Dieter's for OZ

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi GUYS
We are new to this site anyway we are suffering the same pfoblem bloody overweight how important is this for your medicals we are due to get them in about 2/3 months according to agent already passed vetassess(139)
thanks in advance
vicki & billy
Hi Vicki and Billy

This question often comes up on this forum and to be honest the weight is not a problem, it is the problems that weight can cause which may complicate a medical, eg high blood pressure or diabetes. Even then it does not mean that you fail the medical but there may be follow up tests or you may have to enter Aus within 6 months instead of 12.

Do you know your BMI?

Theresa
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:33 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GUYS
We are new to this site anyway we are suffering the same pfoblem bloody overweight how important is this for your medicals we are due to get them in about 2/3 months according to agent already passed vetassess(139)
thanks in advance
vicki & billy
Hi

Welcome to you both, to the site and to this thread.

People on here are most helpful and friendly. As Theresa said the weight in itself is not that big a problem, I think your BMI should be under 30, someone will know if I am wrong.

Shirley
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
Today I'm really excited as the last employer statement we were waiting for landed on our doorstep. All I now need to do is make the copies, get them certified then off to the agent for onward transmission (if they're complete) to the TRA. I know it's only the first stage but it's taken us since Jan 2004 to get this far !!
Hiya Chick,
I know what this is like. From the time we decided to emigrate it took us nearly a year to get all our evidence (as we are not married) together and to get Andrew to agree to his ex wife being contacted. Well worth the time spent on getting things right as we sailed through our visa application.
Good luck with the rest of your application.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Chick,
I know what this is like. From the time we decided to emigrate it took us nearly a year to get all our evidence (as we are not married) together and to get Andrew to agree to his ex wife being contacted. Well worth the time spent on getting things right as we sailed through our visa application.
Good luck with the rest of your application.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Thanks Sarah - the thing is, up until now, hubby has been the delay so I could nag him - can't quite do the same with TRA !!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi

Welcome to you both, to the site and to this thread.

People on here are most helpful and friendly. As Theresa said the weight in itself is not that big a problem, I think your BMI should be under 30, someone will know if I am wrong.

Shirley
Hi Shirley
thanks for your info, of course like everyone else we want to lose weight for ourselves first and yes for oz as well we are just a bit excited as we have passed Vetassess and our agent waited until he got all the info from ourselves and sponsor before lodging them with DIMIA which he has now done and DIMIA have taken there money so i guess we just join lots of people and be patient
vicki & billy
Old Jul 4th 2005, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Good morning all

Well, it's the start of another week, a good one I hope. Had a really busy weekend.

Friday night was the girlie night, didn't drink much wine but food was home-made quiche and salad.

Saturday night drank quite a bit of wine while watching Live8.

Sunday was the Bristol meet-up, had cheesy chips at the pub and then McDonalds on the way home, oops!

Heather, it was a really good meet-up wasn't it. Can't believe our girls got on so well, like they had known each other for years. Will email you later about getting them together.

Anyway, when we got back from meet-up, we had to prepare our bedroom for plasterer coming today so spent couple of hours scraping ceiling and filling in holes in the wall from re-wiring. Only a week till house goes on the market.

Hope everyone is okay
Theresa
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:03 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hurray - I am back on the straight and narrow - weighed in at 9 stone 1 pound this morning! Feeling really focussed again so long may it last! And I have actually done three nights worth of abdominal muscle exercises so I'll be looking as fit as Ulrika soon hopefully!!! I haven't got a target weight loss (other than maintaining what I have lost) so my new goal is to do these exercises on a daily basis.

Sounds like you had a good meet yesterday Heather and Theresa - I am disappointed we couldn't make it but my anniversary had to take precedence. We had a lovely day too.

Hope you get your TRA in the post soon Heather and you get the ok you want quickly. . . .

And Sarah, hope that exchange is this week. (I haven't missed it have I?!)

And everyone else, have a good week.

Take care

Binbird
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:42 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dieters for oz,
Dipped into this thread several times as I have a permanently expanding waistline and an addiction to diet books that I read and decide cant do cos I refuse to cook 2 meals on a night and exercise dvds that I just never do. But this morning I am hovering on the 11 stone mark and I never weighed that at 42 weeks pregnant cos Im only a short a**e. So I need your support and you all seem like a friendly bunch, not going to recommend that I eat dust or anything.

