Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:02 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

We will be heading down South on Thursday afternoon - to St Mawes in Cornwall if anyone knows it.

Scampi and chips here I come. . . . .!

At least dreaming of it shouldn't harm my weigh in this week!

See you all in the morning - so to speak!

Binbird
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:43 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Where is everyone today?!

I have to post coz it's my Monday weigh-in. I have put on a pound - 9st 4 lbs. This on top of the fact that we are going to Cornwall on Thursday makes it look as though I will be fighting a losing battle this week. . . .

Really pushed myself at the gym this morning - in the space of one hour I cycled 1km (as a warm up), did 4km on the cross trainer followed by 4km on the treadmill followed by 1000m on the rowing machine. I then went and used the resistance machines so this was an extra 10 minutes exercise. Should be able to make it to the gym again tomorrow and Thursday but then I won't get a chance to go again until Thursday the following week. :scared:

What will one week without exercise and the temptation of all things cornish do to me?! :scared:

How you all doing?

Binbird
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:10 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Managed to stay the same again which i'm happy with as not really been strict with myself the past 3 weeks with being so busy recently - need to get my motivation back to get back on track asap.

Binbird sometime I think excercising puts on weight - I put on if I go to the gym 3 times per week. Maybe you should eat more - you might be putting your body into starvation mode by controlling cals and excercising - if you are exercising a lot you will need to increase your calorie intake a little or you will put on weight or stay the same.

Anyway you are lovely and skinny anyway - a pounds nothing

Lynn
Old Apr 25th 2005, 2:19 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by binbird

I have to post coz it's my Monday weigh-in. I have put on a pound - 9st 4 lbs. This on top of the fact that we are going to Cornwall on Thursday makes it look as though I will be fighting a losing battle this week. . . .

Really pushed myself at the gym this morning - in the space of one hour I cycled 1km (as a warm up), did 4km on the cross trainer followed by 4km on the treadmill followed by 1000m on the rowing machine. I then went and used the resistance machines so this was an extra 10 minutes exercise. Should be able to make it to the gym again tomorrow and Thursday but then I won't get a chance to go again until Thursday the following week. :scared:

What will one week without exercise and the temptation of all things cornish do to me?! :scared:

How you all doing?

Binbird
I agree with Lynn. If you exercise more but don't increase your calorie intake you will stay the same and perhaps even gain weight. Ever thought that your weight gain is due to muscle toning. Oh to be 9st something!!!! A dream I've had since I was a girl, lol. Maybe oneday eh?
Sarah
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

How you all doing?

Binbird
Hello Binbird

My sister is an aerobics teacher and I would never have dreamed that she is nearly the same weight as me, she has a figure that I would die for. My point is that it is not all about weight. What is your goal by the way, are you trying to achieve a certain weight, or a certain dress size or a certain shape? You are obviously very committed with the gym and I don't think you should worry about 1 pound!

Theresa
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Smile Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi everybody

Just wanted to report in after medicals were done today. Doctor was lovely, in fact he was our last doctor before we moved 7 years ago. He was quite thorough with myself and Steve (hubby) but very brief and consoling with the children, he really put them at ease.

So that is it, we have dropped blood tests off ourselves into hospital and the doctor will deal with everything now and send all off to Sydney. Medicals have not yet been requested but are expecting it anytime now.

We stopped off on the way home at a pub for something to eat. I had a jacket potato with tuna and a glass of wine to celebrate another milestone reached.

Not sure how I am doing on the weight side, I decided to keep off the scales until weigh-in day. However when I was at the doctors today I was definitely lower than I expected, I won't say anything now because his scales may have been wrong! (hope not)

Hope everyone is okay, good luck to everybody with their weigh-ins.
Theresa
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:01 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi

Glad that your medicals went smoothly Theresa. Definately deserved a treat on a day like that, I have my after medical treat booked ~ its a curry (with rice umm!)

Binbird, sorry about your 1lb on, aswell as the are you eating enough that the girls mentioned, how are you on your liquard intake, read somewhere that when you exercise seriously that if you do not really step up the liquard intake that it can have a bad effect, and some how toxins build up (get a little hazy remembering this bit) and it hinders the correct burning of your food, and converting body fat to energy, sorry cant remember the whole explanation, but how about looking at your water intake!?

