Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 25th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
He's not doing too bad now he's got stuck into it. Most of the longest wall is done, so if he keeps going maybe it could all get finished today. Mind you I am an optimist! If not I am hoping he will finish it tomorrow.

I have packed 2 boxes of my cross stitch stuff so far. That includes 86 kits not done, loads of charts and 40 pictures I have done that need framing! I have kept half a dozen kits out so I don't get too bored, when I'm not painting, cleaning, ironing or packing.

I have to keep coming and typing up lists, so I have to have 10 mins on BE too.

How long is your in Germany for? Leave that chocolate alone now, you'll not want your tea.

OK off to fill another box before I need to peel veggies for tea
Blimey - 86 kits not done !! You obviously like your xstitch and are planning some free time in Oz !

Hubby is back late tonight and I'm off out for a meal with my dad. Problem is it's not til 8pm and I usually eat tea at 4pm !! Am hungry, can't eat tea as having meal so nibble instead. Perhaps I'll have some cheese on toast to help me last out !

Well, I've finished the statement - just have to speak ever so nicely to our solicitor friend, maybe invite him and the family over for a meal !!

Does anyone know if I can complete all the details on each page and he just sign ? Or does it all have to be in his writing ?

Heather
Old Jun 25th 2005, 6:45 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Blimey - 86 kits not done !! You obviously like your xstitch and are planning some free time in Oz !

Hubby is back late tonight and I'm off out for a meal with my dad. Problem is it's not til 8pm and I usually eat tea at 4pm !! Am hungry, can't eat tea as having meal so nibble instead. Perhaps I'll have some cheese on toast to help me last out !

Well, I've finished the statement - just have to speak ever so nicely to our solicitor friend, maybe invite him and the family over for a meal !!

Does anyone know if I can complete all the details on each page and he just sign ? Or does it all have to be in his writing ?

Heather
Enjoy your meal out Heather, unfortunately I dont know about the signing stuff, sorr.

Most of the tiling has been done, but he has run out of adhesive so has gone fishing!! We are going out 1st thing to get some more though so he can crack on with it tomorrow. Yay, it may get done before christmas at this rate.

Some of my kits I have had over 10 years, and I figure if I can't afford to buy any more I will have enough to keep me occupied for the next 30 years ish. I have got 3 on the go at the minute, bit naughty really. But it does stop me eating, you can't eat and sew otherwise you would stab yourself!

Anyway, back to my boxes, want to get another couple done before Casualty is on.

See ya's later

Shirley
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thanks Sarah - it was lovely to lose even a pound knowing the up's and downs i've had this week! It also broke the 12 stone barrier which was the best bit!!!!! Hope I can keep it up - have now lost a total of 12 pounds in 5 weeks on SS so seems to be working for me this time.

Its strange being back at my mums - me marc and poppy the dog all squashed into my tiny bedroom I was brought up in - we spent time today making it all roomy. Glad I bought my laptop now so I can still keep up with B-Expats!!!

What stage are you at Sarah with your move - do you still have a house to sell? Where are you off to again?

Lynn

Lynn, you are doing so well on your diet and passing the 12 stone mark so quickly.

Theresa
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
Have had severe withdrawal symptoms! Broadband was down in our village for the last 3 days so haven't been able to get a dose of Expats!
Binbird
OH MY GOD !!!!! That's terrible........glad you got through it okay.
Theresa
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Heather
Do you mean the statutory declaration? As far as I can remember we printed it all out and the solicitor glanced over it, signed and dated at the end. Thank goodness it was only a fiver. Some places charge quite a lot.

Theresa
Old Jun 26th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Do you mean the statutory declaration? As far as I can remember we printed it all out and the solicitor glanced over it, signed and dated at the end. Thank goodness it was only a fiver. Some places charge quite a lot.

Theresa
No - all of it !! The 60 or so pages of employer statements I've had to collate. Managed to speak to my friend today and he's more than happy to help us out. He has an 'official' stamp which has all details on and he then just has to sign. He is a love. Friends can be useful sometimes !!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:09 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gals,
Was a bit naughty yesterday, well quite a lot naughty really. The daughter in laws (Rach and I) decided to take Andrew's mum on a girlie day out as part of her 60th pressies. We took her into Cardiff had a drink in the pub and then took her ice skating (her choice, lol) then had a trip down the river to Cardiff Bay. There we went into another pub and shared a bottle of wine, after that we went for an Italian (I filled my tummy big time) and then we went back to the pub for another bottle of wine. It was on half a lager and two large glasses of wine in total but I ate way too much food. I don't think I'm going to break that all important 10st barrier this week.
Good luck all, hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

No - all of it !! The 60 or so pages of employer statements I've had to collate. Managed to speak to my friend today and he's more than happy to help us out. He has an 'official' stamp which has all details on and he then just has to sign. He is a love. Friends can be useful sometimes !!

In our case, don't remember Steve having to sign anything with regards to employer statements.

Best of luck, Theresa

Last edited by hooperhome; Jun 26th 2005 at 5:01 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

In our case, don't remember Steve having to sign anything with regards to employer statements.

Best of luck, Theresa
Because Paul has never done any formal training, all on the job, he has to have a statement from all of his past employers (and there are a lot) to prove that is a bricklayer. Each statement is at least three pages long.

