BundyMum update

Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: BundyMum update

Hi Bundy...me again.

Know exactly how you are feeling. Sitting here reading your post has set me off again and the tears are pouring down my face.
In a way I am glad that I am in Perth and dad is in the UK, as I dont think I would be emotionally strong enough to face him on a daily basis (cowardly I know). Now when I ring him I put on a chirpy voice and tell him to keep his pecker up. I know there may be regrets that I cant 'hug' him, but by being positive ( if it is false) helps to keep him going.

My lovce to you and your family Bundy. You have really been through it over the past 6 months

love

sandra
xxxxxxx
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:18 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Hi Bundy...me again.

Know exactly how you are feeling. Sitting here reading your post has set me off again and the tears are pouring down my face.
In a way I am glad that I am in Perth and dad is in the UK, as I dont think I would be emotionally strong enough to face him on a daily basis (cowardly I know). Now when I ring him I put on a chirpy voice and tell him to keep his pecker up. I know there may be regrets that I cant 'hug' him, but by being positive ( if it is false) helps to keep him going.

My lovce to you and your family Bundy. You have really been through it over the past 6 months

love

sandra
xxxxxxx
Thanks Sandra. I don't think anyone ever really knows whether what they're doing is right or not, you just have to be true to yourself, live from the heart if you can. I don't think I am particularly strong, I just know that I refuse to grieve for my mum while she's still here even though I fully accept that she may not have long.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:45 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundy
Thanks Sandra. I don't think anyone ever really knows whether what they're doing is right or not, you just have to be true to yourself, live from the heart if you can. I don't think I am particularly strong, I just know that I refuse to grieve for my mum while she's still here even though I fully accept that she may not have long.

Dont know what to say to you Bundy at a time like this but stay strong (to a degree ) look after yourself and your family...karma on its way
Johanne x ((((((hugs))))))
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:49 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by johanne
Dont know what to say to you Bundy at a time like this but stay strong (to a degree ) look after yourself and your family...karma on its way
Johanne x ((((((hugs))))))

I would send you some Karma but the buggers say i have to spread it around :scared: god knows how i do that but im sure someone will tell me....
on its way when i know how
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear your news bundy.
Our hearts gos out to you and your famliy.With much love
We send you much karma for us lots

Take Care
Love
Ann Marie and Famliy
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:11 am
Go Banana's !!

My heart goes out to you Bundy, praying for your Mum.

Take care of yourself too

Big big biggest hugs

Jill, Warren, Imogen and Smudge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:14 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time....take care, and stay strong

H & Co xxxxx
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Bundy,
just read this thread for the first time, you poor thing , our thoughts are with you, for you and your family.
best wishes
Fiona and Nick
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:21 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fiona and Nick (and the rest of you!)

It's been a bit of an epic saga and this thread is only just part of it. If anyone really, really wants to know the whole story, most of it is here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=bad+times
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226856
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233374
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247850

(The first one tells the majority of it).

Dear old BundyMum has become a bit of a celebrity on here. Ok, maybe not for the most desirable reasons, but she likes it nonetheless.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:34 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I can never find the right words for times like these. None seem adequate.

Just to say, I'm thinking of you.

And I'm going to phone my Mum right now - it makes me appreciate her more.

Take care.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE
Dear old BundyMum has become a bit of a celebrity on here. Ok, maybe not for the most desirable reasons, but she likes it nonetheless. [/QUOTE]

Its a while since I've had time to sit and read through the posts now I'm working, I'm so sorry to read your latest news Bundy. I hope the new pain relief works so your mum doesn't suffer for too much longer.
We'll be thinking and praying for you and all your family.
Lots of Hugs
take care
Helen
Old Nov 5th 2004, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by helinuk
[QUOTE
Dear old BundyMum has become a bit of a celebrity on here. Ok, maybe not for the most desirable reasons, but she likes it nonetheless.
Its a while since I've had time to sit and read through the posts now I'm working, I'm so sorry to read your latest news Bundy. I hope the new pain relief works so your mum doesn't suffer for too much longer.
We'll be thinking and praying for you and all your family.
Lots of Hugs
take care
Helen[/QUOTE]

Bundy,

Can't begin to tell you how sorry I am, and for what you are going through.
As you know we went through exactly the same scenario with my mum, last year, with Ovarian cancer. The way we handled it a little is Mum used to say i will live from day to day. she used to say I am here today and will definately be here tomorrow, the end of the week who knows, but I found that this helped alot.

Make each day as special as you can, talk, laugh and cry, I am a nurse and I found it really difficult to talk about how my mum felt psychologically, was she frightened. etc
I did ask just once which was bad of me really, and in a true mum style she said " no" probably protecting our feelings as usual.

I do think though that there is a point in someones illness that everything is accepted and that desparate struggle is over and an inner peace seems to take over.
All I can say Bundy is spend as much time with your mum as possible, another thread mentioned letters from your mum. My Mum left each of us a letter, I haven't been able to read mine yet, and it has been 14 months since she passed away. But that piece of paper is my most treasured possession,
I even take it on holiday with me unopened of course in case we have a house fire. !!!!!!!!!! Daft or what.
Maybe you could ask your dad to ask her to write to each of you.

Well Bundy, I will be really sad now for the rest of the day because after reading your thread It has brought so many feelings back.

How can I close other than to say Much Much Love to you and the whole of your family.

Bex 66 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:49 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Hi Bundy,

Only just read this thread...
So sorry to hear about all this.
Will be thinking of you, your mum and family...

Take care,
Sander
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:41 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Message from Bundy:

Things are not too good here. My mum is deteriorating very quickly. We haven't had all her results yet - that happens later today - but we know that she has three tumours on her spine, each pressing on her spinal cord and nerves, hence the pain. We are now 99% certain that it is in her liver and it may have spread elsewhere. She is moving into the hospice in about an hour's time - she has to go by ambulance because her back is so fragile and could break at any minute leaving her paralysed. She is due ot go over for some more radiotherapy next week if she can travel. We'll see. The consultant will tell us more this afternoon, but it's not good and things are moving very fast indeed.

I've got to go now - very busy - but please could you thank people for thinking of my mum and give them an update. I'll write more later.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Message from Bundy:

Things are not too good here. My mum is deteriorating very quickly. We haven't had all her results yet - that happens later today - but we know that she has three tumours on her spine, each pressing on her spinal cord and nerves, hence the pain. We are now 99% certain that it is in her liver and it may have spread elsewhere. She is moving into the hospice in about an hour's time - she has to go by ambulance because her back is so fragile and could break at any minute leaving her paralysed. She is due ot go over for some more radiotherapy next week if she can travel. We'll see. The consultant will tell us more this afternoon, but it's not good and things are moving very fast indeed.

I've got to go now - very busy - but please could you thank people for thinking of my mum and give them an update. I'll write more later.
Thanks Simone.

Hope You are OK Bundy. Thinking of you.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.