Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:20 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Well, I have just had to go to Page 5 to find this!!!

Has everyone had an extremely busy weekend?

I sort of did. On Saturday we were out and about most of the day, returning stuff, reclaiming stuff, looking at new leather suites, food shopping etc etc. Before we knew it the day had gone. We decided to have a barbie, but then weather turned cool and so we ended up cooking outdoors and eating indoors!

Yesterday we did something off our "to do before we leave list". We went to Bletchley Park, where (one of) the enigma machine(s) is kept. If you have seen the film Enigma, that was the (almost) true story of what happened at Bletchley Park during WW2, and as both hubby and I worked in communications while we were in the Army we found it very interesting. It is only 15/20 minutes drive from here. In addition to all the stuff we thought we would find they had toys from before and during the war, typical stuff you would find in a house from the war, old vehicles and a few more bits.

On the way home we decided to stop at the shop where we found a suite we like and order one. You know when you are just looking you get inundated with staff, well yesterday there was no-one in sight! Hubby said he was going to stand in the middle of the shop and yell "ok, I have £1500 to spend on a suite, if you don't want my money I will go to DFS". I just glared at him, and he didn't bother. In the end we walked out, we will try again today, but if no joy then we will keep looking.

Then we went to homebase to return the lovely electric tile cutter that has stopped working after being used for only half a bathroom! No joy there either, they are moving premises on friday and they have no stock! So my bathroom will have to wait another 2 weeks.

Then I came home and cooked roast beef, lovely it was, but hubby left the leftover meat he was going to have for lunch today on the table. Well, that was just too tempting for the cats, they were up there and had it away while he wasn't looking! He wasn't too impressed, but as I told him, if he had put it away it would not have happened.

So far today I have painted the wall I said I wouldn't paint until he had finished the bathroom. I could stand it no longer and I am going to have my pictures back up before this evening. I need it to look as nice as possible, the mother in law is staying here on Saturday to babysit the kids and I don't want her to think I live like she does!!!!! So, between now and then the house will be cleaned, tidied and polished to within an inch of it's life.

Well, I had better get back to it, the ironing is the next job on the list my least favourite job of all.

Have a good day

Shirley
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:59 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think you must be right Shirley - busy weekends all round! We were out between 9.30am and 8.30pm on Saturday visiting my uncle who lives near Hereford. He has shire horses and the girls were riding them without headgear or stirrups and the horses backs were higher than my shoulders! They have offered to put us up for a night or two during our "homeless period" in August! So it was a very worthwhile day out and the kids will think they are in heaven with the horses to help out with.

Then on Sunday I managed a quick trip to the gym then had to come back and spring clean my car inside and out as we had someone who lives in the village coming to have a look at it with a view to taking it off our hands when we leave the country. They are keen on it and hubby took it in for it's first service today and was going to ask the dealer for an idea of price.

At 1pm we went to a barbeque which had been organised by three residents of the "estate" we live in (40 houses in all). There was a good turnout and the weather just held for it! When everyone started drifting away a couple of our neighbours and kids came back to ours so the drinking continued into the evening until we all had to get kids bathed and ready for bed in preparation for school today.

So yes, a very pleasant weekend and hopefully productive on the car front too.

Didn't do any damage on the weight front - same as usual again! Today's weigh in: 9 st 1 lb.

Better see if I have got anything in the house for the kids' tea now! Catch you later.

Binbird
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:51 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,
Not much news with me really. Still waiting to exchange contracts, solicitor hopes that it will be this Friday, so fingers crossed everyone.
All the crap has started in school again. What on earth is wrong with these people? I'm not going to let it get me down as I know I only have a few more weeks and I'm out of there.
Hope everyone is well.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah don't let the B****ds grind you down again honey you have had enough for one millenium.

I have done nothing apart from get really drunk on Friday and walk home from Manchester. God I was drunk!
I am in uni next THurs for the last day and in Hairdressing next Sat for the last day yipeeeeeee Can't wait.

I am in weight watchers on Wed to get a b****** from the leader. I have put on weight. whoops!

Oh well back to the drawing board
lol
Hugs Lace
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
Hi everyone,
Not much news with me really. Still waiting to exchange contracts, solicitor hopes that it will be this Friday, so fingers crossed everyone.
All the crap has started in school again. What on earth is wrong with these people? I'm not going to let it get me down as I know I only have a few more weeks and I'm out of there.
Hope everyone is well.
Love and hugs
Sarah

Hi there everybody
Well, what a weekend. Drove hubby to airport on Friday lunchtime who flew over to Prague with the lads. Went out Friday night with girls to a wedding party.

Saturday, took girls dancing, then went shopping to get all last minute things for eldest's school trip.

Sunday had to catch up with housework. Hubby came home, overdosed somewhat in lager over the weekend, not very impressed with Prague!

