Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
BNE BKK Thai Air 474
BKK BRU Thai Air 934
BRU LHR Brussels airlines 2093

coming back

LHR ZRH Swiss Air 327
ZRH BKK Swiss Air 180
BKK BNE Thia Air 473
Nice itinerary. When are you travelling? I think in September the BKK-BRU flight changes to Thai's brand new 777 with the latest business class product. Before then it's still full flat beds in the current plane so either way you win!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

we are going in August but coming back in September so maybe we will get both.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21454925

Merger due to be announced early morning US time today.

Some good news is that Malaysian Airlines has just joined OneWorld and currently the availability they are showing is excellent...could be a bit of a honeymoon period but hopefully they might continue to provide lots of options on Aus-Europe routings.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

Now that the merger has gone through I expect we will all be waiting to see if any further bonus offers come through during the finalizing stage, which it appears could be several months.

It will also be interesting to see what the cut off date is for booking on Star Alliance flights.

I have enjoyed some great business class flights into places like Innsbruck & Newquay, thanks to bcworld, lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by foreveryoung1
Now that the merger has gone through I expect we will all be waiting to see if any further bonus offers come through during the finalizing stage, which it appears could be several months.

It will also be interesting to see what the cut off date is for booking on Star Alliance flights.

I have enjoyed some great business class flights into places like Innsbruck & Newquay, thanks to bcworld, lets keep our fingers crossed.
If the bmi / BA merger is anything to go by the most difficult time will be the period where US no longer has access to Star Alliance seats but many people are still sitting with pending flights on *A. A simple schedule change can then through the whole thing into disarray...sometimes the only option is cancel.

Last edited by bcworld; Feb 14th 2013 at 7:10 am.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

This may be the time to simplify my bookings. I have recently experienced both schedule changes and missed connections.

By choosing to end my trips at the more obscure destinations it would usually involve 3 or more flights, the return trip would be 7 flights.I can easily cut this down by 2 flights thereby reducing the risk of seat changes.

Or perhaps it's time to resort to 2 flights in each direction!

1 hour has also been proved insufficient at BKK as on the last 2 occasions despite heroic efforts by TG (car from plane steps from one aircraft to the next) but wave goodbye to luggage & the other occasion moved from 380 into FRA onto something old and nasty into LHR.

Back to Malaysian? it's how I arrived in economy, some 9 years ago, I'd have big concerns about going back behind the curtain now.

See what you've done to us all bcworld, thanks a lot, only joking!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by foreveryoung1
This may be the time to simplify my bookings. I have recently experienced both schedule changes and missed connections.

By choosing to end my trips at the more obscure destinations it would usually involve 3 or more flights, the return trip would be 7 flights.I can easily cut this down by 2 flights thereby reducing the risk of seat changes.

Or perhaps it's time to resort to 2 flights in each direction!
It's not time to make any changes yet. It depends when your bookings are but US will likely have access to Star Alliance for many, many months to come. Missed connections are not a concern, in those cases the airline responsible will look after your ticket & subsequent flights.

Minor schedule changes are probably fine...but if they result in illegal connections or misconnections you have a problem. Some people did manage to have some luck dealing with airlines themselves to change bmi tickets but I wouldn't like to rely on that.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

does this mean it will affect existing bookings? and what affect will it have
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

does this mean it will affect existing bookings? and what affect will it have
Existing bookings are honoured. But if after US leaves Star there is a need to make a change - it generally isn't possible - you have to cancel and get your miles back (and probably transfer them to AA).

I have bookings up to Sept and am totally unconcerned by all this.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:34 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

approved!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...or-merger.html

interestingly, AA changed their logo recently

Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/about...tml?c=fb_21132

Frequent Flyer Benefits

Enjoy a more rewarding travel experience with US Airways Dividend Miles® and American Airlines AAdvantage®. Both programs are among the most popular loyalty programs in the world and will continue to offer best-in-class elite programs, unmatched redemption options and more ways to earn miles from an expanded global network of routes and partnerships.

Until the merger is complete, US Airways and American Airlines will remain separate companies and each company will maintain its current loyalty programs (US Airways – Dividend Miles and American Airlines – AAdvantage). Existing miles will be honored, and there will be no impact to your US Airways MasterCard® or US Airways Visa® card. You can continue to earn and redeem mileage for travel awards with us and our Star Alliance partners. You can also continue to book, track and manage flights on usairways.com.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

So they will leave star alliance and join one world. what will happen to the milles you have in your account? do you think we will get the same deals with oneworld?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

So they will leave star alliance and join one world. what will happen to the milles you have in your account? do you think we will get the same deals with oneworld?
You will transfer them to the new program...either automatically or by some process you do yourself.

The new airline may not run such generous promos - AA is running one at the moment which I intend to take advantage of - but they have a buy limit per year unlike US. If US runs more promos prior to disappearing I will probably buy into those too.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

blue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant future

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/p...false&from=Nav

AA are offering 50% free miles for the purchase of 60,000 miles. 90,000 in total for about $1800

Here's another blog discussing this and other deals;

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...ruary-28-2013/

I just signed the wife and I up for it. As we'd be x Darwin, (we live very remote) it's more than enough miles to fly business from Singapore-London and cattle from Darwin - Singapore.

I looked at Lifemiles as well, but the deals weren't that great.

Anyway, thanks for all the incredible information on here - I'd never have known.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by blue_hotel

AA are offering 50% free miles for the purchase of 60,000 miles. 90,000 in total for about $1800

I just signed the wife and I up for it. As we'd be x Darwin, (we live very remote) it's more than enough miles to fly business from Singapore-London and cattle from Darwin - Singapore.
...one way of course. But yes, I will be buying into this promo. They ran the same thing in December. Unlike US they have a max purchase limit per year (60k)...so that will be your lot for 2013, unless that rule is dropped in the new program.

Originally Posted by blue_hotel

I looked at Lifemiles as well, but the deals weren't that great.
I like LifeMiles more and more! They currently have a share promo running, it's very flexible and effectively means that miles can be bought half price. The program has some interesting quirks - they seem to offer availability way in advance of some other programs - they've had seats on TG/SQ for next Xmas that just aren't showing up anywhere else. Also - they are currently offering seats on some Singapore Airlines premium aircraft that are generally blocked to Star Alliance redemption. I will definitely be keeping LM for Star Alliance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.