BundyMum update

Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:11 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy

The most exciting development, however, is The Corset.Yep, she got it yesterday, was strapped straight in - it looks like a straightjacket, all buckles and velcro - and walked for the first time in weeks. We spent most of last night on the floor in laughter because it's clearly designed by a man and there is nowhere to, erm, put the boobs! They are completely out of control somewhere under her chin and bouncing and rolling all over the place. It's funny enough in itself, but we had some very posh relatives visiting last night and I was on Boob Patrol in case one of them escaped in front of company. We're going to lash 'em down with some gaffer tape.
Thanks for the corse update BM and you sound incredibly happy just to be together and that's wonderful dear Bundy. Have a lovely time together. Love to you both, your Dad and the rest of the family.
With love,
Desi
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:15 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Bundy,

I'm sure you know that you're better off watching DVDs with Mum rather than with posh rellies who forget to invite you out!

Enjoy these special times. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance with my Dad as he went downhill over a matter of hours (brain tumour). I would give anything to have been able to have had some special time with him.

This is what special memories are made of.

Tried to send karma but got told off.

Christine
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Looks like I've beaten Simone to this, so here's the latest update from here in Jersey...

It's been all-go this week! Arrived on Tuesday to find BundyMum looking very perky back at the hospice having had her brother and sister visiting at the weekend. I've spent a lot of time with her on my own while my dad whirls about doing stuff and we've had some great chats. She's been a bit wobbly, but that's to be expected. We spoke to her consultant who has revised her 'sentence' so to speak.....basically it all hinges on the effectiveness of the radiotherapy. If it's worked, she have months. If it hasn't, more like weeks. But the good news is that she has gained a lot of strength in her legs, has earned maximum brownie points from the physio for doing her exercises and is generally looking a lot freer in her movements. Plus she is absolutely no pain whatsoever which is the best thing of all, and it's made her a lot brighter.

The most exciting development, however, is The Corset.Yep, she got it yesterday, was strapped straight in - it looks like a straightjacket, all buckles and velcro - and walked for the first time in weeks. We spent most of last night on the floor in laughter because it's clearly designed by a man and there is nowhere to, erm, put the boobs! They are completely out of control somewhere under her chin and bouncing and rolling all over the place. It's funny enough in itself, but we had some very posh relatives visiting last night and I was on Boob Patrol in case one of them escaped in front of company. We're going to lash 'em down with some gaffer tape.

All this means that she should be home next week, subject to a house vetting by the occupational therapist and district nurse. I spent 5 hours cleaning the house yesterday in preparation. if we can make some adjustments, she should be home pretty much permanently for now at least, just going back to the hospice for baths and pampering. She's over the moon, as are we all.

Posh relatives are taking my dad, brother and SIL out for a posh dinner tonight, but they hadn't realised I was here, so I'm not invited!!! Charming. But I don't mind in the least because I'm off to the hospice to spend a girly evening with my mum watching DVDs.

So, that's that really. Don't get much of a chance to get online, but I can feel the waves of support nonetheless, so thanks once again. More reports to follow.....

Thats great news for your mum to be finally be coming home,must be a real boost in itself for her to hear that news.
Had a giggle at your episode with the corset !!
Nice to hear mums up on her feet,Cheers all around!!
Sending loads of luv & thoughts are with you all x x

Donna & Malcolm x

Last edited by madsad; Nov 27th 2004 at 4:26 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 5:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really good news bundy. sod the posh ones! you'll have a much better time with your mum. My trouble is I picture myself with my mother in the same situation and I don't come off very well
I have already told her that under no circumstances will I do anything remotely personal to her if infirm, and the idea of being on her boob patrol fills me with horror But all families are different and I would love to have had something of the relationship with her that you obviously have with yours. You are one lucky lady but you know that already. Enjoy every minute you can.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:51 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Oh Bundy, I was really LMAO at BM's potential 'wardrobe malfunction'!!

Glad to hear she - and you - are still laughing!

Anya. xx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Positive news!

From Bundy:

Dear everyone,

Sorry, not given an update for a while, partly from living a shady existence between home and hospice and partly because things were looking bad for a while and I couldn't face it. But as of today I have news, and it's a little more positive for once.....

