Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Wikiposts

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:58 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I went onto the link on post No:396. Obviously posted by some troll over on the other website. Nothing to do with emigrating. Just a bunch of people wittering on about the price crash etc. The one who originally posted about me is an economics graduate or something. His degree done him wonders if the best he can manage is to sit and slag people off who he doesn't even know, over the internet.

Well, at least I gave the sad gits something to chunter about

Tracey.
I wouldn't worry about this sort of post. In fact I revel in them. There are several people who only ever post on here to slag us off re the housing market for wanting the best price etc. Maybe they are first time buyers trying to spread doom and gloom to make the market crash or maybe they sold up and moved to Aus a few years ago and didn't make the gains many of us are.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
sorry bit thick but how do I get to post no 396

would like to see this
It's on this thread, just scroll up to 396, posted by Gertrude and just click on the web address/link thingy that they pasted and it'll take you to the other website. There's 2 threads going on about people from on here, mainly me

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I wouldn't worry about this sort of post. In fact I revel in them. There are several people who only ever post on here to slag us off re the housing market for wanting the best price etc. Maybe they are first time buyers trying to spread doom and gloom to make the market crash or maybe they sold up and moved to Aus a few years ago and didn't make the gains many of us are.

I know. It just makes me mad sometimes when you read loads of negative stuff. To be that abusive though is just sick and really pees me off. Am trying not to let it get to me though . It just doesn't seem to be my week this week

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
My post was aimed at the person who put the link up for me to read and whoever else lurks on here from that site to be honest. Was going to post something over there but cant be bothered getting into a stupid debate with the cretins on there.
They are obviously following this thread so will get my message.

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:20 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

enough said on those low lives - I thought they had gone and died a death in their little black hole.

Anyway, for those with houses on the market the latest minutes from the BoE shows that there were 2 who voted for a rates cut and the rest voted for no change - which surprised analysts as 1 voted for a rise 8 no change last month.

full article

Maybe a cut will be coming sooner than previously thought and hopefully give buyers out there more confidence
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by walaj
enough said on those low lives - I thought they had gone and died a death in their little black hole.

Anyway, for those with houses on the market the latest minutes from the BoE shows that there were 2 who voted for a rates cut and the rest voted for no change - which surprised analysts as 1 voted for a rise 8 no change last month.

full article

Maybe a cut will be coming sooner than previously thought and hopefully give buyers out there more confidence
Can only be good news.

Change of subject entirely, but looking at your avatar does that mean you are going to have a new addition soon?

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:31 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Can only be good news.

Change of subject entirely, but looking at your avatar does that mean you are going to have a new addition soon?

Tracey
No - she was born last December
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Oh dear another one from "housepricecrash.com " .
Just looked over on your site and glad to see I kept your little minds occupied for a while .
Registered to give my side of the story and then decided not to bother. Thought wtf don't give a damn what any of you think anyway. You don't know me or anything about my situation. I do work and am not sat on my lazy ass wanting somebody else to pay for my future. I will continue to work (as I always have) when I get over there.
And as for whichever sicko posted this about me

"fvck her and all like her.

hopefully another one for the pyre

Burn baby burn. "

You want to get a life.

Tracey.

Well said Tracey
We too have worked all our adult lives and have just retired having never had a days unemployment, nor drawn any state benefits, ever. We have lived in this house for 29 years and it represents our life savings and not some unjustified nest-egg of which the trolls are so critical.
As most here are aware and sympathetic to we need some capital in order to purchase a home wherever we live - whether it be in this country - or in Oz as is our choice.
We are aware of the position of young first time buyers and how difficult it is for them - we have four of our own and three of them have managed to get on the bottom of the housing ladder. They share our work/reward based ethic and though it is tough for them at times they are in fact better placed than we were when we first started out.
But the trolls will counter all this with further vitriolic and often vulgar innuendos.
Nobody wants to sell their house for less than it is "worth" - but it is worth different amounts to different people - that is a fact.
The posters on Housepricecrash. com seem to have a specific aim in view and that is to create or encourage a downward spiral in house prices. Anybody who disagrees with them gets slagged off for "being a greedy cow".
I suspect this means they are mainly struggling to get on the housing ladder themselves and as such are not really of much importance to those of us who are further up the ladder for whatever reason. The fact that they get so upset about it all probably means that they would ultimately like to join us - which in itself is encouraging and probably means that the demand will continue in the foreseeable future despite them.
I realise that a lot of this is generalisation - but not more so than their comments about us - except my comments are general and not specific abuse at individuals which is inexcusable in a civilised society.
Tracey - more K coming your way

