Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Are you bored yet!?

Delightful weather for the arrival into London!

Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BC and Centurion, I'm looking forward to the day the other half and I can do that.
Maybe next time!

Cheers

Last edited by keefymonster; Aug 20th 2011 at 9:50 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 20th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Love your pictures and am looking forward to our business class in December and like keefymonster, maybe next time for us too!!!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic!! I did intend to do a trip report after we got back but as I only took a couple of photos it would have paled into insignificance to those....

Am about to buy the rest of the miles needed for hubby's rellies to visit from Adelaide next year, only their second trip "home" since they emigrated in the 60's. Thai first is going to blow their minds!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Not bored, just envious I am still looking for my flights - they have released some more - but a few days out of my pref. dates. Looks like cattle this time.

Last edited by debsy; Aug 22nd 2011 at 4:50 am. Reason: added text
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

My OH has made a very last minute decision to join me here in the UK!

So I've just booked for them, leaving on Thursday, all business class, mostly Thai, MEL to LHR with a BKK stopover in one direction.

Call time just 19 minutes, great agent...booked flights exactly as availability was shown on Aeroplan and gave me all the individual airlines reservation codes as well as the US Airways one at the end. Great stuff.

Taxes - $463. She was going to check that as she thought it seemed high (she should try booking a QFF award! ) but it is correct of course due to massive UK APD on business class flights to Aus.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

HI can I just clarify before I dip my toe in & spend my cash.

- To get the 120000 points I either just buy 50k & get 50 free then I buy another 20k of points.

or

- if travelling with a partner we each buy 50k & get 50k free then buy a further 10k of points & gift them to each other.

Does that sound right?

Do the points expire?

thanks

edit - I just went through to the payment process & it wants to charge a Tax recovery fee of $103.13. What's that all about cant find a mention of that in this thread??

Last edited by treefingers; Aug 22nd 2011 at 11:37 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by treefingers
HI can I just clarify before I dip my toe in & spend my cash.

- To get the 120000 points I either just buy 50k & get 50 free then I buy another 20k of points.

or

- if travelling with a partner we each buy 50k & get 50k free then buy a further 10k of points & gift them to each other.

Does that sound right?

Do the points expire?

thanks

edit - I just went through to the payment process & it wants to charge a Tax recovery fee of $103.13. What's that all about cant find a mention of that in this thread??
The tax has been mentioned many times.

My understanding is you can receive max 50k total benefit in this promo so you couldn't buy 50+50 & then receive 10+10...although some have reported this did work if the transactions were done in quick succession.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
The tax has been mentioned many times.

My understanding is you can receive max 50k total benefit in this promo so you couldn't buy 50+50 & then receive 10+10...although some have reported this did work if the transactions were done in quick succession.
Thanks but using the search function for the thread doesn't provide any results for 'tax recovery fee' even the word 'recovery' only returns my post plus one other. Would just like to know what it is as its states its only for US or Canadian purchasers (or something like that)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by treefingers
Would just like to know what it is as its states its only for US or Canadian purchasers (or something like that)
I don't think it says that. There is an additional statement about GST for Canadian residents. You have to pay the tax.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Been looking for uk flight next jun for 4. Is is likely that availability will improve or get worse? ie do they release further seats as it gets nearer the time. I've been using aeroplan to check - any obvious sectors/airlines missing from that planner?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Safin
Been looking for uk flight next jun for 4. Is is likely that availability will improve or get worse? ie do they release further seats as it gets nearer the time. I've been using aeroplan to check - any obvious sectors/airlines missing from that planner?
No way to tell Safin, as before it's very unlikely you'll be able to book 4 seats in one go. They may release more seats, they might not depending on the load in the cabin. If using Aeroplan I'd concentrate on searching between BKK & LHR - that should offer more connection options than doing an Aus - UK search - the Aus flights will be the easier ones to get.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I've been doing the whole trip and only getting asiana out and asian/lufthansa back. Ok but only couple of dates and a 19 hr layover in Soeul. Not so much fun with kids. I'll try searching in sections instead.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:30 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

When I booked last year for May this year I started off looking for BNE-LHR and was told nothing was available on my preferred dates or even a few days either side. When I broke it down into BNE-BKK and BKK-LHR, flights were available.

It seems that if you search straight through it only picks the BKK-LHR flight that is the earliest departure after the BNE-BKK flight lands: in our case there was a BKK-LHR flight available after a 12 hour stop in Bangkok.

Luckily the later flight was cancelled and we got on the earlier one anyway!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Another data point...

A friend has booked 2 seats to the UK around Xmas. They got 120k into 2 accounts but the agent who they got when they wanted to ticket the held seats would not accept the miles coming from separate accounts for the combined booking! She was suggesting that they share the miles, at great expense of course.

Eventually she split the booking into 2 separate bookings and took the miles from the 2 accounts.

Very odd and certainly not what others have reported...perhaps she just didn't know how to do it. I would've probably played agent roulette and called back and spoken to someone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.