This morning had to leave house at 7.15am with all the girls dressed so we could take eldest to school for France trip. She left about 8.20am, I managed to keep myself composed and not start blabbing. I will miss her terribly while she is away. However I have a lot of things on my 'to do' list so hopefully should keep occupied most of the time.

Went to lunch with hubby today, nice country pub. Advantages of being the boss! Had lamb and mint casserole with mash and peas.

Sarah, hope things don't get too bad at school for you. Remain focused on your plans to get through it. Bye the way, you sent me an email recently with about 100 questions on it, I seem to have lost it, or one of my children has deleted it. Could you send it again please?

Ohippy, looks like we shall meet up. Am looking forward to that. Everyone will be strangers but at least we shall know each other better than the others even though we haven't met. Shame if you can't make it, Binbird.

Theresa
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:46 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is well.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Oh Sarah

Just smile serenely to yourself, and inside you can be grinning, knowing that they will still be here being horrible to someone else, while you are having the time of your life in Oz.

You have so much to look forward to, don't let them get to you.

Shirley
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Theresa - I will be there. Am really shy and hate these sort of things normally but kind of think I have to make an effort - I'll have to when I get to Oz so best make a start now. I like the pub and think it's a bit more relaxed than a sit down meal we'd have to book, sit through etc. Looking forward to seeing you - slimline tonics all round ?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:21 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Theresa / Heather - would have loved to meet you at the expat gathering that is brewing but 3 July is our wedding anniversary. We shall be childless for the weekend and are planning to find a little quiet corner somewhere on our own! Make sure someone takes some pics and puts them on photopost!

Binbird
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Theresa / Heather - would have loved to meet you at the expat gathering that is brewing but 3 July is our wedding anniversary. We shall be childless for the weekend and are planning to find a little quiet corner somewhere on our own! Make sure someone takes some pics and puts them on photopost!

Binbird
Would have been great to have met you too. I do know how busy you are tho.

Unfortunately I work full time so can't meet up in the week - but I do only work term time only so could meet up with the kids once the summer hols kick in ?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:19 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by ohippy
Would have been great to have met you too. I do know how busy you are tho.

Unfortunately I work full time so can't meet up in the week - but I do only work term time only so could meet up with the kids once the summer hols kick in ?
Lovely suggestion but school finishes on 22 July and we get the shippers in the following week (when we get round to booking them!) Then from 1 August we are "homeless" but if we still have a set of wheels I am sure we will need an excuse to get out from under the various relatives' feet! Maybe we will get to meet sometime in August - it would be lovely if we could . . . . .

Like you said, we need to get used to meeting "strangers" ! lol And practice our "making friends techniques"!

Binbird
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Theresa - I will be there. Am really shy and hate these sort of things normally but kind of think I have to make an effort - I'll have to when I get to Oz so best make a start now. I like the pub and think it's a bit more relaxed than a sit down meal we'd have to book, sit through etc. Looking forward to seeing you - slimline tonics all round ?

Ohippy, if you like, we could meet for a coffe before 3rd July at the Mall maybe, I am always up there for some reason. I know we are all busy but if you would like to do that, I'm sure we could work something out. Just let me know.

Have a good day everyone.

Theresa
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Ohippy, if you like, we could meet for a coffe before 3rd July at the Mall maybe, I am always up there for some reason. I know we are all busy but if you would like to do that, I'm sure we could work something out. Just let me know.

Have a good day everyone.

Theresa
That would be a good idea - at least we'd know each other then !
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

That would be a good idea - at least we'd know each other then !

That's what I thought. PM me to let me know when is best for you, I am sure we can work something out.

Theresa
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:49 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey girls. Hope that this finds you all well and happy and of course slimmer.
I feel like someone who has missed weeks of slimming world, ( do I still have to pay)
Having a bit of stress lately as most of you have probably seen, the good news is that I have lost my appetite with the worry, (This is a first)
House sale still looking stable thank god. I have never been so desperate to see Brisbane as I am at the moment.

Anyway just thought I would post in a nice normal thread and wish you all well. May come back to dieting soon.

Sharon
x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Hey girls. Hope that this finds you all well and happy and of course slimmer.
I feel like someone who has missed weeks of slimming world, ( do I still have to pay)
Having a bit of stress lately as most of you have probably seen, the good news is that I have lost my appetite with the worry, (This is a first)
House sale still looking stable thank god. I have never been so desperate to see Brisbane as I am at the moment.

Anyway just thought I would post in a nice normal thread and wish you all well. May come back to dieting soon.

Sharon
x

Hi there Sharon, good to see you back on here. Yes, I have read your post and really feel for you but at the same time feel so helpless! I'm not surprised you have lost your appetite.

Anyway, on to a brighter note, how are things going with the house sale, do you have a date to work towards now? You already have your visas, yes?

Keep well, Theresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.