Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OT - BundyMum update

OT - BundyMum update

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT - BundyMum update

Totally off-topic, I know, but various people have been asking how my mum is, so I thought I'd post something quickly.

She's amazing. Blinkin' amazing that woman. She finished all her treamtent (radiotherapy) in June and hasn't looked back. She's back at work, albeit part time and therefore much, much happier. She's not allowed to swim yet due to the RT, so she stubbornly paddles and stomps up and down the beach every day. She's joined a local cancer support group, not to get support, but to talk to people who have just been diagnosed and try to give them some support.

She's become the new poster girl for the Jersey Hospice, appearing on local TV, posters, promo stuff etc etc. We keep joking that she'll be opening supermarkets with Dale Winton next. She claims she's been chosen because she looks remarkably healthy for a cancer (im)patient, which is true, because she looks fantastic, best in years.

She went to see the consultant a couple of weeks ago - her tumour is so small as to have fallen off the scale and the bones are healing well. So she's been told to go away and get on with life, perhaps pop in in a year or so to check up

She's ranting about the virtues of acupuncture, reiki and a non-diary diet to anyone who'll listen and those that won't. Can't knock it, it's definitely worked for her!

So all in all, she's doing incredibly well. She still has the print out of the original thread, the one from The Dark Days and reads it for inspiration every now and then. And she often asks after those people who helped during those dark days, sending good wishes, cyber hugs, prayers and more. She says it played a big part in her recovery.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know - even when things look crappy and bleak and desperate and beyond hope, it can and does improve. Now, go hug those close to you and remember nothing lasts forever.

Bundy

PS - for those that want the whole story, here's the link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ad+times+bundy

Last edited by bundy; Aug 10th 2004 at 2:52 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Talking Re: OT - BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy
Totally off-topic, I know, but various people have been asking how my mum is, so I thought I'd post something quickly.

She's amazing. Blinkin' amazing that woman. She finished all her treamtent (radiotherapy) in June and hasn't looked back. She's back at work, albeit part time and therefore much, much happier. She's not allowed to swim yet due to the RT, so she stubbornly paddles and stomps up and down the beach every day. She's joined a local cancer support group, not to get support, but to talk to people who have just been diagnosed and try to give them some support.

She's become the new poster girl for the Jersey Hospice, appearing on local TV, posters, promo stuff etc etc. We keep joking that she'll be opening supermarkets with Dale Winton next. She claims she's been chosen because she looks remarkably healthy for a cancer (im)patient, which is true, because she looks fantastic, best in years.

She went to see the consultant a couple of weeks ago - her tumour is so small as to have fallen off the scale and the bones are healing well. So she's been told to go away and get on with life, perhaps pop in in a year or so to check up

She's ranting about the virtues of acupuncture, reiki and a non-diary diet to anyone who'll listen and those that won't. Can't knock it, it's definitely worked for her!

So all in all, she's doing incredibly well. She still has the print out of the original thread, the one from The Dark Days and reads it for inspiration every now and then. And she often asks after those people who helped during those dark days, sending good wishes, cyber hugs, prayers and more. She says it played a big part in her recovery.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know - even when things look crappy and bleak and desperate and beyond hope, it can and does improve. Now, go hug those close to you and remember nothing lasts forever.

Bundy
hiya bundy
was only thinking about you and your mum the other day...wondering how she was getting on! Am really thrilled to hear her recovery is going so well. There are plenty of us cancer survivors out here, we just don't seem to hear about the survival stories as much. Am so pleased to hear she's getting on with life and I'll bet the poster girl stuff has helped to boost her confidence.

Big hugs and stuff to you all

love sophia xxx
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:35 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT - BundyMum update

Originally Posted by sophia
hiya bundy
was only thinking about you and your mum the other day...wondering how she was getting on! Am really thrilled to hear her recovery is going so well. There are plenty of us cancer survivors out here, we just don't seem to hear about the survival stories as much. Am so pleased to hear she's getting on with life and I'll bet the poster girl stuff has helped to boost her confidence.

Big hugs and stuff to you all

love sophia xxx
Thanks Sophia,

When I think back to that low point in February.....I shudder. Still, as you say, plenty of survivors out there and they all seem to come out of the woodwork eventually, which is good.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:35 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

That is wonderful She sounds like a truely remarkable woman and if you have inheirited any of her strong will you are bound do well embracing a new life in Oz.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:38 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by bundy
Thanks Sophia,

When I think back to that low point in February.....I shudder. Still, as you say, plenty of survivors out there and they all seem to come out of the woodwork eventually, which is good.

Really really really pleased for you and your mum and your family - she sounds like a true inspiration - love to see the poster!!

Take care
Jill

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Really really really pleased for you and your mum and your family - she sounds like a true inspiration - love to see the poster!!

Take care
Jill

LOL! Shall try to find it....got a lovely photo of her at my brother's recent wedding, and shall post it when I next have it on me.

Yep, she's an inspiration alright. Long line of strong-willed women in my family of which I am imensely proud and really do hope to inherit!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Bundy.
I am sure you have helped her a lot as well

Best wishes

G
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy, thanks for the update, its good to hear how shes getting on. That is such good news "go away and get on with life" has to be sweet music after those dark days you all went through. Sounds like she's a good example for the rest of us with her positive attitude!
Hope you are feeling more on an even keel now too - time to pamper yourself now. You're a good example to the rest of us too, you've been through a lot too, and always come up cheerful.
Big hugs to both of you!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Oh Bundy
i'm so pleased that your mum is on the road to recovery, she is truly an inspiration to us all,
do give her my kind regards
Rach x
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

Thanks guys. Have been spectacularly cr*p at looking after myself, so still reeling somewhat. Luckily I have people to help drag me through it, so it's not all bad.

Don't think I'll even be on an ever keel - wasn't before, so I doubt I'll go back to it!

Last edited by bundy; Aug 10th 2004 at 2:46 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

That's great news bundy,all the best for everyones future.
As has already been said, " inspiration "

Paul.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff bundy, as I said, really really amazing!!!

Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hey Bundy

Great to hear BundyMum is doing so well. I remember that first post back in the Dark Days - it was pretty terrifying stuff and made a lot of us sit back and think what was really important in life.

So does this mean she is fit enough to visit you when you finally get to Australia ?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 4:40 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Hey Bundy

Great to hear BundyMum is doing so well. I remember that first post back in the Dark Days - it was pretty terrifying stuff and made a lot of us sit back and think what was really important in life.

So does this mean she is fit enough to visit you when you finally get to Australia ?

Well, that's the tricky part. Fit enough, yes, but able to sit for 24 hours when you're recovering from (breast) cancer in the cervical spine and pelvis? Hmmmmm.....

She's planning a route with a lot of stopovers!

To be honest, it's made the going-to-Oz decision a bit harder. Have to see how it goes, I suppose.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 4:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

And here she is, the BundyMum, at one of the BundyBrother's wedding a month or so back....not the best picture, mind, but it'll do.
Attached Thumbnails OT - BundyMum update-bundymum-small-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.