Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Flat bed! God help me then. Hubby slept for 6 hours at least on the old style.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Booking shows A380 on return BKK - FRA, looks fab!!! Can't remember what I did last year, do I call Thai to book seats. Lufthansa have already allocated>
Cheers
Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:53 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic75
Booking shows A380 on return BKK - FRA, looks fab!!! Can't remember what I did last year, do I call Thai to book seats. Lufthansa have already allocated>
Cheers
If you have the Lufthansa booking reference you might find that you can select the TG seats yourself on the Lufthansa website...otherwise call up.

Travelling as a couple I'd guess you'd be looking to reserve some of the pairs of seats in the middle where the seats are away from the aisle.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photo-tour-f...ys-airbus-a380
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

OK, I'm almost ready to buy some miles to get my Mum out here later in the year in business but I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with checking availability.
I'm using the ANA website and looking for sectors individually (as in LHR-BKK return, not LHR-BNE). I can find LHR to BKK on TG without too much fuss but I've just clicked through every day from 1st July this year to May next year and there is not a single flight with 1 business class seat available for the return leg BKK-LHR apparently. There are plenty of flights that have the greyed out "OK" orange box but these are not available (anyone know why they display like this and not the grey box with the cross as some others do?) so please, can someone either point out what I'm doing wrong or is it almost impossible to find flights from BKK to LHR, although from what others on this thread have booked, I don't believe this is the case.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by anawanahuanana; Jun 28th 2012 at 10:15 am. Reason: Speeelings
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Sounds like there is availability. If the box says OK but is just greyed out it's because ANA wants you to select your outbound before your return (as you're not booking through ANA you don't need to do this).

Last edited by Almo; Jun 28th 2012 at 10:58 am.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anawanahuanana
OK, I'm almost ready to buy some miles to get my Mum out here later in the year in business but I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with checking availability.
I'm using the ANA website and looking for sectors individually (as in LHR-BKK return, not LHR-BNE). I can find LHR to BKK on TG without too much fuss but I've just clicked through every day from 1st July this year to May next year and there is not a single flight with 1 business class seat available for the return leg BKK-LHR apparently. There are plenty of flights that have the greyed out "OK" orange box but these are not available (anyone know why they display like this and not the grey box with the cross as some others do?) so please, can someone either point out what I'm doing wrong or is it almost impossible to find flights from BKK to LHR, although from what others on this thread have booked, I don't believe this is the case.
Thanks in advance.
Probably as Almo has described. I can see availability on every single day 01 Jul - 07 Jul on TG916 BKK-LHR.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

OK, thanks guys. I'll attack it again. Just one more thing. Can I call US Airways to book a ticket in someone elses name using their points? I would assume not, but just not sure how my mother would go if she got a clueless agent at the other end of the phone.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I've booked flights for me and my partner three times, just my partner once, and my boss once. I was asked for my boss' details, once was asked to put my partner on so he could agree to his miles being used and other times the agents have not asked to speak to him. On all occasions I've had my partner/boss next to me though and it's been obvious that I've checked info etc with them apart from once when he was not involved at all and the agent did not seem to mind at all (I was travelling too, on that booking).

All of those are just anecdotes though, I would imagine that the official line is that they at least need to speak to the account holder.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anawanahuanana
Can I call US Airways to book a ticket in someone elses name using their points?
Log in to your mother's US Airways account, click on her name at the top right of the page, then on to booking preferences (under toolbox), then add your name under third party authorisation. Sorted!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
Log in to your mother's US Airways account, click on her name at the top right of the page, then on to booking preferences (under toolbox), then add your name under third party authorisation. Sorted!
Awesome louie! All done. Thanks again to all who contribute to this thread.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Topped up again
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Topped up again
Both Him and I topped up last night. Miles still not showing on account,usually they appear instantly,anyone else have this problem?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by swmbo63
Both Him and I topped up last night. Miles still not showing on account,usually they appear instantly,anyone else have this problem?
Recently there have been A LOT of reports of it taking upto 3 days. Probably worth trying to check as if it hasn't gone through you will miss out at this late stage. Not much fun dealing with US or points.com with these things though. Maybe start with points.com...I think they have an online chat thingy.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:35 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Recently there have been A LOT of reports of it taking upto 3 days. Probably worth trying to check as if it hasn't gone through you will miss out at this late stage. Not much fun dealing with US or points.com with these things though. Maybe start with points.com...I think they have an online chat thingy.
Mine hasn't been processed. Talked with Points.com - nothing we can do - speak with US Airways. Just to save people the time.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Mine hasn't been processed. Talked with Points.com - nothing we can do - speak with US Airways. Just to save people the time.

Thanks for that. Can you post the best number to call them on please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.