Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

25% for me. :-(
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

50% for me.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:05 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

4 x 100% ...

and one at 25% ...but went out waited an hour went back in and it was 100% ?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know this thread's about a particular FF program, but if anyone's interested I received an email from Best Flights for $3,600 Vietnam Airlines return business to Gatwick, including taxes. No idea what the airline's like but the price is good. Valid from Sydney or Melbourne only.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:58 am
Just Joined

blue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blue_hotel
I got the targetted email - so I will press the panic button tonight and call them. I'll let you know how it goes. My experience of US phone lines is that they do my head in - am not looking forward to this at all.
sixteen calls being led by automated responses all over the place and this is seriously making me angry now. A useless website and impossible to speak to a person. WTF

Does anyone have a number to call that gets you through to a person and not a fu£king machine?

thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:36 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

has this been discussed?

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._au?source=R02

British Airways and Cathay Pacific code share extended to Australia

AUSTRALIA, 26 February 2013 – oneworld partners British Airways and Cathay Pacific have agreed to enter into a code share agreement for flights to and from Australia starting from 31 March, 2013.

The arrangement, which is pending Australian regulatory approval, will mean British Airways customers travelling to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and Cairns can fly on Cathay Pacific services to Hong Kong with a BA flight number when connecting onto one of British Airways 14 weekly services between Hong Kong and London.

The Cathay Pacific code share flights are an addition to British Airways’ daily direct flights from London Heathrow to Sydney via Singapore.

“Our new code share with Cathay Pacific will allow British Airways to serve all major Australian cities and provide customers with increased schedule options and flexibility,” said Nicole Backo, Regional Commercial Manager South West Pacific for British Airways. “In addition, customers travelling via Hong Kong will arrive at London Heathrow’s Terminal 5 and have access to British Airways’ extensive European network, whilst providing a single itinerary and through-checked bags.”
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the new code share translate into better availability for award seats to Europe?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Will the new code share translate into better availability for award seats to Europe?
Won't make any difference...don't think it's relevant for here.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:43 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue_hotel
sixteen calls being led by automated responses all over the place and this is seriously making me angry now. A useless website and impossible to speak to a person. WTF

Does anyone have a number to call that gets you through to a person and not a fu£king machine?

thanks!
Use +1 480 693 6701 which is the direct line to reservations and gets you past all those annoying voice recognition computers on the 1 800 number.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just signed up for the US Air FF program. I'm looking to go to Europe in August/Sept, so will be buying miles whenever there's a promotion. I've never flown business before, so it's going to be a treat for me.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've just signed up for the US Air FF program. I'm looking to go to Europe in August/Sept, so will be buying miles whenever there's a promotion. I've never flown business before, so it's going to be a treat for me.
Make sure you sign up for LifeMiles as well...keep all your options open.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info here, however to save me trawling all the way through the thread, can check the summary.

1) Sign up with USAir Dividend Miles
2) Buy Miles when they're on offer
3) Book J or F class by phone, using miles

Is that about it, any other vital info I've missed?

It sounds great, I usually fly Emirates and use points from my Citi Card to upgrade but it can be hit & miss so this would be invaluable in fact its so useful if summarised I'm sure it should be made a sticky post.

Cheers,
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Make sure you sign up for LifeMiles as well...keep all your options open.
Ah, will do. Thanks.
Originally Posted by freebo
Thanks for the info here, however to save me trawling all the way through the thread, can check the summary.

1) Sign up with USAir Dividend Miles
2) Buy Miles when they're on offer
3) Book J or F class by phone, using miles

Is that about it, any other vital info I've missed?

It sounds great, I usually fly Emirates and use points from my Citi Card to upgrade but it can be hit & miss so this would be invaluable in fact its so useful if summarised I'm sure it should be made a sticky post.

Cheers,
I don't think you'll be able to fly Emirates with this thingy. It's only Star Alliance airlines that USAir is affilitated with. Emirates is OneWorld
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

Ah, will do. Thanks.

I don't think you'll be able to fly Emirates with this thingy. It's only Star Alliance airlines that USAir is affilitated with. Emirates is OneWorld
Yes, understood, but I'm looking for an alterative.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Emirates isn't in an alliance...although it does have its thingo going with Qantas now.

Bear in mind that USDM will most probably be OneWorld by the end of the year...LifeMiles will end up being the Star Alliance consolidator!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.