Now wait for the eruption from the HPC.com "intelligentsia"
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me too

House been up for sale almost a year - loads of timewasters and the general people with nothing to do on a Sunday. Dropped £10k and still no movement, new kitchen, new central heating, new flooring same price and yes still no offers or viewers.

Be 1 year in July - were told the house is easily within the asking price especially after the updates - some viewers would be nice about now (potential buyers that is....) - top it off got to be in OZ in Nov.......
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Now wait for the eruption from the HPC.com "intelligentsia"[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will come .

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by walaj
No - she was born last December
Well, belated congratulations

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Count me too

House been up for sale almost a year - loads of timewasters and the general people with nothing to do on a Sunday. Dropped £10k and still no movement, new kitchen, new central heating, new flooring same price and yes still no offers or viewers.

Be 1 year in July - were told the house is easily within the asking price especially after the updates - some viewers would be nice about now (potential buyers that is....) - top it off got to be in OZ in Nov.......

Good luck with it all.
Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

shockerbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paylia
Well said Tracey
We too have worked all our adult lives and have just retired having never had a days unemployment, nor drawn any state benefits, ever. We have lived in this house for 29 years and it represents our life savings and not some unjustified nest-egg of which the trolls are so critical.
As most here are aware and sympathetic to we need some capital in order to purchase a home wherever we live - whether it be in this country - or in Oz as is our choice.
We are aware of the position of young first time buyers and how difficult it is for them - we have four of our own and three of them have managed to get on the bottom of the housing ladder. They share our work/reward based ethic and though it is tough for them at times they are in fact better placed than we were when we first started out.
But the trolls will counter all this with further vitriolic and often vulgar innuendos.
Nobody wants to sell their house for less than it is "worth" - but it is worth different amounts to different people - that is a fact.
The posters on Housepricecrash. com seem to have a specific aim in view and that is to create or encourage a downward spiral in house prices. Anybody who disagrees with them gets slagged off for "being a greedy cow".
I suspect this means they are mainly struggling to get on the housing ladder themselves and as such are not really of much importance to those of us who are further up the ladder for whatever reason. The fact that they get so upset about it all probably means that they would ultimately like to join us - which in itself is encouraging and probably means that the demand will continue in the foreseeable future despite them.
I realise that a lot of this is generalisation - but not more so than their comments about us - except my comments are general and not specific abuse at individuals which is inexcusable in a civilised society.
Tracey - more K coming your way

Now wait for the eruption from the HPC.com "intelligentsia"
I hear you boys are running a bit low on the old special 'K', well heres a free crate of the special stuff from all the guys at www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

gilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paylia
I suspect this means they are mainly struggling to get on the housing ladder themselves and as such are not really of much importance to those of us who are further up the ladder for whatever reason.
Far from it, I was actually able to do something you haven't, sell my house. I was on the ladder for some time but decided to get off.

I think you will find that we are very important to you further up the ladder.

Good luck with the house sale by the way.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gilf
Far from it, I was actually able to do something you haven't, sell my house. I was on the ladder for some time but decided to get off.

I think you will find that we are very important to you further up the ladder.

Good luck with the house sale by the way.

our properties are up for sale at 'offers around' the price they were VALUED at.

out of interest did you put yours on the market for the valued price or cut it by half to let first time buyers have it??

interested in what your forum is taking about really many young people cant afford a mortgage of 70k the properties around here are on average 230k do you really suggest that we drop the price to for example 70k for first time buyers??

You all say we are greedy but if we dropped to a riddiclus price as above we would not be able to afford to buy our next property.

get real the properties in the range that we are selling are being bought by people with money not first time buyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.