Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 9th 2012, 10:57 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Singapore Airlines has many, many redemptions currently available in business and first class
All gone!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Come on bcworld, use your magic and conjure up another promo - we've decided to book up a trip in November to visit our boy and it will be cattle class all the way unless you do your stuff, so come on, it's the only way we'll see some sun this year.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep your eyes open on here and Flyertalk - plenty of sub forums on there covering more than you can imagine and you certainly won't have enough time to read everything.

US dividend miles will send you an email when and if they have an offer so you won't miss out.

Surely as your flying in November you brought some miles backs in June when the last offer was out?

Originally Posted by nic75
Come on bcworld, use your magic and conjure up another promo - we've decided to book up a trip in November to visit our boy and it will be cattle class all the way unless you do your stuff, so come on, it's the only way we'll see some sun this year.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say no chance until at least 1 Aug because the unattractive share promo is running currently and until 31 July.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Hi Robcuk, yes I did buy and all booked for March 13 but decided just the other night that we would take an extra trip but looks like it will be economy for us this time. Looking to book Emirates from Glasgow with a stopover each way in Singapore to break the journey.
Cheers
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Robcuk, yes I did buy and all booked for March 13 but decided just the other night that we would take an extra trip but looks like it will be economy for us this time. Looking to book Emirates from Glasgow with a stopover each way in Singapore to break the journey.
Cheers
I see - well I'm sure there will be another offer before then so you could sweat it out and wait? I think I would hold off and wait

Think you can join Emirates skywards immediately, then at least if you do fly with Ek will be able to pick your seat when you book.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 9:43 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Booked next year's flights last night - SYD-BKK-CDG flying out just after Easter then LHR-BKK-SYD coming back mid-May. Checked all the legs individually on KDR before phoning Dividend Miles and the bookings went through easy as, only took 30 minutes including waiting for two operator transfers to get the right Dividend Miles service agent. Total taxes and charges were around $500 per ticket which seemed high - is CDG as expensive as LHR?

When it was finished (two DM accounts so each one had to be done separately) the service agent thanked me for having sorted out all the flight numbers before phoning as it made her life so much easier - and a happy booking lady is a helpful booking lady! So well worth checking availability using KDR or an equivalent tool before phoning to book.

First Class, here we come! Total cost ~US$2700 where Webjet tells me Thai wants A$22,159 for a First return to CDG!! Interestingly the KDR tool said the flight BKK-CDG was in a 747 whereas Webjet puts it in an A380 - I hope Webjet is right.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:32 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Booked next year's flights last night - SYD-BKK-CDG flying out just after Easter then LHR-BKK-SYD coming back mid-May. Checked all the legs individually on KDR before phoning Dividend Miles and the bookings went through easy as, only took 30 minutes including waiting for two operator transfers to get the right Dividend Miles service agent. Total taxes and charges were around $500 per ticket which seemed high - is CDG as expensive as LHR?

When it was finished (two DM accounts so each one had to be done separately) the service agent thanked me for having sorted out all the flight numbers before phoning as it made her life so much easier - and a happy booking lady is a helpful booking lady! So well worth checking availability using KDR or an equivalent tool before phoning to book.

First Class, here we come! Total cost ~US$2700 where Webjet tells me Thai wants A$22,159 for a First return to CDG!! Interestingly the KDR tool said the flight BKK-CDG was in a 747 whereas Webjet puts it in an A380 - I hope Webjet is right.
KDR?

Nice...you should be safe for the A380 by then as I think it's due to start CDG in Feb and it goes to a single daily flight. Hopefully you will get a 747 with new F on the SYD legs as well.

$500 is about right I suppose as you are departing LHR.

I calculate taxes for this itin at about $460 + $50 booking fee.

UK APD is now around $300 for this itin.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Default Re: Hello Avianca LifeMiles!

Sign up now...don't wait for a promo to start as you likely won't be able to take part.
www.lifemiles.com
So, LifeMiles is currently running a promo to transfer your miles to 'a friend' and they get double the amount. From the evidence of people who have taken the plunge...you can go to town and just keep going backwards and forwards!

Transferring costs $15/1000miles.

A buys 1000 miles for $30.

A transfers 1000 miles to B for $15 - B gets 2000.

B transfers 2000 miles to A for $30 - A gets 4000.

A transfers 4000 miles to B for $60 - B gets 8000.

....and so on and so on.

The net effect is basically a few dollars more expensive than a straight 100% buy promo. Your credit card is going to love all these transactions in Colombia!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:04 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

KDR?
Whatever! The award flight availability tool that works out which flights have seats available for award points in each class - it's on the computer at home and I'm in the office so I can't remember exactly what it's called!

Interestingly I was originally looking to fly into FCO but the tool couldn't find any suitable flights, let alone ones with award availability, which is why we ended up flying to CDG - not a problem as Paris was part of our itinerary anyway. However Thai do have direct flights BKK-FCO so I don't know why I couldn't find them.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Whatever! The award flight availability tool that works out which flights have seats available for award points in each class - it's on the computer at home and I'm in the office so I can't remember exactly what it's called!
Oh, you mean KVS!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:25 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

Oh, you mean KVS!
Can I help it if my keyboard is dyslexic?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:09 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=bcworld;8319245]

Your credit card company will probably also sting you currency conversion fees for all transactions hence the approx figure of $2700 - $2800.

28 degrees cedit card, zero currency conversion fees.

Many thanks BC, I have signed up with Lifemiles
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:26 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello Avianca LifeMiles!

. Your credit card is going to love all these transactions in Colombia!
Attached Thumbnails Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx 00 - 00 rtn!-cocaine.jpg  
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried booking any flights with these guys yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.