BundyMum saw the oncology consultant today and he is very pleased with her progress since her radiotherapy. Such is the strong stuff of which she is made that she has managed to have no side effects whatsoever from her RT and even managed to overcome the anaemia she'd begun to suffer from by her own means and without the aid of a blood transfusion. Anyway, the news is that she isn't entirely a lost cause and is being given chemo. She'll start after Christmas and will have 18 weeks of treatment which means that she should be around for 18 weeks and beyond, good when you consider that it was looking dodgy for Christmas this time last week. The chemo will treat the tumours on her spine primarily but will also tackle the small patches on her liver, the original tumour in her breast and any other loitering malignancies. Nobody seems remotely worried about her liver at this stage, which is good because we were all worrying about it a lot! There is even talk, to early to be conclusive at this stage, of her being allowed to walk without her corset and zimmer frame which is way more than we could ever have hoped for.

So, she should be back home on Wednesday having passed the mountaineering test set by the physio (climbing one flight of stairs). She has her corset firmly in place (think Victorian straightjacket or truss) and what with her stockings (medical, but hold ups nonetheless) and the Goldie Hawn wig she's got her eye on for when her hair falls out, she isn't looking too bad. She is totally without pain, eating like a horse, holding court over her many visitors and giving us all instructions for life (apparently I've got to write and article for The Times about hospices and go hot air ballooning in Kenya!?!). She zimmers with us to the door each evening when we leave the hospice and it pretty nimble on her feet these days. The house is full of contraptions delivered by the Occupational Therapist, most of which my younger brother is enjoying testing out (raiser-recliner chair and BathMaster being the favourites, commode as yet untested). My father, of Scottish blood and therefore a little, erm, frugal has even allowed us to turn on some of the oil heaters in this old, cold, unheated granite house. A major success by all accounts.

Mr B is supposed to be coming over on Thursday but has flu and bronchitis and so will probably be banned because of the risk of infecting my mum. Given that my mum has been given strict instructions not to sneeze and if she absolutely has to, to lie down first, we need to keep her away from cold-afflicted people. I'm going back to the UK for a week next week when I will return to active duty on the forum and then we're all back here for Christmas.

And that's the update. Things look better this afternoon than they did this morning which is about as much as anyone in this situation can ever hope for and we have our fingers crossed for a steady progress.

Hope everyone else is ok....

Bundy

Last edited by Simone; Dec 7th 2004 at 4:44 am.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks Simone

Bundy, am so happy you've had a bit of positive news at last. Well done BundyMum for being so strong, and even more well done's (not very good English ) to you for being even stronger. My heart goes out to you and your family, I hope you can enjoy your Christmas together

Michelle xxx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that the family are all bearing up well and things are on a 'postive' for you all.
Hope you all have a lovely xmastime together - enjoy every moment.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:35 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for the update Simone!

Glad to hear of some positive news for the Bundy family!
Hope you have a nice Christmas together.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:51 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for updating Bundy so nice to hear that there is some positive news for Bundy Mum. ( Keep up the good work Bundy Mum)
Thinking of you all and sending cyber hugs and prayers.
Donna xx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:11 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear its going so well for bundymum..........!

Bundy - I hope you are LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF TOO!!!!!!!
Dont go burning out girl......remember you too (I know its difficult...)

lots of love to you and your family, as always

sue xx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Good news indeed, thanks for the update Simone ... take care Bundy, here's to a good Christmas
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:44 am
Professional Princess

A poem for all the best Mums out there

By Samantha

Did I ever tell you Mum
Just what you mean to me,
Though it took a while to realise
To see the things you see.

The times we had are arguments
The times I thought you tough,
I thought that I knew everything
That life couldn't be that rough.

Now I am much older,
Deciding what I do,
You were right about life being hard
I now believe thats true.

I have taken all your values,
I feel you taught me well
Will I turn out decent?
Only time will tell.

So thank you for your knowledge
For everything you've done,
Thank you just for being there
I love you, you're my Mum.

I love you Mum.

Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:04 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
So, she should be back home on Wednesday having passed the mountaineering test set by the physio (climbing one flight of stairs). She has her corset firmly in place (think Victorian straightjacket or truss) and what with her stockings (medical, but hold ups nonetheless) and the Goldie Hawn wig she's got her eye on for when her hair falls out, she isn't looking too bad. She is totally without pain, eating like a horse, holding court over her many visitors and giving us all instructions for life (apparently I've got to write and article for The Times about hospices and go hot air ballooning in Kenya!?!).
Bundy
That's good news, Bundy. Love to everyone and a special hug for you.
Desi
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:45 pm
Cheeky

Thanks for the update Simone,

Glad things are going well for Bundy mum,

Take care Bundy and family,

Hope you all have a lovely xmas,

Best wishes,
Cheeky
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.