I am a nurse and work 4 nights a week on the bank to fit in with the kids and I tell myself lies like its cos I eat when my body wants to sleep and visa versa, but the honest truth is (deep breath) Im greedy, there I've said it. I stopped the gym in March cos I had to give 4 months notice and we thought we'd be in oz by now, fools that we are but I do run sporadically (just recovered from a knee injury after my 2nd session on my new trampette thingy) and not when its snowy or raining, hense new trampette thingy.

I'm going to try and only eat when I'm hungry and stop when full (got that from Paul Mckenna cd) and fill my diet plate (another waste of money) with more than half vegies or salad and stop baking brownies and cakes. Also going to revisit GL diet books. Ive had 2 kiwis and a pot of natural yoghurt and 2 mugs of tea for brekkie so its a good start, and Im gonna force myself to go out and run in the rain cos I wont get chance again till wednesday.

From what I've read on this thread you've all done really well so I hope some weight loss magic rubs off on me. Right Im getting off my fat botty now. Mel x

Last edited by meljor; Jul 4th 2005 at 9:45 am.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meljor
Hi dieters for oz,
Dipped into this thread several times as I have a permanently expanding waistline and an addiction to diet books that I read and decide cant do cos I refuse to cook 2 meals on a night and exercise dvds that I just never do. But this morning I am hovering on the 11 stone mark and I never weighed that at 42 weeks pregnant cos Im only a short a**e. So I need your support and you all seem like a friendly bunch, not going to recommend that I eat dust or anything.

I am a nurse and work 4 nights a week on the bank to fit in with the kids and I tell myself lies like its cos I eat when my body wants to sleep and visa versa, but the honest truth is (deep breath) Im greedy, there I've said it. I stopped the gym in March cos I had to give 4 months notice and we thought we'd be in oz by now, fools that we are but I do run sporadically (just recovered from a knee injury after my 2nd session on my new trampette thingy) and not when its snowy or raining.

I'm going to try and only eat when I'm hungry and stop when full (got that from Paul Mckenna cd) and fill my diet plate (another waste of money) with more than half vegies or salad and stop baking brownies and cakes. Also going to revisit GL diet books. Ive had 2 kiwis and a pot of natural yoghurt and 2 mugs of tea for brekkie so its a good start, and Im gonna forse myself to go out and run in the rain cos I wont get chance again till wednesday.

From what I've read on this thread you've all done really well so I hope some weight loss magic rubs off on me. Right Im getting off my fat botty now. Mel x
Hi there Mel
Welcome to our little group, yes it is very friendly on here. We are all here for each other to offer support and guidance if required.

What we tend to do is post our weigh-in on a weekly basis or total loss/gain.
I find personally to announce my achievements or disappointments tends to keep me in gear most of the time, so I do like that part of it.

As you have probably noticed we also talk a lot about day-to-day stuff, family, work, emigration process, all the stresses and strains that can have a massive effect on how you are eating.

It' a bit like a drop-in centre !!! Ha,ha
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi there Mel
Welcome to our little group, yes it is very friendly on here. We are all here for each other to offer support and guidance if required.

What we tend to do is post our weigh-in on a weekly basis or total loss/gain.
I find personally to announce my achievements or disappointments tends to keep me in gear most of the time, so I do like that part of it.

As you have probably noticed we also talk a lot about day-to-day stuff, family, work, emigration process, all the stresses and strains that can have a massive effect on how you are eating.

It' a bit like a drop-in centre !!! Ha,ha
Hi Mel
i am new to this group as well and they do seem a friendly bunch i am just back from my morning walk and i am getting used to it now my mp3 player does help i am expecting our medicals in about 2 months time so by then i hope to be a lot lighter????? ha ha anyway just keep focused i,m sure you can do it
Vicki & billy
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel
i am new to this group as well and they do seem a friendly bunch i am just back from my morning walk and i am getting used to it now my mp3 player does help i am expecting our medicals in about 2 months time so by then i hope to be a lot lighter????? ha ha anyway just keep focused i,m sure you can do it
Vicki & billy
Just got back from my run, 6 laps of my local community field (dont know how far that is hubby is going to take his bike and gadget and work it out for me tonight, but feel good need some healthy, yummy, low fat food now cant decide what to have.