Glad you had a good weekend sarah (teach) accommodation farce sounds like faulty towers

lynn good that you managed to stay the same, especially if you know that you have wandered occassionaly hope you enjoyed it

enjoyed my roast dinner how about yours shirley (ub40fan), did miss the spuds though bordem is getting to me as I have spent yesterday and today thinking about potatoes and chocolate, anyone know receipes for chocolate potatoes (maybe with cream and a bit of wine) :scared:

Hope everyone else is feeling good and that they have a good weigh in this week mines tommorrow

Cheers Nicky
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough

i've been using the Paul McKenna CD and book for 4 weeks now and have lost a stone and have just treated myself to a pair of size 10 jeans (shoe horned in mind!) It was that stubborn stone you get after having two kids that just won't go - after four years on various diets and exercise regimes this has been the only thing thats shifted it. It was weird at first as I am the type of person who thinks about food constantly -whether i am hungry or not. But now it is really easy and I just eat whatever I want as long as I am genuinely hungry and stop when I am full - sounds so simple but does take a bit of getting used to. I listened to it through headphones which I think helps.

Chaley.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:31 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Hi everyone

Good result for your weigh in Lynn

Nice one with the medicals out of the way Theresa

And thank you everyone else for your comments. I'll fill you in a bit about my goals etc:

Before I had children I weighed 9st 4 lbs which was always on the light side for my weight but I could basically eat what I wanted and it made no difference. In retrospect I look on it as the weight that my body was comfortable with me being. While I was in my "having-children-years" I rarely weighed myself as I knew that once the excess baby weight had dropped off me I would be pregnant again. It is only now that my hubby has had the "chop" and I can't dodge the weight thing any more that I have begun to think about me again.

My weight was hovering at just under the 10st mark which, for me, felt heavy, and all my clothes were tight. Although I was settled into a gym routine of going perhaps twice a week I didn't really work very hard at it and I was eating all the "naughty" things that the kids like. And during school holidays etc I just wouldn't get to the gym at all. I felt that if I didn't adjust my diet now and start seriously exercising it would just be the start of my middle aged spread!

So, what i am basically saying is that most of my goals have been achieved and I now need to work on maintaining them which is the hard part. I am very motivated with the gym at the moment, particularly as I am training for a 10km run to raise money through sponsorship for our village playgroup. And I am pleased with what I eat, on the whole, and like we all say, the odd treat doesn't do any harm! It seems a bonus that I have been able to drop a dress size from what I was before children but that is obviously due to the exercise as I was a complete exercise-phobic before I had kids (I just didn't need to exercise). But I still hate my tummy! Stretch marks and flab. . . . . can't seem to do anything about either of them unfortunately. (Barring a tummy tuck maybe!!!)

And my liquid consumption has improved beyond belief - I used to have a drink at breakfast time and a maximum of two other drinks all day. How I survived I don't know! Now I have a glass of orange juice with my breakfast and apart from that I drink a minimum of 2 litres of water a day and have the odd alcoholic drink when I go out or on special occasions.

Just in case you think you are shot of me - I am still going to hound you all on this fantastic thread - it motivates me to stick to the new healthy me!

You've all become good "cyber friends" and it is lovely to be able to share our days and trials and tribulations together. Thank you everyone!

Binbird
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

You've all become good "cyber friends" and it is lovely to be able to share our days and trials and tribulations together. Thank you everyone!

Binbird
Hear, hear !!!
Theresa
Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Binbird - am very proud of you. Well done to all the others too - you all seem to be doing so well I am a tad envious.

I, on the other hand, have lost all motivation. I am good whilst I am in work but when I get home I just stuff everything in sight into my gob. Over the last few weeks I have now gained 5 lbs and am disgusted with myself. I am eating for the sake of eating and not because I'm hungry but I just can't seem to stop. I really don't know what to do. It was so hard to lose that 5lb but gaining it has been easy.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
Well done Binbird - am very proud of you. Well done to all the others too - you all seem to be doing so well I am a tad envious.

