Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 7th 2012, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

I'd love business class as I'm 6 foot 6.. Never bothered me cattle class to be fair. I do get that DVT feeling after a while though if iv not get a bulkhead or door seat.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

good heavens.... cattle class economy... who let this pleb in here?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

*rage*

Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:37 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave
good heavens.... cattle class economy... who let this pleb in here?
Not so much "Who let him in?" as "Why did he bother to come?". We all know that cattle class is cheaper, we just happen to prefer a bit of comfort at a reasonable price - is there anything wrong with that?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I now use continental.com
Can you eliminate all the mixed cabin results? Its all I seem to get and without fail the long haul legs are economy
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
Can you eliminate all the mixed cabin results? Its all I seem to get and without fail the long haul legs are economy
I don't think so but the search sometimes seem to forget options anyway. I haven't found it much of an issue but if you have just search for individual legs once you have route ideas.

By the way no Thai inventory is showing up yet for later than 27 Oct 12 but I think it may be available by calling...hopefully it starts showing up soon.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

strange that continental wont show any AC or NZ flights to canada.... only wants to route you via UA to stupid hubs in US
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave
strange that continental wont show any AC or NZ flights to canada.... only wants to route you via UA to stupid hubs in US
I've seen loads of AC flights to Canada on there. The one thing it never shows is Swiss for some reason. Does show NZ too. Guess it depends how you search - if you don't see what you want do a multi city search instead with individual sectors.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please answer my question and save me trawling through 50 odd pages.

I want to book my daughter a flight from the UK to brisbane return.
Sometime in march / april.

Can i do it using this business class thingy / carry on / malarky

I did read page one and i signed up for it a few weeks back but thats all i did.
I didn't buy any miles and haven't checked out the other websites regarding searching for flights etc.

I think it would be good for newcomers to the thread if someone gave a condensed step by step walkthrough of how to play this game, hint hint

Many thanks in advance

Jazzys
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:29 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jazzys
Can someone please answer my question and save me trawling through 50 odd pages.

I want to book my daughter a flight from the UK to brisbane return.
Sometime in march / april.

Can i do it using this business class thingy / carry on / malarky

I did read page one and i signed up for it a few weeks back but thats all i did.
I didn't buy any miles and haven't checked out the other websites regarding searching for flights etc.

I think it would be good for newcomers to the thread if someone gave a condensed step by step walkthrough of how to play this game, hint hint

Many thanks in advance

Jazzys
Here's how it works:

Sign up for US Airways frequent flyer program (each person travelling) - Dividend Miles
US Airways is a member of Star Alliance allowing you to get frequent flyer seats on US Airways, United, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand, Thai, Lufthansa, Air Canada, Continental, Swiss etc etc etc
Wait at least 11 days after you sign up - I think this is part of the T & Cs - then buy the miles you need
Airways will give you 100% extra free on the miles you buy upto 50k (when the promotion is running)...so buy 50k miles and get 100k!
You need 120k for a business class return to Europe - but a second member can 'gift' you miles and that figure is then also doubled. The second member gifts you 10k miles and you receive 20k.
Alternatively you can buy the 20k miles yourself but this will cost twice as much as gifting as no bonus applies

this may help

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 13th 2012 at 9:34 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, so this can be used by my daughter to fly from the UK to brisbane return yeah?

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:37 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Thanks, so this can be used by my daughter to fly from the UK to brisbane return yeah?

Cheers
Yes, only the rough guide refers to March 31 2010. There isn't currently an offer running so you're out of luck at this time.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:39 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Cheers
yep you sure can!
but be aware there is no promotion at the moment, the last one finished on 31st Dec so you may not be able to get the miles in time.

km
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, only the rough guide refers to March 31 2010. There isn't currently an offer running so you're out of luck at this time.
Hi BC
i took the reference to march 2010 out. but it is a cut and paste job... lol
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

So i expect everyone is sitting like coiled springs waiting for another offer?

Will there be one? How often do they come along and what the hell happens if i buy a shit load of miles and no offer appears?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.