How's the decorating going ? Bit warm today for it. We've been finishing off the garden and clearing out the playhouse. Paul brought me back chocies from Germany and I've polished them off along with curry and pizza for tea !! Still, managed to fit in a gym class - just need to stop eating now !
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Because Paul has never done any formal training, all on the job, he has to have a statement from all of his past employers (and there are a lot) to prove that is a bricklayer. Each statement is at least three pages long.

How's the decorating going ? Bit warm today for it. We've been finishing off the garden and clearing out the playhouse. Paul brought me back chocies from Germany and I've polished them off along with curry and pizza for tea !! Still, managed to fit in a gym class - just need to stop eating now !
Hope you get it sorted soon, it really is the hardest part of the visa application, such a headache to put together. I was quite shocked at how straight forward the main application was.

We have finished stripping the bedroom, need to rub down the paintwork and fill in a few holes here and there where re-wiring has been done. Plasterer is coming this week, probably Thursday. We are then painting the room, carpet fitter is booked in for next Monday.

Then we have 4 estate agents booked for valuations for next Tuesday. I just hope that the house won't be too difficult to sell. When I asked an agent on Saturday about the housing market he said it isn't good!!! :scared:

We are also speaking to the business agent today to tell them to get a move on even if it means dropping the price. Need to sell asap.

Have a good day everyone
Theresa
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Girls I am sorry that I haven't been on but I have had to tie up some loose ends on the degree side and stuff. We had to go in last week, the idiot made us all go in to do exit reviews but I am here now.
Right girls make me do it, I have only 3 weeks to go until my graduation and 5 weeks to go till I see my Migration Agent.
I need motivating!

Thanks for sticking with me and I hope everyone is ok. I am going back to weight watchers on Wed so I will see if I have lost anything.

Speak to you soon
Love Lace x
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:23 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

How is everyone? Busy, busy, busy?

Today I have paid some bills, sent some cards, done some washing and ironing, done some tidying, dotted the i's and crosed the t's in my portfolio, done lots of typing of contextual statements, fed some children, and looked after my oldest who was up from 4.30am being sick!!!

It has been a gorgeous day here and I haven't had time to enjoy it. Oh well, tomorrow I tackle the grouting. If you want a job done ........

On a different note altogether, Steve rang me earlier and told me of a guy he has been working with recently. This guy has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He is around our age (40 ish) and it gave Steve a bit of a wake up call really. I said to him well you don't know what is around the corner do you? A neighbour died a few weeks ago, he was only 53 and had a heart attack. Then there is Richard Whitely, 61 but large as life, I remember him being on Calendar from being knee high to a grasshopper (Yorkshire lass me), suddenly he is dead.

Anyway, upshot is he is not umming and aahing anymore, he is going to get that form in hte post as soon as he possibly can, it is full steam ahead with the application, cos (like I keep telling him) you only get one shot at this life.

Carpe diem boys and girls, carpe diem.

And with that note I am off to find something useful to do!

Have a good evening

Shirley

Just tried to karma you all and, apart from jim, have failed. Have been spreading it around but it wants me to do more. sorry girls

Last edited by ub40fan; Jun 27th 2005 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ub40fan
On a different note altogether, Steve rang me earlier and told me of a guy he has been working with recently. This guy has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He is around our age (40 ish) and it gave Steve a bit of a wake up call really. I said to him well you don't know what is around the corner do you? A neighbour died a few weeks ago, he was only 53 and had a heart attack. Then there is Richard Whitely, 61 but large as life, I remember him being on Calendar from being knee high to a grasshopper (Yorkshire lass me), suddenly he is dead.

Anyway, upshot is he is not umming and aahing anymore, he is going to get that form in hte post as soon as he possibly can, it is full steam ahead with the application, cos (like I keep telling him) you only get one shot at this life.

Shirley

Hi Shirley
Following on from what you have said, it has been instances like you mentioned that gave us the final push.

What stage are you at with your application?

Theresa
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:29 am
Where I want to be

Hi Shirley
Following on from what you have said, it has been instances like you mentioned that gave us the final push.

What stage are you at with your application?

Theresa
We got the positive result from the ACS, which I was over the moon with, hubby not so much. His family just don't show enthusiasm for ANYTHING!!

He got promotion and a good payrise on the 1st of April, but we only found out how much a couple of weeks ago. Since he had it in black and white he has gone a bit quiet really. We have had a few conversations about it, and upshot was he wasn't sure if he really wanted to do it anymore because for the first time in years we were really comfortable.

We have the application mostly filled in but are waiting for Form 40, a copy of his sisters birth certificate and her Australian citizenship before we can send it off. He was quite happy to wait and wait for the forms to come, it gave him a bit of breathing space.

After yesterday he is positive he wants to go, he still worries about getting a job and somewhere to live, but like he says he left the army after 22 years and things worked out ok so there is no reason why they shouldn't now.

The main application should be going in in the next couple of weeks.

Then he really needs to get on and finish that tiling!!!! And then I have a list of other jobs for him. Whatever happens we would like to move this time next year anyway.

See you's later

Shirley
Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:10 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have found the courage to return to our thread! My need to post on this thread is even greater than my need to read the expats site!

I have fallen into bad habits lately and that on top of time of the month meant that I was too scared to stand on the scales on my usual weigh in day. So, 2 days late and I now know that I have put on a pound. It was probably more like 3-4 over the weekend but I had to have a couple of "good" days before I could brave the scales!

I really need your support again now or I can see that the 9 pounds I lost to get down to a weight I am happy with will slowly start to creep back on. So, how are you all doing?

Binbird (feeling the strain!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.