Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 9th 2013, 10:24 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

i use aadvantage they have qantas rewards flights to lhr.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 10:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Yes. BA in particular you have to book within 5 minutes of them becoming available, though they sometimes have seats appearing a couple of days before travel.

You might have better luck building in a stopover or going on one of the less obvious routes so via Tokyo for example.
Problem being that AA advantage doesn't have the concept of a stopover. If you want a >24 hour stop you'll pay for each segment separately.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 10:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i use aadvantage they have qantas rewards flights to lhr.
Business class is very tricky though.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:24 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah, biz class gotta fly qantas then finnair. their online tool doesnt include cathay though! should try that as well.
not sure with recent changes, qantas via dubai though, may try that too.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Our family of 2 adults 2 kids are looking to go back dec 2013 do you suggest doing this with 4 seats? Tips anyone flights are soo expensive this end
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

the people booking on US Airways are you using this number? 1-800-622-1015
it says there office is in Arizona . is this correct?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
the people booking on US Airways are you using this number? 1-800-622-1015
it says there office is in Arizona . is this correct?
The number I use is 1-800-428-4322.

Yes they have a call centre in AZ...and other places.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:46 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Use +1 480 693 6701 which is the direct line to reservations and gets you past all those annoying voice recognition computers on the 1 800 number.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I've actually called the UK office before, they're in Liverpool. Spoken to a couple of awesome Italian agents there, got stuff booked very easily. Then I spoke to a complete witch who put me off a bit.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the info
Old Feb 11th 2013, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

BC i see your not a fan of seat guru thay recently updated there site. whats your thoughts on the new site?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

BC i see your not a fan of seat guru thay recently updated there site. whats your thoughts on the new site?
It might have a new look but contains the same crap, out of date data which they can't seem to be arsed to update. I'll continue to avoid it.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

just booked flights for August to the UK business class. first call i had to wait 25 mins once i got through the guy was really helpful only thing was i had used united to look up the itinerary and one of the flights didnt have 2 seats so i said id phone back.
I then used Award traveler (which i believe gets its info from the same database as the KVS tool what a great tool for free). I found an itinerary i was happy with and got back on the phone ( i used +1 480 693 6701 thanks JKC) 15 min wait this time spoke to a delightful girl who had the whole thing wrapped up in 15 mins.

I have already recieved my confirmation email

total cost

120k air miles $2183.00
tax $511.00
booking fee $50.00
bank charges $50.00

all up $2794.00

this is a great price for business when some companies are quoting 5k + for the same thing

do you get access to the lounges on business or it that just first?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

do you get access to the lounges on business or it that just first?
You'll get access to business class lounges.

So, who are your flights with? Routing?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

BNE BKK Thai Air 474
BKK BRU Thai Air 934
BRU LHR Brussels airlines 2093

coming back

LHR ZRH Swiss Air 327
ZRH BKK Swiss Air 180
BKK BNE Thia Air 473

i have confirmed this on the Thia air site. it shows all the flights on there site so im guessing we can book our luggage straight through

Last edited by SUPERCAD; Feb 12th 2013 at 3:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.