BundyMum update

Old Nov 10th 2004, 3:25 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: BundyMum update

Oh Bundy, just dunno what to say (and it's not often that words fail me).

Our thoughts are with you & your family.

Anya & MarkMyWords xxxxx
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:33 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts with you Bundy, What I know about you, you being there probably is giving you mum a lot of strength to fight. You are an incredible person, and I'm sure that you got this from your mum. Take care, my prayers are with you.
sukh
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:41 am
Go Banana's !!

Bundy and Mum

You are never far from our thoughts, big hugs.

Jill, Warren, Imogen and Smudge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:54 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

oh bundy

It is such a difficult time for you all...
take care,
my thoughts are with you
xx
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:49 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you and your mum Bundy

Take care

Petra xxx
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Update from Bundy:

Hi Simone,

Using my temporary email address at the moment, because it means I can type messages offline...

Just wanted to say thank so much for posting something on the forum and for all the replies you send me. They mean a lot. It's really hard for me to get online for any length of time because we're on dial up here and the phone is constantly busy! So if you don't mind, perhaps you could post another update for me until I can make an appearance myself.

Things are a little more positive than we had feared. The move to the hospice went well and my mum is very comfortable there. We saw the consultant last night and he gave us as full a picture as he could. Basically, there is a tumour in her spine which has caused the vertebrae to shift with bone pressing on the spinal cord. The body is trying to attack the tumour so there is a lot of fluid and inflammation which is pressing on the nerves that run through the spine, hence the large amount of pain. Her spine is basically fractured - she is now classed as having a spinal injury and should really be on a spinal ward, and she has been incredibly lucky, if you can call it that, because one tiny false move and she would have been paralysed from the chest down - the vertebrae in question is at the join between her thoracic and lumbar spine (just so the medical bods on the forum know that I've been listening!). There are also signs of cancer on her liver, but they now reckon they could have been there since the beginning, and even if they are new, they don't seem unduly worried about them.

All that sounds really bad, but in fact they said there is lots they can still do - the first and most important thing is radiotherapy, so she needs to get to Southampton as soon as possible for radiotherapy to rebuild her spine. because she's in such a fragile state, she is going to be sent over by air ambulance, which she's not impressed about! We're not sure when that's going to happen, but it could even be tomorrow. So, they'll get that sorted and they've already got her on all sorts of drugs to relieve the pain and tackle the cancer. In fact, she's on these heavy duty steroids, talking rubbish and eating like a horse! She reckons she'll turn into a Russian shotputter and we'll have to call her Olga ;o) She may need chemo after all this, but that's not been decided yet. Their main aim is to get her spine sorted and then get her home, provided we can make the adjustments to the house. And she needs to wear a corset, but she's quite happy about that (and reckons it will go well with the Goldie Hawn wig she wants to get if she has chemo).

Anyway, things are serious because of her spine, but it's structural more than cancer-related and they seem confident that they can do something. She won't go back to how she was in the summer, and life will never be the same again, but there should be an improvement and, in the words of the consultant, we're not rattling towards the end of the track yet. So, for now she's at the hospice (massage, reflexology and manicure this morning) where she needs to be and we're all getting ourselves together for the next stage. We spend a lot of time at the hospice (brother likes to play on the special 'ejector seat' chairs and we all sit there and do the crossword, very cosy!) but come back here each night. My dad's ok and actually managed a proper night's sleep last night (we were all knackered though).

Thanks to everyone for all their messages and thoughts - keep sending them, and I'll keep passing them along. I'll get online when I can......

Last edited by Simone; Nov 10th 2004 at 1:34 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Simone
Update from Bundy:

Hi Simone,

Using my temporary email address at the moment, because it means I can type messages offline...

Just wanted to say thank so much for posting something on the forum and for all the replies you send me. They mean a lot. It's really hard for me to get online for any length of time because we're on dial up here and the phone is constantly busy! So if you don't mind, perhaps you could post another update for me until I can make an appearance myself.

Things are a little more positive than we had feared. The move to the hospice went well and my mum is very comfortable there. We saw the consultant last night and he gave us as full a picture as he could. Basically, there is a tumour in her spine which has caused the vertebrae to shift with bone pressing on the spinal cord. The body is trying to attack the tumour so there is a lot of fluid and inflammation which is pressing on the nerves that run through the spine, hence the large amount of pain. Her spine is basically fractured - she is now classed as having a spinal injury and should really be on a spinal ward, and she has been incredibly lucky, if you can call it that, because one tiny false move and she would have been paralysed from the chest down - the vertebrae in question is at the join between her thoracic and lumbar spine (just so the medical bods on the forum know that I've been listening!). There are also signs of cancer on her liver, but they now reckon they could have been there since the beginning, and even if they are new, they don't seem unduly worried about them.

