Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
It would be 30,000 for business class return - however you have 0.00% chance of finding availability.
Even if you go to 10 decimal points?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:15 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Even if you go to 10 decimal points?
If you go that far you might just be able to sneak a 1 in there somewhere!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be 30,000 for business class return - however you have 0.00% chance of finding availability.
well have found availability so here we come thanks
Old Aug 20th 2012, 9:18 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

When we booked our flights to Europe a couple of months ago the KVS tool didn't find any available flights going into Rome, so we booked into Paris. Checked again last night and TG944 BKK-FCO came up with availability in all three classes, so I phoned up to change from BKK-CDG to BKK-FCO. The first girl who answered just said "Nothing available on that flight" and also insisted the flight was on the 6th not the 5th, so I rechecked with both KVS and the Thai website which both listed the flight at 00:20 on the 5th, with award availability.

Rang back (to a different girl, thank God) who at first couldn't find the flight listed anywhere, not even for sale let alone award. She disappeared for about 10 minutes, then came back and said she'd found it and sorted out the changes for me - very helpful and chatty and altogether a good experience.

Strangely she discovered that on the original booking we had been charged different taxes for the two tickets, so for the changed flights I had to pay an additional $6 whilst my wife got a $15 refund!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 9:52 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The key is the flight time - there is a known issue of US for some reason not being able to see some flights departing soon after midnight in far flung locations. A good agent will know about this and will be able to manually request it & complete the booking.

So you've given up F on the A380 for whatever they send to Rome!? I hope all the 14F jobs are gone by then!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:24 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

So you've given up F on the A380 for whatever they send to Rome!? I hope all the 14F jobs are gone by then!
One has to make sacrifices occasionally! We want to visit Rome (actually friends about an hour north) and Paris before going to the UK, so heading into Rome first, driving to Paris, then taking the train to London makes more sense (luggagewise) than going in the other direction and having to fly Rome-London without a Thai F luggage allowance.

Don't forget the poll I've put up - I'm interested in the results.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

US Airways seem to have an around the world ticket. I'm thinking of going traveling in Jan 2013. Any ideas if these miles can be used towards on of those tickets?

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
US Airways seem to have an around the world ticket. I'm thinking of going traveling in Jan 2013. Any ideas if these miles can be used towards on of those tickets?

Thanks
They can - but an RTW is 300k in J and 400k in F - it allows 5 stops.

Quite an expensive option - you'd be looking at over $6k worth of promo miles / taxes.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

They can - but an RTW is 300k in J and 400k in F - it allows 5 stops.

Quite an expensive option - you'd be looking at over $6k worth of promo miles / taxes.
True...but at the same time I think these tickets can be around £3k anyway!

I may just save my miles for those holidays rather than use it for this....
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Bitten the bug yet again! Well we're off on another jaunt for little bro's wedding and after a recent scares over availability when looking for a friend, I've put a great itinerary on hold while I buy the points.

Last time I just bought them a couple of months before I used them so I can't remember how long they actually take to hit the account, any ideas what the current timing is?

Cheers,

Edna
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
Bitten the bug yet again! Well we're off on another jaunt for little bro's wedding and after a recent scares over availability when looking for a friend, I've put a great itinerary on hold while I buy the points.

Last time I just bought them a couple of months before I used them so I can't remember how long they actually take to hit the account, any ideas what the current timing is?

Cheers,

Edna
Immediately isn't it?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Robcuk
Immediately isn't it?
That's not quite as clear cut as it used to be...particularly for the targeted promos like now. For some it has taken 2-3 days, others still immediate.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

I'm in the latter camp this time round as they're still not showing c.12hr later.

Regardless, hopefully worth the wait as the intinerary is a 6 segment Oz - Europe return for 90k points which has already been double checked and cleared by the rate desk.

I've bought 180k across 2 accounts so will have to stump up for the additional 50k at full price if they recalc to 120k each rather than 90k each on ticketing. However, I think it's a worthwhile gamble as we have no future trips planned after this one and didn't want a couple of k in points just sitting there. All I need is the points to turn up before midnight on 24th so I can lock it in, wish me luck!

Edna
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I bought in the current promo and booked for someone else. The miles took somewhere around 24 hours I think.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm

Now getting seriously concerned as the miles still haven't turned up and it's about 60 hours since they were paid for. Credit card company have confirmed that the charge has been authorised but it hasn't been processed by points.com yet. I've emailed them twice and received one reply which was try us again if they're not there in 2-3 days. Now on hold trying to get onto their live chat and presumably in a queue full of other anguished customers. Anyone else manage to talk to them in the past?

Edna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.