BundyMum update

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I had typed a reply & sent it, but it seems it disappeared into cyberspace .

Oh dear, Im so sorry that its such bad news Bundy . I know what it was like when my mum was sick, its like being in a dream, you wake in the morning & for just half a second you have forgotten what is happening & then it suddenly hits you & you feel like you cant face anymore, but you have to .

Anyway, ditto to what everyone else has said, keeping fingers crossed that you get the best outcome possible.

Thanks Mrs D - that's exactly what it feels like.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bundy

I was really sorry to hear your news. Cyber hugs to you and your Mum and lets hope things start to get better with some new treatment. It must be hard for you being away from your Mum. Mrs H went through the same thing before we got married and it is not easy for anyone.

I hope you do get some good news soon

Alastair
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bundy
Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy
Hi Bundy, just found this thread and read it from the beginning, can't believe all that you're going through... I know it must be a really tough time for you, but I don't think you'll ever regret putting everything on hold to be with your Mum & Dad right now. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job, just being there for them, just make sure you save a bit of TLC for yourself too..
Thinking of you, and sending strength....
kath n kim
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone....

Nobody chooses to be in this situation but you can choose how you deal with it, which is better than nothing I suppose. Or, as my younger brother is fond of saying 'sh*t happens, but it doesn't need to stick'
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

So sorry to hear the latest news. Hope your mum can get started on new treatment as soon as possible.
Take care
Yvonne
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:11 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi hunny,
so sorry to hear about this setback.
sending you lots of cyber hugs,

sue xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi hunny,
so sorry to hear about this setback.
sending you lots of cyber hugs,

sue xxx
hi bundy,

so sorry to hear about bundymum, yorkshire karma on its way. take good care of yourself aswell as your mum

debsx
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hi bundy,

so sorry to hear about bundymum, yorkshire karma on its way. take good care of yourself aswell as your mum

debsx

Thanks Debs. Can't beat a bit of Yorkshire karma.....
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

Hi Bundy,
This is the first time I have read this thread and I do understand, nursed my Grandfather for a very long time.
I just wanted to write that I'm not a counsellor, but I am a friendly youth worker, who acts as a good sounding board for people of all ages (Glaswegian - so not offended by swearing). If you need to sound off - you know where I am.x

Sending you lots of cyberhugs and best wishes
Kristine.xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 3:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy, honey so sorry to just read the last lot of stuff. I am bloody angry for you, god knows how you are coping. But you must remember to look after yourself as well as the rest of the family.

Hope everyone enjoys ( ) your brother's graduation as much as you can.

Cyber hugs and karma flying up the A1 as we speak. All the best.

Penny
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bundy, honey so sorry to just read the last lot of stuff. I am bloody angry for you, god knows how you are coping. But you must remember to look after yourself as well as the rest of the family.

Hope everyone enjoys ( ) your brother's graduation as much as you can.

Cyber hugs and karma flying up the A1 as we speak. All the best.

Penny
Hi bundy,
BLOODY sickening, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family and sending you every good wish possible.

sis fortis, Bex 66
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone....
'sh*t happens, but it doesn't need to stick'
HOW TRUE.....!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Well, here I am in Jersey yet again.....

My mum actually looks a lot better than I had feared. She's just started eating again and is consuming quantities of some vile looking drink that contains 1300 calories per glass . As one who has been on the chubby side for years, she keeps proclaiming that she never thought she'd see the day when she actually needed fattening up! She's on a new cocktail of drugs which seem to be working and she's not looking too bad. Just made her watercress soup (fat and diary free )

My dad's wobbling - tears at the airport as expected, but he's calming down now I'm here.

I've got a day of ironing tomorrow and then will be pestering the hospice, GP and oncology department on Monday until I get someone to do something about the pain my mum is in. Wheeling out the family stubborn streak again....

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and words and PMs - all greatly appreciated as ever. BundyMum says hello to you all.
very best of luck bundy
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:50 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bundy
Just to let you know i am thinking of you all. lots of cyber thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Donna xx
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 1:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy

You poor thing - I've been reading your story since the beginning of the year and keep hoping its going to get better for you, you're certainly having it tough. Lots and lots of cyber hugs and positive thoughts coming your way. Hope you can make the best of the graduation, as its a one-off thing and try and relax and have 'fun' for a couple of hours at least.

Energy being sent your way also......................

xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.