All that sounds really bad, but in fact they said there is lots they can still do - the first and most important thing is radiotherapy, so she needs to get to Southampton as soon as possible for radiotherapy to rebuild her spine. because she's in such a fragile state, she is going to be sent over by air ambulance, which she's not impressed about! We're not sure when that's going to happen, but it could even be tomorrow. So, they'll get that sorted and they've already got her on all sorts of drugs to relieve the pain and tackle the cancer. In fact, she's on these heavy duty steroids, talking rubbish and eating like a horse! She reckons she'll turn into a Russian shotputter and we'll have to call her Olga ;o) She may need chemo after all this, but that's not been decided yet. Their main aim is to get her spine sorted and then get her home, provided we can make the adjustments to the house. And she needs to wear a corset, but she's quite happy about that (and reckons it will go well with the Goldie Hawn wig she wants to get if she has chemo).

Anyway, things are serious because of her spine, but it's structural more than cancer-related and they seem confident that they can do something. She won't go back to how she was in the summer, and life will never be the same again, but there should be an improvement and, in the words of the consultant, we're not rattling towards the end of the track yet. So, for now she's at the hospice (massage, reflexology and manicure this morning) where she needs to be and we're all getting ourselves together for the next stage. We spend a lot of time at the hospice (brother likes to play on the special 'ejector seat' chairs and we all sit there and do the crossword, very cosy!) but come back here each night. My dad's ok and actually managed a proper night's sleep last night (we were all knackered though).

Thanks to everyone for all their messages and thoughts - keep sending them, and I'll keep passing them along. I'll get online when I can......
Thanks for the update Simone, sounds more hopeful
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds sort of positive and hopefully you will all be able to get a bit of rest for the time being. Hope the air ambulance goes ok.

Your mum sounds like she is going to be a major looker - Goldie Hawn as a russian shotputter She'll be pulling doctors left right and centre like that.

Hope all goes well and Simone is doing a brilliant job keeping us informed
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Unhappy Re: BundyMum update

hiya bundy

haven't read this thread for a while so was heartbroken to read about your mum's condition. I hope that they can relieve the pressure to her spine and make her more comfortable atleast. Keep taking care of yourself. You're all in our thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love and hugs

Sophia & family xxxx

PS Tell your mum to keep fighting...there are too many people on here praying for her....we all love BundyMum! xxx

Last edited by sophia; Nov 10th 2004 at 2:20 pm. Reason: to add a PS
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:19 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Yes Simone, thanks for keeping us up to date and sending Bundy the replies!
Glad to hear things are looking a bit more positive!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

No worries.

Have just replied with all the messages since the email last night.

I'm also glad it's a bit more positive.
Less pain, and more time. That's exactly what I was hoping for!

Really must go to bed in time now for once!

seeyas
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:48 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Update from Bundy:

<doing a grand job simone, thanks for being the link between us the concerned and the really-concerned-Bundy clan >

Hiya Bundy,

thanks for the update (through simone), although Bundy-mom is still in a fragile state, i suppose its better its structural rather than cancer related as you said. Wishing you and all the bundy-clan the best and hope we can be a little bit of strength for you, thoughts and prayers to you!

K
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

No worries.

Have just replied with all the messages since the email last night.

I'm also glad it's a bit more positive.
Less pain, and more time. That's exactly what I was hoping for!

Really must go to bed in time now for once!

seeyas
Thanks Simone

Hang on in there Bundy. Still thinking of you.

G
Old Nov 10th 2004, 3:10 pm
Cheeky

Thanks Simone for the update, still thinking of you and your family Bundy.

Cheekyx

Old Nov 10th 2004, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I have just managed to catch up with this thread myself and I really don't know what to say except to ditto everyone elses thoughts and to say we are all thinking of you at this difficult time and hope that your mum's trip to Southampton is as successful as your mum obviously deserves it to be.

My love, wishes and thoughts are with you and all your family Bundy.

Lindsey

PS Simone thanks for keeping us all updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.