BundyMum update

Old Jan 4th 2005, 7:11 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BundyMum update

So glad that christmas was good and that your Mum got to do all the things she wanted (especially getting out of cooking the roast )

Heres to strength for the next round.
Hugs, Hxx
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Bundy
Just wanted to wish you all the best for the coming year.
Take care
Debsx
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bundy,
So glad that things went off well, and your mum managed to achieve so much.Such a good family time must give her extra strength I'm sure.

As for the cards - no espionage, just a bit of exercising the grey matter and comparing notes with other Expats!

All the best to the family for the coming year.

Polly
xx
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:41 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you back Bundy.

Pleased christmas went well.

Best wishes

G
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:00 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

All the very best to Bundy & the BM. Will be thinking of you in the coming months.

Anya
xx
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

hi Bundy
I'm always reluctant to post replies to your thread, thinking whatever I say will just sound hopelessly corny...but really pleased to hear about Christmas, midnight mass sounded very emotional for you all... your mum sounds like a very plucky lady!
best wishes for the new year!
m
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bundy,

Great to hear some good positive news at the beginning of the year. Hope the Chemo goes as well as it can. Not heard of the ice pack thing for hair loss - hope it does the trick.

14 years ago today, I visited Jersey for the first and probably now my last time - we went on our honeymoon. Hubby has forgotten wedding anniversary and to be honest, until I read this update, so had I. Better nip out and get a card at least.

All the best and send BM lots and lots of love.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:38 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsMangle
hi Bundy
I'm always reluctant to post replies to your thread, thinking whatever I say will just sound hopelessly corny...but really pleased to hear about Christmas, midnight mass sounded very emotional for you all... your mum sounds like a very plucky lady!
best wishes for the new year!
m
Thanks MrsM,

Don't worry, even the corny stuff helps. The number of cliches I have whizzing round my head at any one time is really quite amusing, but sometimes the phrases we all think are a bit hackneyed ring surprisingly true and help more than you might imagine.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Smile Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy
Right, I promised Simone a post-Chrimble update on BM, so here it is.

We actually had a pretty good Christmas, if a little over-emotional. BM is in excellent form and, in the week I was back here, had with characteristic 'determination' (stubborness) started walking greater distances, climbing the stairs with alternate feet rather than stopping on each step, been out Christmas shopping in her wheelchair with my dad (she's decided to help me with my disability co-ordination work, apparently, so this was merely an 'exercise' ) and done all the Christmas cards. Knowing that we were likely to turn up with an array of scummy coughs and colds they had decided to give her a whacking dose of antibiotics, so while we all succumbed (brother on Christmas Eve, me on Christmas Day, SIL on Boxing Day), she remained resoundingly perky.

Major and deeply emotional achievement was getting her to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. My mum's a bit of a church goer and hadn't been since September. Her one aim, when things were really bleak, was to get to church one last time, preferably for Midnight Mass. As it happened, she was champing at the bit to get there, indignant at the wheelchair and bundled up in more blankets than you could shake a stick at. She was wheeled up towards the altar but clambered out of her wheelchair and walked up to the altar rail itself to receive communion (ok, so she couldn't kneel, but she reckoned god might let her off that one ). The vicar nearly had a heart attack given the deafening round of applause that followed! My older brother was too upset to leave the church and there were certainly tears all round it being the church in which my parents were married and which has seen the marriages, christenings and funerals of a large chunk of the family over the years.

Anyway, Christmas itself was great, my mum able to come downstairs for longer now and able to sit in her special chair for some hours. She was beaming at the fact that she got out of cooking the turkey for the first time in 4 decades and got spoilt rotten, which she clearly deserves. She's still eating like a horse, so much so that her corset has had to be, erm, adjusted, but this is a good thing given the trials of chemo that lie ahead.

So, the main thing now is getting her ready for her chemo and trying to get her to slow down a bit! She's going to have special ice packs on her head to prevent hair loss, if possible, and seems to be of the opinion that she has another chance to fight so that's just what she's going to do. SHe's still going backwards and forwards to the day hospice and telling people she's not really that ill. Bless her, she really is one of a kind.

I'm going back on 17th to assist with the chemo side effects. Getting ready for the next round, really.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!