Vicky and Billy - Yes music helps I go out with my ipod, Im into the beachboys at the mo. Are you both dieting? Have you booked meds yet? They aren't as scary as you think they will be Yum Yum carrot sticks
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:51 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Welcome to Mel - running 6 laps! take my hat off to you, I hate running, but have said I will do the Race for Life next year, so I will need to start soon. Aaaah. :scared:

I have just been to the gym for the first time in 3 weeks, my blisters have all healed ok, still a bit reddish though, and a few layers of skin have gone, but they aren't sore. And I enjoyed it, which means I was kicking myself for not getting there before now.

Ooh my new washing machine is here back later. Unfortunately hubby is out at a black tie dinner tonight and so it won't be plumbed in till Tuesday. It's a 1600 spin, with a 7.5 kg capacity. Is it sad to be excited about that?, that and the fact that this one will spin everytime and not just when it wants to!

Well, my bathroom is now fully tiled! There is still grouting that needs doing but I might just do some of that myself. Then I have to paint the skirtingboards in there, but at least the tiles are up, it only took 3 months in the end.

My boys took part in a junior fishing match yesterday, it was guaranteed that one of them would win, sadly not because they are fantastic, but because they were the only two to turn up!!! The younger one beat the older one, which did his self esteem no end of good as his older brother beats him at everything else, computer games, sports, school stuff. He had the biggest grin when he came home, it was lovely.

See you all later, off to do some grouting!

Shirley

Last edited by ub40fan; Jul 4th 2005 at 1:04 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys

Welcome to Mel - running 6 laps! take my hat off to you, I hate running, but have said I will do the Race for Life next year, so I will need to start soon. Aaaah. :scared:

I have just been to the gym for the first time in 3 weeks, my blisters have all healed ok, still a bit reddish though, and a few layers of skin have gone, but they aren't sore. And I enjoyed it, which means I wa kicking myself for not getting there before now.

Ooh my new washing machine is here back later

Wow, Shirley you really have suffered with your feet haven't you. 3 weeks to heal !!! So, you are back at the gym, well done.

A new washing machine...did your old one break down or was it time for renewal. I thought mine had packed in a couple of weeks ago, water wouldn't drain away. You know everything breaks just before you go to Aus. Anyway called the man out and apparently the pipe had gone down too far into the drain, problem sorted for £22. The machine is only a couple of years old so didn't really want to have to buy a new one.

Theresa
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:07 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Wow, Shirley you really have suffered with your feet haven't you. 3 weeks to heal !!! So, you are back at the gym, well done.

A new washing machine...did your old one break down or was it time for renewal. I thought mine had packed in a couple of weeks ago, water wouldn't drain away. You know everything breaks just before you go to Aus. Anyway called the man out and apparently the pipe had gone down too far into the drain, problem sorted for £22. The machine is only a couple of years old so didn't really want to have to buy a new one.

Theresa
Hi Theresa, just added to the post. The machine I have is 8 years old, spins when it feels like it and has been making some very strange noises. Also I have noticed lately that it is not washing the same, sometimes I have to put things in twice! I always pre treat stains too so I think it was past its best really. Bit disappointed though, I got an Indesit because I thought it would be as good as the dishwasher (which is now 13 1/2 years old) but it wasn't to be.

I wasn't going to buy a new one, but I noticed on a thread about 10 days ago that they can be just the same price or more in oz, so I thought I might as well get one now.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meljor
Just got back from my run, 6 laps of my local community field (dont know how far that is hubby is going to take his bike and gadget and work it out for me tonight, but feel good need some healthy, yummy, low fat food now cant decide what to have.

Vicky and Billy - Yes music helps I go out with my ipod, Im into the beachboys at the mo. Are you both dieting? Have you booked meds yet? They aren't as scary as you think they will be Yum Yum carrot sticks
Hi Meljor
yes we are both dieting mostly through exercise. our agent has advised us not to book medicals or do police checks until they are requested we just have to get used to waiting i guess we are applying for a 139 visa our agent's reckons we should get request in about two months and we should get visa about Xmas/new year time all being well what about you?

Vicki & billy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.