Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:28 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi guys,

I hope you have all had as good a weekend as I have. It was FANTASTIC!!!!

We went and picked up 2 air conditioned, 05 reg mercedes first thing Friday and it started from there. What a nice way to drive to the hotel.

Our room at the hotel was upgraded from a room to a suite. We had one room with a 3 piece suite, fridge, tv, table and chairs in, a bedroom with another tv, bed big enough for 3!, dressing table and wardrobe, and the ensuite was twice as big as my bathroom here. Absolutely gorgeous. My one complaint was that there was no airconditioning and we couldnt leave the window open cos it was one of those velux ones with a blind and not curtains. Other than that it was brilliant.

The wedding was organised brilliantly, everything went to plan, and the weather was perfect.

The ceremony itself was done in a temple in Stowe landscape gardens, it was lovely and cool in there which provided a welcome relief in yesterday's heat. The best man was more nervous than the groom!!! But the groom did have tears in his eyes when the doors were opened and the bride appeared. She did look absolutely beautiful, and so different to normal (she is a firearms cop and lives in black and definately no dresses or make up!!!)

The wedding breakfast and speeches went really well, there was a bit of heckling, but what can you expect from coppers and scousers? So many jokes, so little time!

I didn't eat too much, or drink too much, I did no exercise apart from walking, and that gave me some horrible blisters that may prevent me getting to the gym this week. I can't wear any other shoes but thongs (getting ready for oz see) and I do hobble a bit even then. I don't think I have put any weight on though. We'll see on Wednesday.

Anyway, back home now to the washing and ironing, etc etc.

Take care all

From a tired, but happy Shirley
Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:48 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys,

I hope you have all had as good a weekend as I have. It was FANTASTIC!!!!

We went and picked up 2 air conditioned, 05 reg mercedes first thing Friday and it started from there. What a nice way to drive to the hotel.

Our room at the hotel was upgraded from a room to a suite. We had one room with a 3 piece suite, fridge, tv, table and chairs in, a bedroom with another tv, bed big enough for 3!, dressing table and wardrobe, and the ensuite was twice as big as my bathroom here. Absolutely gorgeous. My one complaint was that there was no airconditioning and we couldnt leave the window open cos it was one of those velux ones with a blind and not curtains. Other than that it was brilliant.

The wedding was organised brilliantly, everything went to plan, and the weather was perfect.

The ceremony itself was done in a temple in Stowe landscape gardens, it was lovely and cool in there which provided a welcome relief in yesterday's heat. The best man was more nervous than the groom!!! But the groom did have tears in his eyes when the doors were opened and the bride appeared. She did look absolutely beautiful, and so different to normal (she is a firearms cop and lives in black and definately no dresses or make up!!!)

The wedding breakfast and speeches went really well, there was a bit of heckling, but what can you expect from coppers and scousers? So many jokes, so little time!

I didn't eat too much, or drink too much, I did no exercise apart from walking, and that gave me some horrible blisters that may prevent me getting to the gym this week. I can't wear any other shoes but thongs (getting ready for oz see) and I do hobble a bit even then. I don't think I have put any weight on though. We'll see on Wednesday.

Anyway, back home now to the washing and ironing, etc etc.

Take care all

From a tired, but happy Shirley
Sounds fantastic, Shirley. Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
OMG, It's hot! I'm not complaining as I know it will be hotter in Australia but we get a different kind of heat. I say this to Andrew every time we go on holiday, plus we don't have a pool to cool off in or a beach closer than an hour away.
Been to see my grandad today and went for lunch with my mum and her partner and then spent most of the afternoon on her sun terrace melting in the sun.
Andrew and I have had another spat so we are not speaking at the moment, lol. Not much longer and then we can stop having these silly rows. Hopefully we WILL exchange this week and then we can start making plans for our new life.
Hope you are all well and surving the heat.
Sarah

It is hot isn't it, but wow doesn't it make you feel different. My whole mood changes. And yes, you're right about the pool or beach, will make it even better over there.

I hope everything goes through quickly for you on the house, what will you do once everything is completed?

Theresa
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Shirley sounds like just the tonic you needed.
I have an appointment on the 30th July with the Migration Agent so he will give us a clue whether or not we can put the application in in November

Back soon still in student mode
love Lace
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:36 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hooperhome
It is hot isn't it, but wow doesn't it make you feel different. My whole mood changes. And yes, you're right about the pool or beach, will make it even better over there.

