Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Dec 26th 2011, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by kmthor
hi guys.
I have joined this program today but wont be within 11 days. it seems on the site i can buy the miles with the free extra miles. So what is the 11 days i have seen mentioned about

regards

km
Are you referring to the time period your account must be active for before you are eligible to receive the rewards?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 1:12 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louiseos
Are you referring to the time period your account must be active for before you are eligible to receive the rewards?
yer i read on the forums i have to wait to buy

km
Old Dec 26th 2011, 1:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
yer i read on the forums i have to wait to buy

km
https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi...E=USBuylanding

Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 1:28 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi...E=USBuylanding

Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable.
thanks BC
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Hi all we have been here in Australia for 4 years now, and not been on expats for a while, I discovered this thread yesterday and I am quiet interested in it.
Is this a good system and I love a deal and we are considering going back to the uk for Christmas 2012.
Can somebody explain the procedure as they would be three of us going, and if possible would like to travel business class.
Could somebody enlighten me and tell me the best way to go with this, I do not know if it's possible but we would like to have a stop over in Hong Kong if possible, any help would be welcome thanks in advance
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:02 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi all we have been here in Australia for 4 years now, and not been on expats for a while, I discovered this thread yesterday and I am quiet interested in it.
Is this a good system and I love a deal and we are considering going back to the uk for Christmas 2012.
Can somebody explain the procedure as they would be three of us going, and if possible would like to travel business class.
Could somebody enlighten me and tell me the best way to go with this, I do not know if it's possible but we would like to have a stop over in Hong Kong if possible, any help would be welcome thanks in advance
Hong Kong is not the easiest place to stopover as there are no direct Star Alliance flights between Aus and HKG or HKG and the UK. US may let you do something like Sydney - Bangkok - Hong Kong / Hong Kong - European Hub - UK destination.

It means there are more sectors you have to find 3 seats on of course.

3 seats isn't impossible - I have 3 friends in business class on a Swiss flight from Bangkok to Zurich - we were thinking about joining them and there were at least another 2 seats available.

It's currently too early to book Xmas flights for next year so you'll need to wait and see what happens with promos next year.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Thank you for your reply, can you explain how the system works and what we need to do to get started thanks regards
Old Dec 26th 2011, 11:44 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Thank you for your reply, can you explain how the system works and what we need to do to get started
I think that was all explained in the first post!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Hong Kong is not the easiest place to stopover as there are no direct Star Alliance flights between Aus and HKG or HKG and the UK. US may let you do something like Sydney - Bangkok - Hong Kong / Hong Kong - European Hub - UK destination.
Actually I take that back. HKG is not a Star Alliance hub so stopover is probably not possible there.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

OK so i signed up, and i'm just planning on keeping an eye on this for flights later in the year.

How do i know how many miles i need to buy for a trip to the UK?

Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:08 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Just received an email from Emirates, they offer 10% off fares on most routes, but it appears that you have to be enrolled into their loyalty program to be able to use it. Travel period is end of January to end of June 2012.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jazzys
How do i know how many miles i need to buy for a trip to the UK?
It's in the first post.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

It's in the first post.
Is that regardless of where in the uk you fly to or is this just for flights to london?

Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jazzys
Is that regardless of where in the uk you fly to or is this just for flights to london?

Thanks
It's 120k rtn in business to anywhere in Europe.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 1:46 am
Banned

It's 120k rtn in business to anywhere in Europe.
hi Guys
i have missed out on the miles this time due to the not joining in time. i was wondering if there has been a pattern to this offer. do they do it every 3 or months? or is it totally random

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.