Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

saintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nice
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Hi,

just an update. After buying the 50+50 free for myself & girlfriend we did the share 40+20 deal to give ourselves 120,000 each for about $1800 AUD.

Last night I managed to secure Business Class flights home to London over Xmas!

Out 17th Dec PER-HKT-BKK (2 night layover) - LHR (arr 19th Dec)

Back 8th Jan LHR-ZUR-BKK-PER (arr 9th Jan)

All Thai Airways except LHR-ZUR on Swiss.

Taxes are about $400, so the grand total, including booking fees is around $2300 AUD each.

Bearing in mind the cheapest economy flights over Xmas are $2-2.5k, this is an absolute bargain.

Thanks again BCWorld. You are an absolute legend.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by saintstu
Hi,

just an update. After buying the 50+50 free for myself & girlfriend we did the share 40+20 deal to give ourselves 120,000 each for about $1800 AUD.

Last night I managed to secure Business Class flights home to London over Xmas!

Out 17th Dec PER-HKT-BKK (2 night layover) - LHR (arr 19th Dec)

Back 8th Jan LHR-ZUR-BKK-PER (arr 9th Jan)

All Thai Airways except LHR-ZUR on Swiss.

Taxes are about $400, so the grand total, including booking fees is around $2300 AUD each.

Bearing in mind the cheapest economy flights over Xmas are $2-2.5k, this is an absolute bargain.

Thanks again BCWorld. You are an absolute legend.
phew! I just paid that price for cattle class return to Istanbul . Now thinking about booking another trip - BC world can you book these flights for uner 18 year olds and also what do you think my chances would be of getting three seats? Thanks. Kind regards Debs
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:49 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
can you book these flights for uner 18 year olds and also what do you think my chances would be of getting three seats? Thanks. Kind regards Debs
Yes you can book for kids. 3 is not impossible, but not easy either.

No decent promo running at the moment though if you don't already have any miles.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Couple of quick questions that may have been covered:

- If flying first of business class with one of the airline groups does this give you automatic access to their business / first class lounge or are there some exceptions?

- Do US Airways ever have reduced miles incentives where they do things such as lower the amount needed to fly to Europe to 100k rather than 120k? I notice some of the other airlines do this quite often.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:50 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Couple of quick questions that may have been covered:

- If flying first of business class with one of the airline groups does this give you automatic access to their business / first class lounge or are there some exceptions? Yes

- Do US Airways ever have reduced miles incentives where they do things such as lower the amount needed to fly to Europe to 100k rather than 120k? I notice some of the other airlines do this quite often. Not as far as I know
See above
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
- Do US Airways ever have reduced miles incentives where they do things such as lower the amount needed to fly to Europe to 100k rather than 120k? I notice some of the other airlines do this quite often.
Possibly, but more than likely only on their own services. Their business / first levels are already generous when compared to economy.

I've bagged BA business class redemptions at half price before, but they were only applicable on BA flights, not Oneworld partners.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

saintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nice

Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many miles you can purchase?

I've been working it out and , even without the deal, it works out cheaper to buy and use miles than to actually pay for business class flights. As a comparison these are the rough total costs for return Business Class flights with & without the deal (at current US/AUD exchange rates):

• UK, Europe, Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean, South America, Middle East - c$2400 with deal / c$3900 without
• US & Canada - c$2175 / c$3625
• Africa - c$2675 / c$4175
• Asia - c$1250 / c$2000
• New Zealand & Anywhere else in South Pacific - c$500 / c$900
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by saintstu
Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many miles you can purchase?
There is no limit. (50k max per purchase though)

Points.com starts bouncing your credit card after a few transactions though.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Just a heads up to check very carefully if US Airways does send you emails regarding your itinerary. I got an email from them today with details of my upcoming flights. The email itself didn't mention any changes but when I looked at the details they showed me departing Sydney on the Thai afternoon flight rather than the morning flight I've always been booked on.

I checked my booking on the TG website and it still showed the morning flight same as always.

Called TG and they confirmed that nothing had changed.

I'm not quite sure how US Airways could get this wrong unless someone manually keys in all the info for these alerts...surely not! But if I'd turned up for the afternoon flight as per their email I'd actually have missed mine!

Once again, definitely worth a call to the operating airline to confirm details a couple of days before!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by bcworld
Just a heads up to check very carefully if US Airways does send you emails regarding your itinerary. I got an email from them today with details of my upcoming flights. The email itself didn't mention any changes but when I looked at the details they showed me departing Sydney on the Thai afternoon flight rather than the morning flight I've always been booked on.

I checked my booking on the TG website and it still showed the morning flight same as always.

Called TG and they confirmed that nothing had changed.
Hmmm...this is not as simple as I first thought.

It seems US Airways are doing their best to screw up the flights I booked months ago. I have been playing phone tennis between US and TG all morning but it looks like I am going to have my plans changed for no good reason...no one at TG can understand why, US will only speak to TG's LA office which is now closed for the day.

I'm frickin raging! :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:56 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hmmm...this is not as simple as I first thought.

It seems US Airways are doing their best to screw up the flights I booked months ago. I have been playing phone tennis between US and TG all morning but it looks like I am going to have my plans changed for no good reason...no one at TG can understand why, US will only speak to TG's LA office which is now closed for the day.

I'm frickin raging! :curse:
Not quite sure what the problem is BC. If Thai are happy that you are booked on their morning flight, what does it matter what US think?
Old Jul 31st 2011, 10:33 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Not quite sure what the problem is BC. If Thai are happy that you are booked on their morning flight, what does it matter what US think?
It matters because US were in the (non reversible) process of pushing through a ticket change on the itinerary and hence changing the flights. This is because their computer said no and most probably is down to an IT issue of theirs.

After I made that post on Friday my TG itinerary started showing 6 flights for 4 sectors...they were also pushing a change on my BKK-LHR that they didn't even mention to me. Then bizarrely one of the six just dropped off leaving me with simultaneous bookings on 2 flights flying at the same time ex SYD...in that situation I have no way of knowing what will eventually happen.

I got up at 6am Saturday to call US when the TG LA office would be open and eventually spoke to the helpful Phyllis who actually listened to what TG had been telling me and called them up and got it fixed. She couldn't / wouldn't offer any explanation as to what went on.

It is a bit of a worry though, on my DM account the reservation now looks like this....great value for 150,000 miles!!!

Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

It's on again!

Need a few more miles? Want to give a loved one the gift of travel? Buy or gift miles between August 1 and September 15, 2011 and get (or give) 10,000 bonus miles for every 10,000 miles.
  • Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles = 10,000 bonus
  • Buy 20,000 – 29,000 miles = 20,000 bonus
  • Buy 30,000 – 39,000 miles = 30,000 bonus
  • Buy 40,000 – 49,000 miles = 40,000 bonus
  • Buy 50,000 miles = 50,000 bonus
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...s/default.html
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Woohoo!

Last edited by saintstu; Aug 8th 2011 at 11:19 am.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Wow, that blew out my notion that they only put on this offer at their end of quarter.

The next tie would have been September by my guess! Good to be wrong in this case!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.