I hope everything goes through quickly for you on the house, what will you do once everything is completed?

Theresa
Hiya Theresa,
The minute I get the phone call from our solicitor to say we have exchanged contracts, I will hand in my notice. After that it will be a mad rush to get shippers out, flights booked and accommodation sorted. We want to get to Oz as soon as we possibly can,
Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:30 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

This weather is good for me and my diet. Too hot to eat! Liquid diet instead! And, before you say it, mostly water but I have just enjoyed a nice big baileys over ice!

Sarah - hope you get the call from your solicitor soon - then you and Andrew will have to talk again to make your plans!

Theresa - your photos really sound as though they were worth it - I am really jealous! (And pretend I am there with ohippy too when you meet up tomorrow)

Shirley - I'm going green thinking about the fab weekend you have had.

Have a good week everyone. . . .

Binbird
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:45 pm
Loving it in Bundy

It's hot!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:45 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

And it's still hot here too!

Was going to have a mega long workout at the gym today and was leaving the treadmill til last as that's what gets me the hottest but after 20 mins each on bike and crosstrainer and 5 mins on rower all I could manage was 10 mins on the treadmill as I was bursting for a pee by then! Was concentrating on keeping myself adequately hydrated!

Got to head out to my last playgroup meeting now so have a nice evening one and all!

Bye

Binbird
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all I'm back !!

Gained 2 lb at the health farm (whoops !) so have been good today and did combat. Will do combat as well 2morrow so am in with a chance at staying the same at the official weigh in Wednesday.

Met up with Theresa 2nite - great to put a face to a name - at first I thought she was a bloke (as he was sitting where we were due to meet) but no !! Great to chat to someone (face 2 face) going through what I hope to be going through someday. Shame u couldn't make it Binbird.

Time for my beddy byes now tho - didn't get any sleep at the health farm (took much alcohol and late night chatting) and back to work 2morrow !!

Love u all

Heather
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Smile Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ohippy
Hi all I'm back !!

Gained 2 lb at the health farm (whoops !) so have been good today and did combat. Will do combat as well 2morrow so am in with a chance at staying the same at the official weigh in Wednesday.

Met up with Theresa 2nite - great to put a face to a name - at first I thought she was a bloke (as he was sitting where we were due to meet) but no !! Great to chat to someone (face 2 face) going through what I hope to be going through someday. Shame u couldn't make it Binbird.

Time for my beddy byes now tho - didn't get any sleep at the health farm (took much alcohol and late night chatting) and back to work 2morrow !!

Love u all

Heather
It was lovely to meet you Heather. Shame it was a nervous start for you thinking I was that man sat on the bench!!!

But what a weird feeling, to meet up with someone that you have never met before and yet feel so comfortable.

Will see you again on 3rd July at Bristol meet-up with the family.

Looks like another warm day today girls, hope you are all enjoying it. Imagine this type of weather for most of the year!!!

How are the diets going everybody...finding the weather helps or not?

Watched final of Love Island last night, I've been hooked on that one. Now I need to refrain from getting involved in Big Brother.

Have a good day all, Theresa
Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:12 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Glad you had a great time at health farm, Heather. I thought health farms were supposed to be healthy hence their name, lol.

Have just booked an hour of reflexology for next wednesday. A bargain at only £28, well I think it is a bargain anyway. Hopefully it will make my back feel better and will release (that's the wording on flyer) my energy channels.

All of a dither at the moment, have just signed and posted the sale agreement for the house. Another step closer,

Hope you are all well,
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Glad you had a great time at health farm, Heather. I thought health farms were supposed to be healthy hence their name, lol.

Have just booked an hour of reflexology for next wednesday. A bargain at only £28, well I think it is a bargain anyway. Hopefully it will make my back feel better and will release (that's the wording on flyer) my energy channels.

All of a dither at the moment, have just signed and posted the sale agreement for the house. Another step closer,

Hope you are all well,
Love and hugs
Sarah
The health farm is very healthy !! Lots of exercise classes, healthy food etc. However, us four girls stayed at the self catering lodge (fantastically cheaper and a living room and telly for evenings). So the days were spent lounging round the outdoor pool, the odd swim, odd treatment (ionthermie, rebalancing facial, eyebrow wax and eyelash tint) and the evenings were spent nibbling and indulging in pimms - complete luxury.

