BundyMum update

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:30 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: BundyMum update

Don't know what to say Bundy, except to send you all loads of hugs. Keep us all posted as best you can; hopefully, knowing we're all here, batting for you, may give you some support to get thru this....

We are facing a similar situation at the mo with FIL - & are also getting enraged about the terrible way they're treating him. I'm just firing off a letter to MIL/FIL's MP: might not achieve anything, but acts as therapy, I guess . The UK NHS really seems to have lost it lately (I hasten to add that the medics themselves remain as dedicated as ever - it's the system that's become so rubbish).

Anya & MMW.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bundy. Hang on in there. I have no idea what to say. When my dad went, it was so calm and the right time - if that makes sense. There was no pain and I can't imagine what it must be like for all of you now.

Loads of cyber hugs for your mum and dad - and the rest of you. Probably not thinking about such things right now, but have you got someone videoing your brother's grad to show your mum and dad.

All the best and don't try to be strong the whole time. Thinking of you.

Penny
bundy, what can i say, so so sorry, i will say a prayer for you and your family tonight, and yes will give more hugs tonight. you take care

debbie x
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

So sad to read your latest update Bundy, I went through the same with my Dad just before we came over here, so I can understand how tough it is for you right now. I know I can't say anything that will make this time any easier for you, but thinking of you and sending more strength may help a little. Hang on in there....
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Thinking of you.

Mandy
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:40 pm
Cheeky

Bundy,

I dont know what to say except thinking of you.....

Cheeky xx

Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

@^*%#@^&%*@&(@$&*)^#Q

I don't pray, but I can hope, send cyberkarma and cyberhugs etc etc

Hang in there, and on the other hand, you don't have to.

Videoing the graduation sounds like a great idea.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Think of you, Bundy, and your family.

JTL & Mrs
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:36 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bundy, that is crappy news.
As always, I can think of nothing to say that has not already been said so I will say nothing, but consider yourself hugged from all the DagBoys.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:41 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Hey guys,

I'm afraid I've got more bad news. My mum has had her liver ultrasound scan and things do not look good. They've ordered an emergency MRI for tomorrow or Friday and the hospice advised us kids to get over there 'sooner rather than later'.

My mum has been screaming in pain from her back which now appears to be inflamed bone, possibly due to a tumour on her spine. She's got to use a wheelchair from now on which is a big shock to us all. She went to the pain management clinic today though and has some new drugs which seem to be helping already.

We still don't know what's going on with her liver, but given the hushed tones and hopeless faces of the medical staff, it certainly doesn't look good. Last time we were in this situation they gave her 6 weeks. They were wrong then - it hadn't reached her liver - but if they are right this time then I fear it will be considerably less because she is so much weaker this time.

My dad phoned me in tears and could barely speak. He spent the day with my mum in the same department in the same hospital where he watched his dad die on almost this very day 22 years ago. He's distraught. My mum (who actually sounded quite perky on the phone) is adamant that I get my brother to his graduation on Friday and get him through that. Then he and I will hop on the plane to Jersey on Saturday with my other brother joining us, and his wife and Mr B coming later in the week. Booked one-way tickets - who knows when we'll be coming back.

In some ways I knew this was going to happen - I was always the least positive member of my family in terms of hope for the future. Too realistic I guess. But it's a big shock nonetheless and my mum appears to have lost heart in a big way. She keeps saying that she is messing everyone's lives up, which is plainly ridiculous, but it doesn't help her. She won't have chemo or surgery even if it's offered, which it probably won't be, and I can full understand that. I wouldn't want to either.

Not sure what I'm feeling quite yet. I had to break the news to both my brothers which is never pleasant. Then I went into a frenzy of booking flights for everyone and now I'm busy getting my work done because I don't know when I'll be back.

So, I'll be at work tomorrow and then will disappear for a little while, but I'll hop online when I can from Jersey and keep you updated. I'd say send prayers and hopes and wishes this way, but I honestly don't know what to pray for.

Go hug your families a little tighter tonight.....

Bundy
Sorry to hear this Bundy....wish there was something we could do!
Sending you lots of cyber hugs and wishes. Will be thinking of you
Donna
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Hey Bundy, that is crappy news.
As always, I can think of nothing to say that has not already been said so I will say nothing, but consider yourself hugged from all the DagBoys.
Ditto from me Bundy, I know what you mean about not knowing what to pray for.

As well as a video of your brothers graduation, try to get a video of your mum. If shes not that keen (I know how mums are, hate being filmed cos they think their hair is a mess ), try showing her something on the video camera (doesnt matter what, just anything!) & then nonchalantly just popping it on a table in her room or something & surreptitiously turning it on. My brother did that while my mum was in hospital, she was talking about her life when she was young & he gave us all a copy of the video after she died. Mine is still in the cupboard almost 2 years later - I havent had the guts to watch it because I know I will break down, but I know I have it & I know that it will become more & more precious to me (& especially the boys) as the years go on.

As DIMO said, we all wish there was something we could do, but apart from sending good wishes etc, there isn't .

Heaps of hugs from us.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:56 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, yet again, for all your support and the endless hugs (each of which I can feel a little despite being *only* cyberhugs). It helps, it really does.

We're not allowed to video or take photos in the hall where they're doing the grad ceremony, but they produce their own video, so we'll get one of those and take lots of piccies outside. Poor brother really doesn't want to go because he says it's too symbolic going to something like that without my mum. But he's knows he's got to, even if it's tough. He's taking it very hard, being the baby of the family.

The thing I'm most thankful for is that my mum was so well for my older brother's wedding back in July so we have a stack of photos and video footage of her looking fantastic. Mrs D - my mum would have a fit if we secretly filmed her (and she'd know exactly what we were up to!) but I do want to get her to tell us some of the old family stories and get them down on paper. Job for younger brother, I think.

Luckily (for me) I've got loads to organise at the moment and over the next few days, so I don't have to think about it too much. I'm a practical, realistic kind of person so I'm not going over there with any illusions as to what we will find out next week. But I am going over with a stack of warm jumpers and plenty of goodies from Neals Yard to cheer her up. And my mum, true to form and showing that her sense of humour is still intact, if a little dented, told me that if she does have to have chemo and loses her hair then at least she can get a blond wig, and along with her surgical corset, she might even begin to look like Goldie Hawn (my dad's ideal woman). Bless her.

So, the chin is up because it has to be and I know what needs to be done and how hard it will be. Just got to get through it the best we can.

I'll be posting when I can....
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Stay strong Bundy.

My thoughts are with you

G
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:19 am
Professional Princess

Bundy, I dont know what to say, except that I am sitting at my computer, trying very hard not to cry for you and your mum.

Be strong.

Love Sam

This message is to your mum,

Lots of people are thinking about you and worry about you.

You are not alone.

Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi bundy just read your thread from beginning to end,i really really feel for you,youve got lots of people rooting for both you and your mum on this forum,im sure we ll all be thinking of you over the weekend,lots of hugs.

tracey.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

(((((((((((((((((((((Bundy)))))))))))))))))))))))) )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.