Bundy

PS - you Brisbane/Perth drinking club/ladies - a HUGE thank you for the cards. I understand that a degree of espionage was required which could be slightly unnerving were in not for the fact that you're all good people and the cards were there to greet us on our return from Jersey. Gave me a really big boost and I'll take them with me next time I go back to show the BundyParents. Thanks guys, you're little legends, the lot of you.

So glad Christmas went well we wish you and your family all the very best for the new year and remember to live one day at a time and to the full !!!!

Much love

Bex 66
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:13 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

G'day Bundy,

Glad to hear that things on up the up-side. Whilst I've not really had much of a chance to get to know you since I've been here, I feel that I know you a little bit through chatting with Polly. Your BundyMum thread (especially the midnight mass attendance) makes me think of a great friend's Mum who, sadly, passed away nearly two years ago at the age of 86. She was one very special lady.

You are a great writer and I enjoy the style of your posts. That may sound a little 'odd' (I'm tired and can't think straight and I'm trying not to sound trite!), but it's meant as a compliment!

I do hope that your trials and tribulations are behind you now and wish you and your family all the very best for 2005 and beyond.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:20 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

G'day Bundy,

Glad to hear that things on up the up-side. Whilst I've not really had much of a chance to get to know you since I've been here, I feel that I know you a little bit through chatting with Polly. Your BundyMum thread (especially the midnight mass attendance) makes me think of a great friend's Mum who, sadly, passed away nearly two years ago at the age of 86. She was one very special lady.

You are a great writer and I enjoy the style of your posts. That may sound a little 'odd' (I'm tired and can't think straight and I'm trying not to sound trite!), but it's meant as a compliment!

I do hope that your trials and tribulations are behind you now and wish you and your family all the very best for 2005 and beyond.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks Chris, that is a compliment and taken as one! When all this first happened the only way I could sort it all out in my head was to sit down and write about it. Being stuck on a tiny rock away from home and Mr B and my friends and not being one to keep a diary, this forum proved to be the one thing that kept me going. It's as much about me being able to get my worries out by writing them down as it is all the amazing words of comfort and advice I've found here. You never know, one day someone else might find themselves in this situation and if reading any of these ramblings from the last year can help, then that's a good thing. This time last year the whole world of cancer and chemo and pain and death was a million miles away. Now it's on my doorstep and I truly believe that you can only ever try your hardest to make the best of a crappy situation, accept the negatives, grab hold of the positives and take every bit of comfort and kindness going.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:54 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

eyup bundy,
glad to hear all is well in your camp....sounds like you got lumbered with the cooking like I did!....and bundymum just keeps on smashing those odds doesnt she!?
fantastic news!

heres to a very prosperous new year for you all!

sue x
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:59 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
eyup bundy,
glad to hear all is well in your camp....sounds like you got lumbered with the cooking like I did!....and bundymum just keeps on smashing those odds doesnt she!?
fantastic news!

heres to a very prosperous new year for you all!

sue x

Wotcha Sue,

Yep, she is the miracle patient! The consultants just shake their heads and gawp at her when she sees them and people keep on sidling up to us and saying 'she's a very determined lady, isn't she?' She's certainly not a quitter!
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:09 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Wotcha Sue,
Yep, she is the miracle patient! The consultants just shake their heads and gawp at her when she sees them and people keep on sidling up to us and saying 'she's a very determined lady, isn't she?' She's certainly not a quitter!
That's nice to hear, Bundy. The very best for 2005 to you and yours.
Love, Desi
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

She was wheeled up towards the altar but clambered out of her wheelchair and walked up to the altar rail itself to receive communion (ok, so she couldn't kneel, but she reckoned god might let her off that one ). The vicar nearly had a heart attack given the deafening round of applause that followed! My older brother was too upset to leave the church and there were certainly tears all round it being the church in which my parents were married and which has seen the marriages, christenings and funerals of a large chunk of the family over the years.
Wow, even made me cry now!

Glad everything went well!
Fingers crossed for the 17th and thereafter!

Can imagine the espionage was creepy But remember, not just anybody could've gotten it off the forum, only things from pm's made it possible.(and we haven't been spreading pm's around to wierdo's either )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.