I, on the other hand, have lost all motivation. I am good whilst I am in work but when I get home I just stuff everything in sight into my gob. Over the last few weeks I have now gained 5 lbs and am disgusted with myself. I am eating for the sake of eating and not because I'm hungry but I just can't seem to stop. I really don't know what to do. It was so hard to lose that 5lb but gaining it has been easy.
Hi there Ohippy

I know what you mean about the weight jumping back on really quickly, you work so hard to lose it but it is very difficult to maintain.

Dont' feel disgusted with yourself, just start again. Try to overcome your weakness which you say is once you get home from work, how could you help yourself there. Is it the type of foods you are nibbling on or the quantities? Could you amuse yourself with an activity so that you cannot indulge? Have you set yourself any goals or rewards yet to help motivate yourself?

I have sent you some diet karma to help.
Theresa
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

hello all, just wanted to let you know I have just found out possibly why I have stayed the same weight for so long dispite sticking to my diet and excercising like a maniac. I went to the doctors a few weeks ago with general tiredness, general aches my skin was really dry and a few other problems. After various sets of blood tests I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I am booked in to see an endocinologist to see about starting medication but until all options have been explored I am reluctant to go down that road, but I have been told that is the way it is going. I think I'm a bit in denial, even being a nurse didnt prepare me for this.
The doctor informed me that my healthy regime prevented me putting on weight which is one of the effects of hypothyroidism!!!! I have spent the last few days in my own self pity, generally eating huge amounts of food, but today I am back on track I'll be damned if this will beat me. If I have to stay this weight for the rest of my life thats fine, as I have gone from 14st 10lb size 22 to 11st 1lb size 12-14. The other symtoms are a pain but, hey, it could be a lot worse.
Keep going all of you a bit of positive mental attitude will get you there in the end
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:13 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy

Don't lose heart, you've been through an eye op which is bound to set everything off balance. Maybe you are just going through a phase of "Oh my god, I can see what I'm eating!" pmsl. Sorry not taking the mickey, I'm just trying to cheer you up. YOU WILL get back on track, certainly don't be disgusted with yourself. Look how far you have come already.
I find that if I get the dinner on as soon as I'm through the door then get on my bouncer or get the hoover out whilst it's cooking, I'm less likely to shove things in my mouth. We are here for you whatever,

Theresa, glad meds went ok. I was terrified when I went for mine as I'd heard some horror stories. I even bought some bigger knickers in case I had to bend over in front of doc, :scared: He was excellent though, all my proding and poking was done under that paper towel stuff they use. Not once did I have to stand in front of him with all my wobbly bits on show.

Going for lunch with my mum today. Am going to try and be a good girl as Andrew and I are off out for dinner tomorrow evening too as well as shopping in the day. It's my birthday (27th) and we are going to buy my pressie.
What would you prefer a piece of bling, something to wear or a great digital camera that you can record all your wonderful memories on? I want the camera and Andrew doesn't quite understand this.

Hope you all keep having a good week.
Love
Sarah
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:30 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by s/nurse
hello all, just wanted to let you know I have just found out possibly why I have stayed the same weight for so long dispite sticking to my diet and excercising like a maniac. I went to the doctors a few weeks ago with general tiredness, general aches my skin was really dry and a few other problems. After various sets of blood tests I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I am booked in to see an endocinologist to see about starting medication but until all options have been explored I am reluctant to go down that road, but I have been told that is the way it is going. I think I'm a bit in denial, even being a nurse didnt prepare me for this.
The doctor informed me that my healthy regime prevented me putting on weight which is one of the effects of hypothyroidism!!!! I have spent the last few days in my own self pity, generally eating huge amounts of food, but today I am back on track I'll be damned if this will beat me. If I have to stay this weight for the rest of my life thats fine, as I have gone from 14st 10lb size 22 to 11st 1lb size 12-14. The other symtoms are a pain but, hey, it could be a lot worse.
Keep going all of you a bit of positive mental attitude will get you there in the end
A bit of a shock I'll say. Love, hugs and karma (if it lets me) coming your way.
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.