Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Have just got back from my first jaunt using the miles, and very enjoyable it was too. As a bonus I got an email for the targeted bonus buy, so ave topped up the account.

The only downside of the whole thing was that the return BKK-SYD was on a very old Thai 744-200 with really old business class seats, so as I'm just about to rebook for necxt year, who should I be looking to book with to get proper lie flat business seats on all legs.

Cheers
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
Have just got back from my first jaunt using the miles, and very enjoyable it was too. As a bonus I got an email for the targeted bonus buy, so ave topped up the account.

The only downside of the whole thing was that the return BKK-SYD was on a very old Thai 744-200 with really old business class seats, so as I'm just about to rebook for necxt year, who should I be looking to book with to get proper lie flat business seats on all legs.

Cheers
That's pretty unlucky really as the aircraft isn't typically scheduled to SYD. It is popping up a bit more recently (several times last week) and ironically part of the reason is that these old config planes are in the process of being refitted with new product...there is a bit of disruption with 747 schedules...they will all be gone very soon!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I did first class Thai last month any my Europe - Bangkok leg was on an old plane that wasn't even flat bed in first. It was ok, almost flat, but if I had paid normal price I probably would have been ticked off.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 12:26 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

From LifeMiles

From September 3rd through September 28th buy miles 2x1 and enjoy more!

We want you to receive twice as much, therefore, for each package of 1,000 miles you buy, LifeMiles will give you a bonus of 100 % more that can be redeemed to fly on routes operated by Avianca, TACA, AeroGal, Star Alliance member or other airline partners. Also, you can enjoy your LifeMiles on hotels, car rentals, amusement parks and much more thanks to our vast partner network.

You can access this promotion through our Call Center, LifeMiles.com or at Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers (except in Colombia).
Old Sep 4th 2012, 12:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes good news!

I just made my first LM booking - EDI to MEL in business just before Xmas - 34k + $1015 - oneway.

Return leg to be booked later.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:42 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Just for a comparison I registered with LifeMiles and checked what it would cost for a First return to Europe.

Dividend Miles - 150,000 @ US$0.0325 = $4875 + taxes etc
Life Miles - 200,000 @ US$0.030 = $6000 + taxes etc

Even at 2 for 1 Life Miles is still expensive!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Just for a comparison I registered with LifeMiles and checked what it would cost for a First return to Europe.

Dividend Miles - 150,000 @ US$0.0325 = $4875 + taxes etc
Life Miles - 200,000 @ US$0.030 = $6000 + taxes etc

Even at 2 for 1 Life Miles is still expensive!
Nope!

US miles cost 0.035 not 0.0325.

And the most effective way to use LMs is part cash part miles, not miles outright.

The actual numbers are US: $5644 (includes 7.5% sales tax) + taxes etc.

For Lifemiles you are looking at 80k miles ($2400) + $1530 + taxes etc.

So LifeMiles = $3930 + taxes etc.

In actual fact LifeMiles is substantially cheaper!

(none of these numbers reflect promos of course)
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:01 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

So if you got both on 2for1 offers, the Dividend Miles would be $2822+ and the LifeMiles would be $2730+

I didn't notice the miles + cash bit about LifeMiles - makes a difference.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by bcworld
Return leg to be booked later.
All booked. MEL-EDI in business 34k + $784 (total $1294). Thai A380.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

All booked. MEL-EDI in business 34k + $784 (total $1294). Thai A380.
Oooo they have an A380 now! Does it do the Sydney leg?
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Oooo they have an A380 now! Does it do the Sydney leg?
Not quite...they start in October. SYD no, not yet. Frankfurt, Paris & Tokyo are the main routes.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:16 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
From LifeMiles

From September 3rd through September 28th buy miles 2x1 and enjoy more!

We want you to receive twice as much, therefore, for each package of 1,000 miles you buy, LifeMiles will give you a bonus of 100 % more that can be redeemed to fly on routes operated by Avianca, TACA, AeroGal, Star Alliance member or other airline partners. Also, you can enjoy your LifeMiles on hotels, car rentals, amusement parks and much more thanks to our vast partner network.

You can access this promotion through our Call Center, LifeMiles.com or at Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers (except in Colombia).
terrible only pre-3/9/12 members can get the bonus.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 9:47 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

Just for information I went onto the Thai website last night to see how much our First Class tickets would have cost if we'd bought them retail.

$21,706.48!!! Sydney-Rome then London-Sydney

Makes the Dividend Miles scheme very attractive. Either that or it shows how overpriced First Class seats are.

Last edited by KJCherokee; Sep 4th 2012 at 9:49 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by commonwealth
terrible only pre-3/9/12 members can get the bonus.
Well...you were warned!

Its Avianca Lifemiles and it's from Colombia!

Sign up now...don't wait for a promo to start as you likely won't be able to take part.
www.lifemiles.com
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:59 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Nope!

US miles cost 0.035 not 0.0325.

And the most effective way to use LMs is part cash part miles, not miles outright.

The actual numbers are US: $5644 (includes 7.5% sales tax) + taxes etc.

For Lifemiles you are looking at 80k miles ($2400) + $1530 + taxes etc.

So LifeMiles = $3930 + taxes etc.

In actual fact LifeMiles is substantially cheaper!

(none of these numbers reflect promos of course)
Hi Bc I have looked @the Life Miles spending calculator and there are no Australian cities listed.How did you calculate the above?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.