Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:52 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by jazzys
So i expect everyone is sitting like coiled springs waiting for another offer?

Will there be one? How often do they come along and what the hell happens if i buy a shit load of miles and no offer appears?

Cheers
think there are a few people waiting but its not like there is a set amount of miles on offer you just get what you can this time around.. remember there are thousands of people who do this.. some people are traveling free through promotions ect, theirs a whole world out there with people saving points

March i would say will be the next one but no one really knows for sure.

the offer is the miles so you would not buy a "shit" load prior to that.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
So i expect everyone is sitting like coiled springs waiting for another offer?

Will there be one? How often do they come along and what the hell happens if i buy a shit load of miles and no offer appears?

Cheers
You wouldn't buy miles if there wasn't an offer. It's the miles that are cheap in the offers, not the amount you need to get seats.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

Here's an idea of what's happened in the past... looks like no offering in January

source: wheresmybag on FT forum, merci beaucoup!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 5:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave
Here's an idea of what's happened in the past... looks like no offering in January

http://i44.tinypic.com/21lldew.png

source: wheresmybag on FT forum, merci beaucoup!
That promo in nov /dec 09 was the holy grail! It was possible to get miles for less than 1cpm due to the T&Cs.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Default Targetted Promos for Previous Buyers

Currently seems to be some targetted promos happening for people who bought last year. US seems to have cocked it up as usual but I have so far received a 25% discount email, but others are reporting getting both a 25% and 50% discount email. This is for upto 50,000 miles and applies to purchases only - a 50% discount is of course the same as a 100% extra promo.

Dear bcworld,
Dividend Miles #: 400000000000

Get 25% OFF your Purchase of Dividend Miles

Thank you for buying, sharing or gifting Dividend Miles in 2011!

We'd like to help you earn more miles this year. Enjoy 25% savings when you buy Dividend Miles before January 31, 2012.

This exclusive offer is just for you* and you can only get it here

This could be useful - the 50% discount only, that is - if you need to top up to a particular level but isn't really of any use to fresh buyers with zero account balance...bit risky buying only 50k and hoping for a new promo later.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

My boss got both 25 and 50% emails - I've had none! I really hope I get one, I'm going to take a gamble on buying some now and hoping that another 100% promo comes up. I need to go back home in December and I'm too used to flying in the big seats now.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling a bit unloved here

not that I need any miles right now, but that's not the point....
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:51 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie
I'm feeling a bit unloved here

not that I need any miles right now, but that's not the point....
Well I'm not biting at -25% (still waiting on that -50% email)...and to be quite frank US should be paying ME commission!

ps...just about to book some great value one-ways to Thailand using bmi DC miles (all purchased of course!).
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

And here's round 2!

Dear bcworld,
Dividend Miles #: 40000000000

Get 50% OFF your Purchase of Dividend Miles

Thank you for buying, sharing or gifting Dividend Miles in 2011!

We'd like to help you earn more miles this year. Enjoy 50% savings
when you buy Dividend Miles before January 31, 2012

This exclusive offer is just for you* and you can only get it here

Now I'm happy to top up!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've now had the 25% off offer, but no sign of 50%. Humph....
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie
Well I've now had the 25% off offer, but no sign of 50%. Humph....
It will almost certainly show up.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:01 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

i take it its only people that purchased last year..if anyone wants to buy on my behalf and gift them let me know.

km

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 17th 2012 at 9:03 am. Reason: re worded
Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

I found something weird on the Dividend Miles reward chart.

South East Asia to Central America/The Caribbean requires only 90,000 points in Business Class but South East Asia to North America requires 120,000 points. It doesn't make sense but it's printed in black and white on the reward chart.

I want to combine both Europe and Canada in my next trip. The routing from KL to Cancun would go through Beijing and Toronto on the way there and back through Toronto and Frankfurt on the way back.

Provided I can get myself to KL cheaply (AirAsia anyone?), this would be something of a grand world tour on a shoestring.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 7:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by kmthor
i take it its only people that purchased last year..if anyone wants to buy on my behalf and gift them let me know.

km
That would be an expensive 50k miles! $940 to buy them then $570 to share them = way too much!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Budawang
I found something weird on the Dividend Miles reward chart.

South East Asia to Central America/The Caribbean requires only 90,000 points in Business Class but South East Asia to North America requires 120,000 points. It doesn't make sense but it's printed in black and white on the reward chart.

I want to combine both Europe and Canada in my next trip. The routing from KL to Cancun would go through Beijing and Toronto on the way there and back through Toronto and Frankfurt on the way back.

Provided I can get myself to KL cheaply (AirAsia anyone?), this would be something of a grand world tour on a shoestring.
Not sure where you plan on stopping, but don't forget you can only have one stopover (in addition to your destination of course). Unless you are lucky enough to find a US agent who will let you have two, but don't bank on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.