Bunbury area

Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bunbury area

Hi Guys (Angie, Mandy, Sarah!)

It looks like there'll be a fair few of us Bunbury way before long! We probably won't be there until end of 2008/beginning of 2009 at the earliest. I want to finish another year of teaching and I'd like my kids to finish a full year too.

To be honest I feel that I'm not in such a rush to get there. I really like life at the moment and I'm a bit panicked by the thought of leaving it behind. I have moments of real excitment though. It reminds me of being pregnant for the first time! You need 9 months to get used to the idea of having a baby. I need lots of time to get used to the idea of moving to Oz! Does that sound weird?

I certainly gives me confidence to think of other Brits over there. Please keep us up to date with all your news as you know how we all like to hear about others on the journey!

Take care

Alex

BTW Husband making me sit down and do the visa app. forms tonight - what fun!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice
Smile Re: Bunbury area

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
Hi Guys (Angie, Mandy, Sarah!)

It looks like there'll be a fair few of us Bunbury way before long! We probably won't be there until end of 2008/beginning of 2009 at the earliest. I want to finish another year of teaching and I'd like my kids to finish a full year too.

To be honest I feel that I'm not in such a rush to get there. I really like life at the moment and I'm a bit panicked by the thought of leaving it behind. I have moments of real excitment though. It reminds me of being pregnant for the first time! You need 9 months to get used to the idea of having a baby. I need lots of time to get used to the idea of moving to Oz! Does that sound weird?

I certainly gives me confidence to think of other Brits over there. Please keep us up to date with all your news as you know how we all like to hear about others on the journey!

Take care

Alex

BTW Husband making me sit down and do the visa app. forms tonight - what fun!
Hi Alex

Good luck with your application, I'm sure there will be no problems as your skill is one which is in demand over there. It has taken us nearly 18mths to get through our application as DIMA changed the visa's last year and we had to re-apply on a different one. Which in a way was a good thing, as it gave us time to get used to the idea. It is a big step as you say, but easier for us as we don't have children to think about, but it is still daunting.

We'll keep in touch via this thread and hopefully see you when get over to OZ in 2008/09.

Angie
xx
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice
Talking Re: Bunbury area

Hi Sarah

Looks like you'll be the first one there, so mine's a chilled white wine please Good luck with the house hunting, I've heard Australind is a lovely area. A web page you might be intertested in is www.expatsinwa.com, click the link articles a woman has written an article on Bunbury and she and her husband have settled in Australind.

Mandy

This might interest you too!! Fingers crossed you reach Bunbury for xmas 2007. I'll have a few red ones chilling for you!!!

Angie
xx
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys!
We too are hoping to head for Bunbury but likely to be sometime 2008. Money has been taken for visa but that's all so far.
So many people seem to be about to leave, I'm so envious
Please keep us up to date with how you get on once moved.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone - and thanks for the links Looks like we will all have plenty of company
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Bunbury area

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hi Guys!
We too are hoping to head for Bunbury but likely to be sometime 2008. Money has been taken for visa but that's all so far.
So many people seem to be about to leave, I'm so envious
Please keep us up to date with how you get on once moved.
Hiya

Will keep you posted, shouldn't take too long for your visa's to come through now that they have your dosh.

Angie
x
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know the postal code for bunbury??
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mandy

The postcode for Bunbury is 6230, I know this because we've just opened a new bank account and have the address of the branch in Bunbury.

Angie
x
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by webb50
Hi Mandy

The postcode for Bunbury is 6230, I know this because we've just opened a new bank account and have the address of the branch in Bunbury.

Angie
x

Cool Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats good theres a few of us off to Bunbury.

I will have the wine and beer on chill for when you all arrive.

Angie thanks for the link.

Oh i am getting excited now.

Sarah
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webb50
Hi Sarah

Looks like you'll be the first one there, so mine's a chilled white wine please Good luck with the house hunting, I've heard Australind is a lovely area. A web page you might be intertested in is www.expatsinwa.com, click the link articles a woman has written an article on Bunbury and she and her husband have settled in Australind.

Angie
xx

Angie, Thanks for the article link. I've just read & feel reassured we are making the right decision (for now anyway!!!) It's so hard when you haven't been somewhere but there is something about the place that feels it will be right!
Sally
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME ALL
I live in Dalyellup, and have done for nearly 3 years.
You are coming to a beautiful part of OZ.
We meet up on a regular basis, and if you go on to expays on WA web site, you can arrange to meet up with us.
We are one big happy family. And we are all there for each other.
Any questions, fire away.
Denise
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi everyone!
I am planning on heading to Bunbury area when I get my little orange visa sticker but am worried about making friends.
Are there any meets in this area for me and my cherubs to come along too??
Thanks
Mandy x
Where abouts are you from, we came from sunny Morecambe.
We have our citizenship ceremony in December, let that be your first invitation in your new life down under.
Denise
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cranni
Where abouts are you from, we came from sunny Morecambe.
We have our citizenship ceremony in December, let that be your first invitation in your new life down under.
Denise

Hey Denise that sounds great - I'll be there with knobs on! (so long as my house is sold :curse I am in Clitheroe, do you know it?? Me and the kids used to go to Morecambe for a day out by the sea but it is now a standing joke that it always rains there so havent been for a while
Anything and everything you can help us with will be printed off and stored in my special BUNBURY folder I feel 110% better now i have finally decided where to head for, just now i need to narrow it down a bit more. Its just me and the kids aged 14 & 12. We want to be pretty close to the beach but realise we may not be able to afford it! I am def gonna be in the lower price range for houses so am terrified i find one but its in the ghettos! Does Bunbury area have places to avoid?? ooooooooh i could go on and on and on and on
Mandy x
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

[We live in DALYELLUP, IN A FOREST BY THE SEA.
It really depends on your budget, you can buy houses here for under 400,000
Have you looked on www.realestate.com.au.
We have it all here, beautiful parks, etc.
Eaton and Australind are also very nice. And some parts of Bunbury, places to avoid would be Carey Park [Scary park] Usher, and Parts of Withers.
Yes I know Clitheroe, not very well though.
What line of work will you be doing.
We are 5 mins from Hospital, Uni, and Tafe [College]
I have 6 children, ages 9,13,14,21,24,26. 4 still at home.
Denise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.