Been good again today tho - 60 lengths (too hot for the gym) and been good with food but stomach now rumbling and I used all my cals up at work as was bored !! Tomorrow is official weigh in - I'm panicing !

Reflexology is supposed to be very enjoyable and relaxing - hope you enjoy it
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:56 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Typed up a long post earlier but then the computer froze on me - so a quick recap:

Sarah - you'll be posting about your exchange any day now. . . .

Heather - I am jealous about your healthfarm visit and impressed that you manage to fit in the gym so often while holding down a job, running a house and looking after the girls etc etc.

And I confessed to not having weighed myself this week. I forgot which is probably partly down to not being as focussed as I have been and I even said to Andy a couple of days ago that I should start posting everything that passes my lips again on here. At least I am still cracking on with the exercise. Another 5 miler tonight even though I nearly wimped out as it is still on the warm side here.

In desperate need of a shower now!

Binbird (trying to get back on track)
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:18 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Just a quick post, i have been up to my eyes in paperwork. I am putting together my portfolio as I am hoping that next week, if not this, will be my last at college.

Quick word on reflexology: As a qualified Reflexologist I can certainly recommend it, but be prepared for the healing crisis. This means that you you will actually feel worse before you feel better. You should get symptoms similar to that of the common cold, this is because it disrupts the body's systems in order to rid the body of toxins. You will feel better after a couple of days though. My brother in law is a newly converted fan, he is a total hypocondriac and he says it is the only thing that relaxes him. My other half reckons it sorted out his bad shoulder he got from falling off my brothers off road dirt bike that he was riding ON the road!!

Anyway, you will love it, time out for just you - enjoy!

It is my weigh in tomorrow morning - I don't think I did as much damage (to the body) as I did on the hen weekend! My feet are still suffering though! I can't wear normal shoes yet, I got some new special blister plasters from Tesco's so I can't really swim either. They apparently fall off on their own when the blister is all better! Be interesting if it works.

Binbird - you make sure you are drinking enough water while you are out there running, take no chances!

Heather - Glad you enjoyed your health farm.

Sarah - Oooh exciting time for you, so will exchange time be soon then if the papers are in the post?

Must go, still got some statements to do to go in the portfolio. Pity some of you don't live nearer here, we always need volunteers at the college for treatments. Tomorrow I have an eyelash and eyebrow tint and an eyebrow shape to do, and a french manicure! That is it then, finished apart from the last 2 exams I need to do and hand in my portfolio.

See ya soon

Shirley
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:56 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys

Just a quick post, i have been up to my eyes in paperwork. I am putting together my portfolio as I am hoping that next week, if not this, will be my last at college.

Quick word on reflexology: As a qualified Reflexologist I can certainly recommend it, but be prepared for the healing crisis. This means that you you will actually feel worse before you feel better. You should get symptoms similar to that of the common cold, this is because it disrupts the body's systems in order to rid the body of toxins. You will feel better after a couple of days though. My brother in law is a newly converted fan, he is a total hypocondriac and he says it is the only thing that relaxes him. My other half reckons it sorted out his bad shoulder he got from falling off my brothers off road dirt bike that he was riding ON the road!!

Anyway, you will love it, time out for just you - enjoy!

It is my weigh in tomorrow morning - I don't think I did as much damage (to the body) as I did on the hen weekend! My feet are still suffering though! I can't wear normal shoes yet, I got some new special blister plasters from Tesco's so I can't really swim either. They apparently fall off on their own when the blister is all better! Be interesting if it works.

Binbird - you make sure you are drinking enough water while you are out there running, take no chances!

Heather - Glad you enjoyed your health farm.

Sarah - Oooh exciting time for you, so will exchange time be soon then if the papers are in the post?

Must go, still got some statements to do to go in the portfolio. Pity some of you don't live nearer here, we always need volunteers at the college for treatments. Tomorrow I have an eyelash and eyebrow tint and an eyebrow shape to do, and a french manicure! That is it then, finished apart from the last 2 exams I need to do and hand in my portfolio.

See ya soon

Shirley
Is there no end to your talents Shirley, a qualified refexologist too. Can I come and live at your house? I'm sure I am going to enjoy it and will be having weekly sessions until we go. Is that ok or do I need to space them out a bit more?

Well I managed to lose the 3lb that the scales said I'd put on plus another 1lb. Now 11st 1lb and I'm sure I will break into the 10st barrier next week. Well fingers crossed anyway.
Hope you are all doing well.
Love and hugs
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.