climbed many more to go.
Jim
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:43 am
Just Joined

shockerbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Well our wee flat is sold. Accepted offer today, 20% more than asking price. So we are both on high at the moment. aaahhhh..........another mountain climbed many more to go.
Jim
Well done. You now have the offer, lets see if it completes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.